+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship - 2021

N90

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
Hi there,

I believe you have applied from UAE for your dependent child's PR visa?

Can you please share your experience. This has been my story so far:

I have twin toddler boys (2.5 years old, born March 2019). My husband and I have been PR holders since September 2018, but we are residing in Dubai and will be making the move by the end of the year. However, my husband visits Canada often and during his trip in May 2020 to Canada, he dropped a sponsorship application for both my sons.
Please note: Our Canadian address is my sister in law's apartment address, since we reside with her when we visit Toronto.

This has been our timeline:

July 1, 2020 : Couriered Application to
CPC Sydney
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

January 7, 2021 : Confirmation of Application received for both Twins
July 27, 2021: Received an email for both my twins, containing the following excerpt from Nova Scotia Case Processing Centre:

August 28, 2021: I sent a case-specific webform showing my wife's enrollment in a Canadian university, starting September 2021 and our flight tickets booked to Canada.
September 1, 2021: AOR from IRCC London office.

Thanks in advance
Hi,
Yes I live in the UAE but my husband is in Canada since May 2021 and he submitted our son's PR application in June. But we haven't made any progress so far. no AOR. We did notice some errors in one of our forms so it's likely we will get the application back as incomplete. We are now trying to process a visit visa for our baby, which again is taking ages. We've submitted the application to Abu Dhabi VO.

nubeado

May 21, 2021
Hi there,

I believe you have applied from UAE for your dependent child's PR visa?

Can you please share your experience. This has been my story so far:

I have twin toddler boys (2.5 years old, born March 2019). My husband and I have been PR holders since September 2018, but we are residing in Dubai and will be making the move by the end of the year. However, my husband visits Canada often and during his trip in May 2020 to Canada, he dropped a sponsorship application for both my sons.
Please note: Our Canadian address is my sister in law's apartment address, since we reside with her when we visit Toronto.

This has been our timeline:

July 1, 2020 : Couriered Application to
CPC Sydney
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

January 7, 2021 : Confirmation of Application received for both Twins
July 27, 2021: Received an email for both my twins, containing the following excerpt from Nova Scotia Case Processing Centre:

August 28, 2021: I sent a case-specific webform showing my wife's enrollment in a Canadian university, starting September 2021 and our flight tickets booked to Canada.
September 1, 2021: AOR from IRCC London office.

Thanks in advance

Well you have to be currently residing in Canada if you are a PR to sponsor. You are basically not eligible, only citizens can sponsor being abroad...

Reactions: YVR123

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Well you have to be currently residing in Canada if you are a PR to sponsor. You are basically not eligible, only citizens can sponsor being abroad...
Yes I agree, if you are a PR and applying for sponsorship I thought you had to be inside Canada. Leaving for months is not allowed

wisetrack

Jun 18, 2018
Received AOR1 today for my inland dependent child application that was received in Sydney NS on 18-Aug-2021, and was able to link the application to my online account. Seems pretty fast and hoping this continues!

Reactions: laport2018

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Received AOR1 today for my inland dependent child application that was received in Sydney NS on 18-Aug-2021, and was able to link the application to my online account. Seems pretty fast and hoping this continues!
I hope all is quick for you tooo. Our is outland and the beginning was super fast........ now its at a standstill. I hope everyone here waiting get through quickly :)

wisetrack

Jun 18, 2018
I hope all is quick for you tooo. Our is outland and the beginning was super fast........ now its at a standstill. I hope everyone here waiting get through quickly :)
Yeah, once you cross SA and medicals, the processing time is all based on luck and which VO your application ends up at.

AniArch

Feb 18, 2018
Hey sharing timeline of inland PR application for my baby who was born is US...

6th April 2021 :- Application received at Sydney, NS.

22nd April 2021 :- AOR1

5th Aug 2021 :- Medical Request

9th Aug 2021 :- SA Approval email

19th Aug 2021 :- Medical Received/Passed update.

5th Sep 2021 :- Invitation for Pre-arrival (of no use as we were in Canada)

7th Sep 2021 :- Additional Details required email (They should have misplaced 1st page of IMM 0008 form but said its missing.) Anyways uploaded it same day.

8th Sep 2021 :- Permanent Resident Confirmation portal asking email to be used and port of entry details to create credentials.

9th Sep 2021 :- Got Credentials for Permanent Resident Confirmation portal and submitted photo, address details to send PR and confirmation that we are in Canada.

Also by error I think they sent another reminder email again asking email and port of entry details. I replied it is already provided, I already got credentials and even have submitted all details. No reply for this as expected.

10th Sep 2021 :- Got COPR :) . Also taking that went to ServiceOntario to get baby's HealthCard issued. Worked

They should send PR Card by mail in a week or two.

