+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship -2023

eudigao

Oct 26, 2018
Hi Everyone! Little update

Sponsoring my child born abroad, I am a permanent resident since 2019.

My timeline:
1.) Application submitted: Aug 16, 2023
2.) AOR received: Aug 17, 2023
3.) Application returned: Set 20, 2023
4.) Application re-submitted: Set 20, 2023
5.) Sponsor Eligibility Approval: Nov 24, 2023
6.) Medical Examination requested : Jan 18, 2024

Reactions: FJK1982 and AK5021

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
Just to clarify, I am myself in India scheduled to fly back to Canada on 25th Feb. Can I initiate my daughter's TRV right away even though I am still in India? How should I draft the invitation letter when I am physically still in India?

Can I mention my plans straight up that I have secured a full time Canadian job and will land in Feb end. Need TRV for my daughter so that my family can be with me by May/June and also that I will apply for her PR sponsorship as soon I am in Canada? Will this scenario stick with IRCC authorities?
You should have applied your baby TRV when he/she born, Keep in mind that when you will apply for your baby TRV visa validity will be as per your PR card expiry, thats what happened with me.
Frankly speaking the only reason they might reject your TRV if you don't show good amount of money, you need to declare that you have enough finance or you are financially strong to take care of the baby without asking any help/support from Canadian government.

sidpadki

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
You should have applied your baby TRV when he/she born, Keep in mind that when you will apply for your baby TRV visa validity will be as per your PR card expiry, thats what happened with me.
Frankly speaking the only reason they might reject your TRV if you don't show good amount of money, you need to declare that you have enough finance or you are financially strong to take care of the baby without asking any help/support from Canadian government.
Thanks for your inputs. Is it advisable to apply for her TRV upfront or should I wait for myself to be physically land back in canada and initiate her pr sponsorship and TRV simultaneously?

Sambee1

Aug 10, 2023
So I assume that you are the PA of the PR application. DO NOT land after the baby is born and just assume that you can just apply for third baby's TRV and bring baby over.

If you try to do that, this kid will be excluded from being sponsored as your dependent FOREVER. There are 2 ways to do it.
1) You and some of your families land first BEFORE the baby is born. Then after the baby is born, sponsor the rest of the family that didn't travel with their stamped passport. (wife and may be kid(s) too young to travel with you. And you need to sponsor them (note, you need to live in Canada while waiting for the application to be approved)

2) Wait till after baby is born ( assuming that your stamped passport visa is valid after that). Then notify IRCC that your family has changed and there is a new child under your application. You will need to add him to your application, Update forms. IRCC will contact you to get new medical (the rest of the family may also need medical if theirs have expired by then). Then IRCC will approve your updated application again and ask for passports and new stamps for the new visa. Then your whole family can land together.

Again DO NOT land after baby is born and just apply for TRV and try to land after that. You were getting a wrong respond possibily because you posted at the wrong section of the forum. While PR/citizen are sponsoring their families. You are not yet PR. You are under an economic stream and the process is different.
Why can’t this new born baby apply for TRV if they were not in the original application

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Why can’t this new born baby apply for TRV if they were not in the original application
If a person 'lands' (becomes a PR) without disclosing all dependents, that PR can no longer sponsor those dependents. Consider it punishment for misrepresenting (hiding/not telling truth about) family composition. It doesn't matter that the child was born after the person was given the COPR/PR visa: the conditions of that clearly state that any change in family composition MUST be communicated to IRCC [before landing].

If the PR becomes a PR ('lands') before the child is born, there is no issue - the family composition did not change before.

Last edited:
Reactions: YVR123

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
Thanks for your inputs. Is it advisable to apply for her TRV upfront or should I wait for myself to be physically land back in Canada and initiate her PR sponsorship and TRV simultaneously?
I have seen similar threads where people have applied TRV and they landed in Canada and applied the PR simultaneously, i personally don't think there is any harm to do both,

Again, not sure if now a days TRV is taking time because when i applied back in 2021 it took alot of time,

Also, keep in mind that PR will obviously going to take alot of time, current processing time of PR in Canada is 10 months, i applied my child PR on 31/Oct which they returned on 13/Dec and asked me to sign on behalf of my son, and i resubmitted the same day and no news still, and there are several stages from where the application will pass through such as, you will received AOR, than medicals than other stuff which defo takes time.

So, i will personally suggest that you apply TRV and parallelly apply for PR once you land, as i am sure that you dont want to keep your family away for so long... so one you get the TRV bring your baby here and make sure that you will update IRCC immediately for any changes.

