+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship -2023

Rosybeaner888

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Anyone received PPR? It's really long time waiting! Is it good to apply for visitor visa while waiting for PPR? Because travel clearance will be expiring soon.

missedTheGCBus

Star Member
Sep 8, 2022
How long does AOR take these days for dependent child, am sponsoring child who is just a few months old and was born in the US (and lives in Canada now) in case that is relevant. Would appreciate any information about timelines. I was told I need AOR to add him to provincial insurance in BC so waiting eagerly

Pragmatic

Apr 22, 2024
Application Returned - May 3, 2023. (for the dependent child - need to sign by a parent)
Application Resubmitted - May 3, 2023.
received the acknowledgement that my sponsorship application is received - Jun 6, 2023.
Sponsorship Eligibility Approval - July 13, 2023.
Please is your application now complete and if Yes? How long did it take after the sponsorship eligibility approval to move to the next step. I have been stock with mine sponsorship approval for the past 3 months and not sure if this takes longer. Please I would really appreciate your response.

sj1234567

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Anyone received PPR? It's really long time waiting! Is it good to apply for visitor visa while waiting for PPR? Because travel clearance will be expiring soon.
my sponsorship eligibility approval was on last December and we only get medical done in April. How is your timeline? How long it has been since Medical?

ryll

May 2, 2024
Family class sponsorship (Dependent Child)
My application was submitted on December 14, 2023 got my Aor February 8, and I have completed all necessary medical and biometric procedures also, my eligibility was updated to in progress.

April 11 an information letter was sent to me that my Pr Application was transferred to a visa office in Manila from Immigration office (CPC Mississauga). However, the letter did not provide any specific instructions on what steps I should take next or what additional information may be required from me.

Is this a good sign? Is there a possible estimated processing time? Will it take more months to wait?

Pragmatic

Apr 22, 2024
Does a ghost update mean anything my people... Appears it says the tracker was updated May 7 but when I check i don't see any update... does this mean an update is going to be showing up soon.. because they updated a supporting document I had sent in . Has anyone experienced this.

sj1234567

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Does a ghost update mean anything my people... Appears it says the tracker was updated May 7 but when I check i don't see any update... does this mean an update is going to be showing up soon.. because they updated a supporting document I had sent in . Has anyone experienced this.
This is very common. I get few ghost updates every few weeks. Doesn’t mean much.

sj1234567

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
My application was submitted on December 14, 2023 got my Aor February 8, and I have completed all necessary medical and biometric procedures also, my eligibility was updated to in progress.

April 11 an information letter was sent to me that my Pr Application was transferred to a visa office in Manila from Immigration office (CPC Mississauga). However, the letter did not provide any specific instructions on what steps I should take next or what additional information may be required from me.

Is this a good sign? Is there a possible estimated processing time? Will it take more months to wait?
where do you see that deligibility went to in progress? I am only using sponsor status tracker. I haven’t created an account for my child just to keep things simple.

ryll

May 2, 2024
where do you see that deligibility went to in progress? I am only using sponsor status tracker. I haven’t created an account for my child just to keep things simple.

U can link your application to your gckey account if u have one or u can sign in to the Pr Application Status Tracker u can see updates regarding eligibility background check etc.

u can refer to this link

https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en

Smithd

Star Member
Aug 15, 2016
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
16-08-2016
AOR Received.
09-09-2016
File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Request
upfront/PC upfront
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
Interview........
02-02-2017
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
should be here already
My friend is sponsoring his dependent daughter from Jamaica. He received a letter from IRCC stating "IPRMS Processing fee receipt." Does this means the receipt for fees wasn't received? What are the fees for sponsoring? Is it $175.00 for child and the processing fee of $85.00.

Rosybeaner888

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019

It's a good sign....more months to wait.