Thanks all for posting updates and All the Best for those who are still waiting for PR.

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Yeah, once you cross SA and medicals, the processing time is all based on luck and which VO your application ends up at.
Yes, and in our case we ended up with a VO that has has us confused LOl. Dependant is from Dominican Republic and VO is Dakar..... firgure that one out HAHA. Looks like I am in for a bit of a wait

irine11

May 9, 2019
Timeline Update:
Application received- July 27th
AOR - Aug 25th
SA - Aug 30th
(VO changed to New Delhi)
Medicals Request - Aug 31st
Medicals done - Sep 11
Medicals passed - Sep 12

Reactions: laport2018

cmcalister

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
hi everyone, I am looking for some clarification on applying for GCMS notes. My husband is a PR in Canada and our 16 year old son is in Kenya. He was part of our original application but did not travel at that time. My question is regarding the consent for the notes. It refers to children under 16 or over 18 and who needs to sign. Would his mother and father both have to sign, or as he is 16 years, can he delegate his father to apply for the notes. Hope this makes sense. I have read the instructions but it is not clear for 16 and 17 year olds.

bwana

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
hi everyone, I am looking for some clarification on applying for GCMS notes. My husband is a PR in Canada and our 16 year old son is in Kenya. He was part of our original application but did not travel at that time. My question is regarding the consent for the notes. It refers to children under 16 or over 18 and who needs to sign. Would his mother and father both have to sign, or as he is 16 years, can he delegate his father to apply for the notes. Hope this makes sense. I have read the instructions but it is not clear for 16 and 17 year olds.
Since your boy is 16 years old you can sign the consent forms on his behalf and submit it. One of the parent can sign the form.

irine11

May 9, 2019
Hello!
I have a question regarding the CoPR/ counterfoil expiry date.
My daughter passed her Medicals on September 12th. Imagine If we get the passport request in 3-5 weeks from now, when will be the CoPR expiry / counterfoil expiry? Normally for PR process people say it’s Medicals to Medicals! Does the same apply for sponsorship of dependent child as well?

Ssg41615

Apr 13, 2021
Hi! I am applying for my son's Family sponsorship. He is 8 months old and was born outside Canada. Both parents are PR holders and we are applying from Canada. I can't find an address to send the Family Sponsorship of Dependent Child within Canada. I could only find an address in Sydney. Not sure if applications from within Canada need to be sent to this address.

MAILING ADDRESS :
Application for spouses, common-law partners, or conjugal partners outside Canada and all dependent child sponsorships:

CPC Sydney
P.O. Box 9500
Sydney, NS
B1P 0H5

COURIER ADDRESS :
Application for spouses, common-law partners, or conjugal partners currently living outside Canada and all dependent child sponsorships:

CPC Sydney
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

Q1. Please confirm if the application for the family sponsorship of a dependent child needs to be sent to Syndey or there is some other address.
Q2. I am sending the application and other documents through Canada Post. Which address should be used for sending the application: mailing or courier?
Q3. My son was granted a TRP visa for entering Canada and was allocated a UCI number. Should I use the same in his sponsorship application?
Thank you in advance! :)

irine11

May 9, 2019
Hi! I am applying for my son's Family sponsorship. He is 8 months old and was born outside Canada. Both parents are PR holders and we are applying from Canada. I can't find an address to send the Family Sponsorship of Dependent Child within Canada. I could only find an address in Sydney. Not sure if applications from within Canada need to be sent to this address.

MAILING ADDRESS :
Application for spouses, common-law partners, or conjugal partners outside Canada and all dependent child sponsorships:

CPC Sydney
P.O. Box 9500
Sydney, NS
B1P 0H5

COURIER ADDRESS :
Application for spouses, common-law partners, or conjugal partners currently living outside Canada and all dependent child sponsorships:

CPC Sydney
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

Q1. Please confirm if the application for the family sponsorship of a dependent child needs to be sent to Syndey or there is some other address.
Q2. I am sending the application and other documents through Canada Post. Which address should be used for sending the application: mailing or courier?
Q3. My son was granted a TRP visa for entering Canada and was allocated a UCI number. Should I use the same in his sponsorship application?
Thank you in advance! :)
CPC Sydney is in Canada- Nova Scotia province

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I can't find an address to send the Family Sponsorship of Dependent Child within Canada.

Application for ... all dependent child sponsorships:
CPC Sydney
P.O. Box 9500
Sydney, NS
B1P 0H5
Perhaps my underlining has made this more clear.

Post office locations have people whom you can ask. (It depends what type of delivery you choose - but probably doesn't matter because ... the 'post office' provides the 'post office box' service as well as mail delivery. Also it's not that big a city and they have heard of IRCC. But still best to just ask at the post office.

Yes.