+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship -2023

AK5021

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
I submitted an orphaned sibling application under 18 years old:
- Application submitted on November 2nd, 2023.
- Application returned on Jan 12, 2024 (Due to missing signature)
- Resubmitted on Jan 12, 2024.

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
I am a pr card holder currently in India. I have received a full time job offer from a canadian employer and I will be landing in Canada in Feb end.

I need to get my 9 month old baby (born in India) to canada along with her mother (she is pr holder too) later this year.

Should I be applying for her TRV and then PR sponsorship? What is best way so that I can get them both as soon as possible

Is this true TRV of dependent child could be be rejected since parents are permanent residents?
You should apply for TRV for the child and apply for Pr once you are in Canada with the child.

From my personal experience, they didn’t reject our daughter’s TRV. We told them straight up saying we are brining our daughter to Canada and then apply for PR and they approved our daughter’s TRV.

sidpadki

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
You should apply for TRV for the child and apply for Pr once you are in Canada with the child.

From my personal experience, they didn’t reject our daughter’s TRV. We told them straight up saying we are brining our daughter to Canada and then apply for PR and they approved our daughter’s TRV.
Thanks Andrew for your reply. Do you know what is the validity of the TRV? Do they mention a date on the visa before which the kid needs to arrive in Canada?

I am planning to bring my kid and wife (already a PR) in Canada sometime in May or June. So should I be applying for TRV right away or I should wait for a couple of months?

Sambee1

Aug 10, 2023
Thanks Andrew for your reply. Do you know what is the validity of the TRV? Do they mention a date on the visa before which the kid needs to arrive in Canada?

I am planning to bring my kid and wife (already a PR) in Canada sometime in May or June. So should I be applying for TRV right away or I should wait for a couple of months?
Why would you apply for a visa for PR holder?
if the person has PR just buy their ticket, find them a room, and cook some nice traditional food, and watch them come in June.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

Why do you think better to apply for TRV first? Both can be done simultaneously, in principle. There's no outland/inland distinction for dependent children, so ... starting it earlier likely to get it finished earlier (with attendant benefits for health care eligibility, etc). Obviously one applies for the TRV so as to bring the kid earlier so understand why that would be priority.

But an honest question on my part.

Apply for the TRV right away, sometimes approved quickly, sometimes longer. As noted, I don't see a downside to applying for PR for the child before arriving in Canada - you just update address with IRCC once in Canada.

Why would you apply for a visa for PR holder?
I understood to mean the spouse is a PR, the child - not.

sidpadki

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Why do you think better to apply for TRV first? Both can be done simultaneously, in principle. There's no outland/inland distinction for dependent children, so ... starting it earlier likely to get it finished earlier (with attendant benefits for health care eligibility, etc). Obviously one applies for the TRV so as to bring the kid earlier so understand why that would be priority.

But an honest question on my part.

Apply for the TRV right away, sometimes approved quickly, sometimes longer. As noted, I don't see a downside to applying for PR for the child before arriving in Canada - you just update address with IRCC once in Canada.

I understood to mean the spouse is a PR, the child - not.
Just to clarify, I am myself in India scheduled to fly back to Canada on 25th Feb. Can I initiate my daughter's TRV right away even though I am still in India? How should I draft the invitation letter when I am physically still in India?

Can I mention my plans straight up that I have secured a full time Canadian job and will land in Feb end. Need TRV for my daughter so that my family can be with me by May/June and also that I will apply for her PR sponsorship as soon I am in Canada? Will this scenario stick with IRCC authorities?

kkarim999

Jan 18, 2024
Hi folks,

I don't know if there is someone in the same situation or not.

My express entry history is as follows:

ITA received on May 2023,
AOR: 10 July 2023
COPR: 10 January 2024
Request letter 14 January 2024
Passports submitted for visa: 16 January 2024.

The question is that I've submitted passports for me and dependent family members (spouse and 2 kids). Most probably I will get my visa stamped in let's assume 4-5 weeks However, we are waiting for the third baby as well. In this case, what's the best and fastest option to get the visa for the newborn baby, if we plan the landing in the summer? Is the visitor visa option ok? Because as far as I know, the sponsorship is possible if the parents are in Canada.

Thanks a lot for the shared experiences.