HOpe that helps.

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
If a person 'lands' (becomes a PR) without disclosing all dependents, that PR can no longer sponsor those dependents. Consider it punishment for misrepresenting (hiding/not telling truth about) family composition. It doesn't matter that the child was born after the person was given the COPR/PR visa: the conditions of that clearly state that any change in family composition MUST be communicated to IRCC [before landing].

If the PR becomes a PR ('lands') before the child is born, there is no issue - the family composition did not change before.
I am not sure if i am getting your point, but myself landed back in AUG 2020 which is soft landing and we returned back after staying a month in Canada, in that meantime we received our PR, my baby born in 2021 and i applied TRV and i got it, and in 2023 we landed permanently, so i never had an issue with the TRV and it was very straight forward case.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am not sure if i am getting your point, but myself landed back in AUG 2020 which is soft landing and we returned back after staying a month in Canada, in that meantime we received our PR, my baby born in 2021 and i applied TRV and i got it, and in 2023 we landed permanently, so i never had an issue with the TRV and it was very straight forward case.
I think if you look at the thread, I was not responding to you.

Since my post contained clear points about IF [something applies to you] and that something does not apply to you, then ... it does not apply to you.

Conversely, if your condition is different, then ... your condition/situation is different. This is how language works.

Sambee1

Aug 10, 2023
I think if you look at the thread, I was not responding to you.

Since my post contained clear points about IF [something applies to you] and that something does not apply to you, then ... it does not apply to you.

Conversely, if your condition is different, then ... your condition/situation is different. This is how language works.
Language has to make sense to people, else there hasn’t been communication. Nothing wrong with people asking for clarification if they don’t get you. It’s common sense.

Reactions: FJK1982

sidpadki

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
I have seen similar threads where people have applied TRV and they landed in Canada and applied the PR simultaneously, i personally don't think there is any harm to do both,

Again, not sure if now a days TRV is taking time because when i applied back in 2021 it took alot of time,

Also, keep in mind that PR will obviously going to take alot of time, current processing time of PR in Canada is 10 months, i applied my child PR on 31/Oct which they returned on 13/Dec and asked me to sign on behalf of my son, and i resubmitted the same day and no news still, and there are several stages from where the application will pass through such as, you will received AOR, than medicals than other stuff which defo takes time.

So, i will personally suggest that you apply TRV and parallelly apply for PR once you land, as i am sure that you dont want to keep your family away for so long... so one you get the TRV bring your baby here and make sure that you will update IRCC immediately for any changes.

HOpe that helps.
Just to make sure I understand you correctly, you are suggesting I apply for TRV immediately and we fly together back to Canada? And then apply for PR sponsorship? What do you mean by updating IRCC for changes? More like updating through webforms?

Also, since our situation is similar, can we connect personally?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Language has to make sense to people, else there hasn’t been communication. Nothing wrong with people asking for clarification if they don’t get you. It’s common sense.
But if you read a response to someone else, it may not apply to your situation. That should be obvious.

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
Just to make sure I understand you correctly, you are suggesting I apply for TRV immediately and we fly together back to Canada? And then apply for PR sponsorship? What do you mean by updating IRCC for changes? More like updating through webforms?

Sure, msg me ur whats app and we can discuss, happy to help where ever i can...

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
Guys, update on my case,

31/Oct/2023 : PR applied for my son (inland application - He is in Canada on TRV)
13/Dec/2023 : Application returned (for missing signature) and resubmitted on same day
20/Jan/2023 : Email received from IRCC mentioning the Application no. and below msg

"This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2023/12/13 on behalf of the following member(s):"

So i consider this email as AOR?

Also, on "Application for Permanent Residence" Portal nothing has been changed and it is still showing as "Submitted"

Lastly, i am unable to create account on "Application Tracker",

Any suggestion / help will be highly appreciated.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

Your case and the other poster's is DIFFERENT.
You are waiting to land after your baby is born. The one that kept replying had landed as a PR before he returned to home land and then the child was born after.
That's why we told you NOT to land and inform IRCC. Getting MORE info from that other poster won't help you.
But it's up to you.

I am not sure if i am getting your point, but myself landed back in AUG 2020 which is soft landing and we returned back after staying a month in Canada, in that meantime we received our PR (cards), my baby born in 2021 and i applied TRV and i got it, and in 2023 we landed permanently, so i never had an issue with the TRV and it was very straight forward case.

Reactions: armoured