+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship -2023

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
I mean to get the ppr not visa validity
You missed my point, which was, perhaps, a bit obscure. In missing my point, you missed my sarcasm.

Child sponsorship , completed all 4 task on 16th march 2024, In how many days I can expect my ppr
When you say "completed all 4 task" I take it that refers to steps such as background check, etc. So, that led you to ask how many days after that until ppr. What I am saying is this: when you get ppr, you will then be able to say how many days it took for it to arrive. Until you get it, know one knows.

You have not received other replies here simply because no one can answer the question. IRCC does not have some set schedule for these things. It could be a few days or many. The best you might get is a reply from someone who has been through the process, saying something like: "Well, in my case, it took 18 days." They can't say you too will get ppr in 18 days. It don't work that way.

Reactions: armoured

vcu

Mar 25, 2024
Hi All,

I'm reaching to clear out my confusion while filling the IMM 5481 form at section 6. "Persons not included in 5. above, if applicable.
In our scenario, both parents are PR's through express entry and never sponsored anyone before and now wants to sponsor our child ( under 1 year age) born outside Canada.

As for now, total looks like below, is this calculation correct. or I only need to add just 4 a and 5a and total it to "2"

4 :1
5 a : 1
5 b: 0
6 a: 1
6 b : 0

Total : 3

Any insights on this subject is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

sidpadki

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
I need apply for my daughter's PR sponsorship. I am currently in India and she is in India.

Could you share the link of the PR application portal where we can apply for same? What are the timelines nowadays for family sponsorship esp dependent child

Do note, my daughter already has a TRV and we plan to bring her to Canada in couple of month. But I want to apply for PR sponsorship as soon as possible as her TRV will come with 6 month stay i guess

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I need apply for my daughter's PR sponsorship. I am currently in India and she is in India.

Could you share the link of the PR application portal where we can apply for same? What are the timelines nowadays for family sponsorship esp dependent child

Do note, my daughter already has a TRV and we plan to bring her to Canada in couple of month. But I want to apply for PR sponsorship as soon as possible as her TRV will come with 6 month stay i guess
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/apply.html

Note, you cannot sponsor while you are outside of Canada. If the other parent is in Canada and a PR/citizen, then they can start the process. For children with a TRV, the 6-month stay can be extended if the approved PR isn't received by then.

Reactions: YVR123

sidpadki

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019

AK5021

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
- I submitted an orphaned sibling application under 18 years old:
- Application submitted on November 2nd, 2023.
- Application returned on Jan 12, 2024 (Due to missing signature)
- Resubmitted on Jan 12, 2024.
- I submitted an orphaned sibling application under 18 years old:
- Application submitted on November 2nd, 2023.
- Application returned on Jan 12, 2024 (Due to missing signature)
- Resubmitted on Jan 12, 2024.
- AOR -Apr 2nd 2024

What would the next step be? and how long is it gonna take?

Sambee1

Aug 10, 2023
My tracker has a ghost update as of April 03
“We sent you a message about your application
Read the message carefully and take appropriate action as necessary “

could this be good news for my dependent child?
Medicals was completed on 12 December 2023.

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015

Likely. Read the message to see what's there.

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020

That's quite a lively ghost, sending a message. I always thought a ghost update was something more ethereal.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/what-is-ghost-update.584367/

Why not just heed @charliem's advice and read the message? That will tell you for sure it it's good news.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Why not just heed @charliem's advice and read the message? That will tell you for sure it it's good news.
While that's good advice, the issue that confuses almost everyone is that you get these messages telling you that you have a message that ... you do not have, because (most likely) they have not yet sent it. Probably just in a queue to be processed somewhere. Or if it is supposed to be in gckey or some other system, it is not yet there. Why? Dunno.

This may have made sense in the day of postal mail messages - we sent you a letter, please action it - in current context it is almost entirely nonsensical. Put the message into whatever system the recipient is supposed to read and action it, and only THEN send the 'please read your message' message.

Or even more simply, they could INCLUDE the operational part of the message that's in the message that they have sent you the message about (which just tells you to go and read the message that they haven't included, if I haven't confused myself by going too referential), instead of sending you this dance-of-the-seven-veils message.

I think this is a recursive re-entry message in computer science, but I never got to that part.

[This isn't you, @Kaibigan, I'm just pointing out that applicants/sponsors are confused for a reason]