Sambee1

Aug 10, 2023
Hi folks,

The question is that I've submitted passports for me and dependent family members (spouse and 2 kids). Most probably I will get my visa stamped in let's assume 4-5 weeks However, we are waiting for the third baby as well. In this case, what's the best and fastest option to get the visa for the newborn baby, if we plan the landing in the summer? Is the visitor visa option ok? Because as far as I know, the sponsorship is possible if the parents are in Canada.

Yes you can do the inland application for the baby ones in Canada.
just get the baby passport and apply for the TRV. I want to believe it should be faster.
congratulations on all levels

kkarim999

Jan 18, 2024
Thanks a lot for the reply. So for TRV application, there is no need to prove that the applicant (baby) will return to home country etc. right? I thought for this reason the TRV application could be refused. Otherwise, to continue all PR documentation in Canada is ok.

just get the baby passport and apply for the TRV. I want to believe it should be faster.

Sambee1

Aug 10, 2023
Thanks a lot for the reply. So for TRV application, there is no need to prove that the applicant (baby) will return to home country etc. right? I thought for this reason the TRV application could be refused. Otherwise, to continue all PR documentation in Canada is ok.
Naaaaa, they are still under your sponsorship, you are the one sponsoring their visit so you will have to prove your ability to care for them. Vo won’t be worried about a dependant of a PR holder

Reactions: kkarim999

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi folks,

I don[t think the advice to get a TRV is correct. If the child is born BEFORE you become a PR, you should apply to have the child added to the 'party'. You can sponsor separately if you land (become a PR) before the child is born.

This is NOT optional. The instructions you get will say very clearly that you MUST advise IRCC if your family configuration changes, and that includes having a new-born dependent.

Note: I do not know the situation if (for example) you become a PR and your spouse and other family members do not land first.

Note: this is really a question about express entry specifics, you should check in that forum. YOu may have to ask IRCC.

But again: you definitely should NOT land and become a PR after the child is born UNLESS the child has been added to your family unit as an accompnying dependent. (There is the potential they would decide the child was not declared - as required - and you'd lose the ability to sponsor ever).

Reactions: YVR123

sidpadki

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Just to clarify, I am myself in India scheduled to fly back to Canada on 25th Feb. Can I initiate my daughter's TRV right away even though I am still in India? How should I draft the invitation letter when I am physically still in India?

Can I mention my plans straight up that I have secured a full time Canadian job and will land in Feb end. Need TRV for my daughter so that my family can be with me by May/June and also that I will apply for her PR sponsorship as soon I am in Canada? Will this scenario stick with IRCC authorities?
@Armoured95 Hello, Any thoughts on this? Also, Is it true, TRV applied after PR sponsorship greatly increases the TRV approval for the dependent kid?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
This is incorrect. Note that kkarim999 is not planning to land and become PR until the 3rd child is born. He is also applying under economic stream NOT sponsoring his dependent.

He and his family CANNOT land after baby is born with the current stamped passports. Since there will be an additional family memeber.
If he does that, the baby will be EXCLUDED from being sponsored as his dependent FOREVER. And this is serious.

Last edited:

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi folks,

So I assume that you are the PA of the PR application. DO NOT land after the baby is born and just assume that you can just apply for third baby's TRV and bring baby over.

If you try to do that, this kid will be excluded from being sponsored as your dependent FOREVER. There are 2 ways to do it.
1) You and some of your families land first BEFORE the baby is born. Then after the baby is born, sponsor the rest of the family that didn't travel with their stamped passport. (wife and may be kid(s) too young to travel with you. And you need to sponsor them (note, you need to live in Canada while waiting for the application to be approved)

2) Wait till after baby is born ( assuming that your stamped passport visa is valid after that). Then notify IRCC that your family has changed and there is a new child under your application. You will need to add him to your application, Update forms. IRCC will contact you to get new medical (the rest of the family may also need medical if theirs have expired by then). Then IRCC will approve your updated application again and ask for passports and new stamps for the new visa. Then your whole family can land together.

Again DO NOT land after baby is born and just apply for TRV and try to land after that. You were getting a wrong respond possibily because you posted at the wrong section of the forum. While PR/citizen are sponsoring their families. You are not yet PR. You are under an economic stream and the process is different.