+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship -2023

pfrazillio

Aug 22, 2021
What is your background? For example citizenship of child and family can lead to longer wait times.

2. When did you get the message that you have been sent an email. There is often a time delay between the message appears in the portal and when you get the message of up to a week. I would wait until the end of this week and see if you receive the letter and if you still haven’t received a letter 7+ days after you received the notice then I would start pursuing more investigation.
Me and my wife are both PR and our daughter was born in Brazil.

I got the update saying that a message has been sent to me on February 15th, so it’s been morr than 7 days.

Feb 28, 2024
Guys I need your advise, I am PR holders my wife's Outland sponsorship in progress(It's been 5 months already). Her TRV is approved, she's 4 months pregnant now . Planning to bring her to canada apply for work permit once landed in Canada and using an offer letter get her OHIP and deliver the baby in Canada. My wife want to stay in India and deliver the baby. If baby is delivered in India. I have to go through baby's PR process which is taking 10-11 months of processing time on IRCC portal. Please advise, Which option is best delivery in India or Canada?

pfrazillio

Aug 22, 2021
Guys I need your advise, I am PR holders my wife's Outland sponsorship in progress(It's been 5 months already). Her TRV is approved, she's 4 months pregnant now . Planning to bring her to canada apply for work permit once landed in Canada and using an offer letter get her OHIP and deliver the baby in Canada. My wife want to stay in India and deliver the baby. If baby is delivered in India. I have to go through baby's PR process which is taking 10-11 months of processing time on IRCC portal. Please advise, Which option is best delivery in India or Canada?
I would say that you should respect your wife’s preference. Maybe she will feel more secure/confident on having the baby in her home country (India). Maybe she is fine on having the baby in Canada.

My point is: focus on the baby’s safety and your wife’s preferences. Yes, you will need to sponsor the baby later but this is so minor comparing to your wife and baby’s health.

My personal opinion is that it might be too risky to come to Canada hoping to get both Work Permit and OHIP before the baby is born. What if she need any medical assistance before she gets the OHIP? Would you have the money to cover for it?

Wishing you, your wife and your future baby the best!

Sambee1

Aug 10, 2023
lol this
lol I can feel your frustration. Some of our own people can be very stubborn when it comes to what they want vs what is ideal. For sure you seem to know what you are doing when you say you can change her Trv into work permit and use to get her OHIP. Which is smart move because it will save another applicant process of TRV or PR for the little one. There’s a saying that sometimes you need to crack the whip. It means doing your utmost to have someone behave better or do the right thing. So I suggest you reapproach her, use a nice and soft tone to encourage her. The fear of uncertainty can engulf than phagocytosis but you can break the spore. Be gentle with her and help her see the light too. There’s something she’s not understanding. Medical wise, emotional wise and baby health wise, maybe she will be fine with you in Canada than India. So keep encouraging, DO NOT COERCE HER

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
lol this

lol I can feel your frustration. Some of our own people can be very stubborn when it comes to what they want vs what is ideal. For sure you seem to know what you are doing when you say you can change her Trv into work permit and use to get her OHIP. Which is smart move because it will save another applicant process of TRV or PR for the little one. There’s a saying that sometimes you need to crack the whip. It means doing your utmost to have someone behave better or do the right thing. So I suggest you reapproach her, use a nice and soft tone to encourage her. The fear of uncertainty can engulf than phagocytosis but you can break the spore. Be gentle with her and help her see the light too. There’s something she’s not understanding. Medical wise, emotional wise and baby health wise, maybe she will be fine with you in Canada than India. So keep encouraging, DO NOT COERCE HER
But how can he garantee that the OWP will be approved before the child is born? And the work contract will be fake since she will then be so late in her pregnancy to start working full time. (6 months + contract to get OHIP)

Reactions: canuck78

Sambee1

Aug 10, 2023
But how can he garantee that the OWP will be approved before the child is born? And the work contract will be fake since she will then be so late in her pregnancy to start working full time. (6 months + contract to get OHIP)
Do you know when his wife got pregnant?
what if she’s 1 month pregnant? Subjective data is more efficient than objective data and personal assumptions. That is why I mentioned that he seem to know what he’s doing and talking about.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I've stated my opinion based on the considerable issues with doing this before:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/dependent-child-sponsorship.787531/post-10777883

So far the feel-good posts saying 'do it' do not seem remotely aware of the real issues involved, nor informed about the specific issues (eg work permit and OHIP) - let alone address any of them substantively.

Your call though.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Do you know when his wife got pregnant?
what if she’s 1 month pregnant? Subjective data is more efficient than objective data and personal assumptions. That is why I mentioned that he seem to know what he’s doing and talking about.
We know because he already wrote it - four months pregnant.

And WTF is 'subjective data' anyway?

Reactions: Kaibigan and YVR123

Sambee1

Aug 10, 2023
Everybody seem to be ignoring a very simple question. I’ve done this case studies multiple times. We focus on the information rather than the question itself. He wants to know whether or not it is a good idea to deliver in India or Canada.
so focus on that question not just the information that is only there to guide. What if he is a business owner or knows a relative or friend that can easily apply for LMIA or offer a job? Like seriously? People only interested in their personal feelings rather than paying attention to details?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Everybody seem to be ignoring a very simple question. I’ve done this case studies multiple times. We focus on the information rather than the question itself. He wants to know whether or not it is a good idea to deliver in India or Canada.
so focus on that question not just the information that is only there to guide. What if he is a business owner or knows a relative or friend that can easily apply for LMIA or offer a job? Like seriously? People only interested in their personal feelings rather than paying attention to details?
Wife is 4 months pregnant. I am just pointing out the risk since both apply for OWP then getting a contract for at least 6 months or apply for LMIA then a closed work permit takes time. He may not get coverage when the baby is delivered. If he wants to do it and have the fund to pay out of pocket just in case, sure.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That would be both immigration and healthcare fraud first of all. She would need to get the WP and show that job will last over 6 months full-time which as others have pointed out would be impossible unless she returned back to work soon after delivery. Most Service Ontario offices will know that getting hired as a heavenly pregnant woman is unlikely and so would working for at least 6 months in the next year. If people have the savings to pay out of pocket 10k+ for a vaginal delivery and some prenatal car or 15k+ for a c-section if there are any complication at any time price increases will go up. Many will suggest going to a midwife to save money but midwifery practices are all full and due to the number of people arriving without OHIP it is even harder to secure a spot. Most OB practices are also full and they must prioritize OHIP patients first and some hospital no longer accept non-OHIP patients except for emergencies so there are multiple issues to consider.

XpressGirl

Jun 9, 2021
HELP

if adding my spouse to PR application and he has 3 children from his ex marriage who are in full custody of the ex wife, will I list the children as my dependents on IM008 generic form, or rather list them on the additional family information form?