+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship -2023

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
My Application returned today stating the below, i corrected the same and resubmit. Any idea how long it will take for them now to pick this up, initial submission was on 31/Oct and they returned on 13/Dec.

Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344)
 A parent or legal guardian must sign on behalf of a dependent child under the age of 18 when a signature for this person is required.
They seem to be fast for giving out AOR now, so maybe a month?

Sambee1

Aug 10, 2023
Hope so dear, my only fear is that they wont return the file again for any other reason / correction, hoping that they screen all the documents and reverted only once.
They definitely screened it and told you all that is needed for corrections. If you indeed do the corrections you should get AOR in a space of 2 months

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
They definitely screened it and told you all that is needed for corrections. If you indeed do the corrections you should get AOR in a space of 2 months
It was very minor stuff, I submitted yesterday itself, so will wait and watch

san777das

Sep 30, 2022
Hello All

I had applied for my son's sponsorship. Below is the timeline. Wanted to know if it is normal to wait for 2 months after receiving pre-arrival letter?

Applied on May 30, 2023.
AOR 15th July
Medicals completed Sept 13th
Pre arrival letter - Oct 14

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
Guys, Question.

Is it mandatory to submit the TRV extension while child case is getting evaluated by Canadian authorities for PR? my son is in Canada,

PR Application Submitted on 31/Oct
Rejection because of some missing signatures : 13/Dec (Resubmitted same day)
His 6 month period is going to expire on 24/Jan,

Any suggestions if i should put his TRV extension (His TRV is still valid till 2025).

Thanks in advance.

Umbertoya

Dec 6, 2023
I had the same issue as i am unable to type or write anything on IMM5669 signature field, so i attached one word file with that form, and explained the same and signed that word form, i am not sure how IRCC is going to react on that.
Apparently on the last form, which is Consent and Declaration form we should provide parent name. By signing this form we also sign IMM5669 form, it is mentioned there.
p.s. this is web application not PDF file

Reactions: FJK1982

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
Guys, Question.

Is it mandatory to submit the TRV extension while child case is getting evaluated by Canadian authorities for PR? my son is in Canada,

PR Application Submitted on 31/Oct
Rejection because of some missing signatures : 13/Dec (Resubmitted same day)
His 6 month period is going to expire on 24/Jan,

Any suggestions if i should put his TRV extension (His TRV is still valid till 2025).

Thanks in advance.
Yes, you must extend your son’s visitor status in Canada before it expire in January 2024.
Applying for PR does not give your son implied status.

LuckyS

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
How long will it take to send the COPR after the Passport request? I sent the passport and IRCC received it on Dec 7th. No update til now.

Sambee1

Aug 10, 2023
How long will it take to send the COPR after the Passport request? I sent the passport and IRCC received it on Dec 7th. No update til now.
Did you send through courier service? To VAC? If so then contact VAC for tracking details and where the passport is

LuckyS

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
Did you send through courier service? To VAC? If so then contact VAC for tracking details and where the passport is
Yes, I sent through VAC and I do have tracking details. I am checking the normal processing time. How long will IRCC New Delhi take to send us the passport with CoPR?

Sambee1

Aug 10, 2023
Yes, I sent through VAC and I do have tracking details. I am checking the normal processing time. How long will IRCC New Delhi take to send us the passport with CoPR?
When they finish you should see it with the tracking number you have. They would indicate that they have sent the decision envelope to VAC. That’s when you will be calling Vac for it

LuckyS

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
When they finish you should see it with the tracking number you have. They would indicate that they have sent the decision envelope to VAC. That’s when you will be calling Vac for it
I am aware of checking the status. All I am looking for is to understand the current processing times for the members who have submitted their passports recently and how soon they got them. So, that I can estimate how long will it take for me to expect an update on that.