File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
Was there a reason for your delay for AOR1. We received ours in one week. Our VO is Nairobi, who are notoriously slow on medical.
Well, in these COVID days, anything is possible. We were surprised to see AOR four months later. We thought it would come after half a year.

Viks8988

Nov 16, 2021
I don't know how you people really found that online cos when I was trying to do that for my son, it redirected me to mail. I got AOR withim 21 days. But maybe you should contact ircc using web form that you sent online application and just want to confirm if it was received as you are yet to get acknowledgedment
Hi, when did you apply. I applied on October 5th via mail, but no Aor yet.

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
I applied on oct 7th and no AOR yet
AOR can take up to 6 months after application is received. Any number of factors can be the reason for it, the individual processing the file or whatever else is going on in the department.

Reactions: Ashsan

KhayalM

Nov 17, 2021
Hi,

I and my wife are PR holders, I am in Canada and my wife is abroad staying with 1 year old son who is not a PR holder. My sponsorship application for our son was received on 16th March at Sydney Ofiice, NS.

Any idea how long does it take to get to get an AoR in case of completed application?

Thanks

Br,
Hi there,
Quick question regarding the photo requirements: I am sponsoring my child who is outside of Canada, staying with my wife (also PR holder). in the IMM 5534e, 2 photos are required. There is a requirement to get photos stamped and dated on their back. How did you handle it if the child is outside of Canada?

KhayalM

Nov 17, 2021
Hi all,

Very helpful to read through threads. Question on photo requirement.

I am sponsoring my child who is currently outside of Canada. Question I have is about photo requirements of the principal applicant.

Under the photo requirements, photos need to be dated and stamped on their back re date of photo etc. Question is: I am in Canada, and I am gathering all documentation in paper to submit to CIC by mail. How did you manage to get photos taken outside of Canada to be included in the application package? did you get them re-printed here in Canada? any advises?

Thanks in advance.
K

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Quick question regarding the photo requirements: I am sponsoring my child who is outside of Canada, staying with my wife (also PR holder). in the IMM 5534e, 2 photos are required. There is a requirement to get photos stamped and dated on their back. How did you handle it if the child is outside of Canada?
Well, you'll have to get the photos physically sent.

If you mean the photos dated and stamped - ideal if the photo studio can do so. If they can't, it's fine to write in by hand on the back - details of photos studio (name, address, telephone or email), date. (That's what we did)

Note: as far as I can tell, IRCC not very strict about this requirement (eg they won't send back if no postal code on the photo address), but can be picky about the photo dimensions and that other stuff.

Reactions: KhayalM and YVR123

KhayalM

Nov 17, 2021
Well, you'll have to get the photos physically sent.

If you mean the photos dated and stamped - ideal if the photo studio can do so. If they can't, it's fine to write in by hand on the back - details of photos studio (name, address, telephone or email), date. (That's what we did)

Note: as far as I can tell, IRCC not very strict about this requirement (eg they won't send back if no postal code on the photo address), but can be picky about the photo dimensions and that other stuff.
Thanks a lot. I can get photo taken and digitally sent to me so I can print it out here and put date and other information on the back myself, as you did. did you application went well? no further question re photo ? Also, I understand you only add child's photo. not your photo, nor your spouse's, right? (spouse already PR holder too).

many thanks for sharing .

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks a lot. I can get photo taken and digitally sent to me so I can print it out here and put date and other information on the back myself, as you did. did you application went well? no further question re photo ? Also, I understand you only add child's photo. not your photo, nor your spouse's, right? (spouse already PR holder too).

many thanks for sharing .
We had ours printed at the photo shop. Can't say whether your plan will work.

Ours was a family app. But if you are applying only for child, no, you shouldn't need to provide other passport-style photos.

KhayalM

Nov 17, 2021
Hi everyone,

I am about to submit sponsorship application for my child who is outside of Canada right now. Meanwhile, we applied for TRV too. If she gets TRV and travels to Canada on tourist visa after I apply for sponsorship application, is it an issue? I understand we might send some update to the CIC, but is it a complicated case or does it delay the processing of the application?
thanks

Ashsan

Jun 22, 2019
Hi all,

Very helpful to read through threads. Question on photo requirement.

I am sponsoring my child who is currently outside of Canada. Question I have is about photo requirements of the principal applicant.

Under the photo requirements, photos need to be dated and stamped on their back re date of photo etc. Question is: I am in Canada, and I am gathering all documentation in paper to submit to CIC by mail. How did you manage to get photos taken outside of Canada to be included in the application package? did you get them re-printed here in Canada? any advises?

Thanks in advance.
K
Hey
why don't you apply online?