AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Yes I did . The letter states that my son may not be legible to come to Canada under family class. And I am given a chance to explain why I did not disclose him when I applied for PR .I sponsored him under the pilot project that says if I was a protected person before PR I am illegible to sponsor him and I got sponsorship approval in Canada . If anyone know how to respond please advise
Ok this is a complicated situation, my suggestion is to speak to an immigration lawyer ASAP . This is not something you want to tackle alone . At the very least get some legal advice on how to proceed

Kitkat2020

Feb 6, 2020
Hello, hoping I can get some clarity.
My husband was a co dependent on my express entry application. We have since gotten our permanent residency in 2020. He would now like to sponsor his son for permanent residency who is currently in Canada. I just need to know if it meant before that I had sponsored him or the fact that he was a co dependent makes a difference. I ask because there is a question that ask if he was previously sponsored and we just want to answer correctly.

bwana

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
Yes I did . The letter states that my son may not be legible to come to Canada under family class. And I am given a chance to explain why I did not disclose him when I applied for PR .I sponsored him under the pilot project that says if I was a protected person before PR I am illegible to sponsor him and I got sponsorship approval in Canada . If anyone know how to respond please advise
Don't panic send them an explanation letter saying that you didn't disclose your son maybe because you didn't know that he was born or his mum didn't want him to join you in Canada. In most of the case the ex spouse refuses to let their children immigrate with their father to Canada and therefore refused for their children to be examined.But it seems like in your case you didn't even declared your son. It seems like you made a conscious decision to exclude (either by not declaring and/or not having your son examined), then in this explain to the Officer the really reason why you didn't disclose. I hope you understand.

bwana

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
Hello, hoping I can get some clarity.
My husband was a co dependent on my express entry application. We have since gotten our permanent residency in 2020. He would now like to sponsor his son for permanent residency who is currently in Canada. I just need to know if it meant before that I had sponsored him or the fact that he was a co dependent makes a difference. I ask because there is a question that ask if he was previously sponsored and we just want to answer correctly.
If your husband son is less than 22 years and was declared and passed his medical, yes you can sponsor him.

mmannana

Star Member
Mar 16, 2021
Don't panic send them an explanation letter saying that you didn't disclose your son maybe because you didn't know that he was born or his mum didn't want him to join you in Canada. In most of the case the ex spouse refuses to let their children immigrate with their father to Canada and therefore refused for their children to be examined.But it seems like in your case you didn't even declared your son. It seems like you made a conscious decision to exclude (either by not declaring and/or not having your son examined), then in this explain to the Officer the really reason why you didn't disclose. I hope you understand.
Thanks . I drafted a letter tempted to send it but I am also tempted to contact a lawyer. Called one laywer he said $2000 and i just wonder what he is going to write that is different from what i would tell me. Never used a lawyer before

lekanhamdalat

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
Please help me with this form..
I am sponsoring my 7 year old son. Am I supposed to fill imm 5532? (sponsorship evaluation and relationship questionnaire)

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Please help me with this form..
I am sponsoring my 7 year old son. Am I supposed to fill imm 5532? (sponsorship evaluation and relationship questionnaire)
You need to use the cic website to generate the forms needed for the dependant child application . Are you only sponsoring him ? If so then use the drop downs to choose along with any country specific documents

lekanhamdalat

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
You need to use the cic website to generate the forms needed for the dependant child application . Are you only sponsoring him ? If so then use the drop downs to choose along with any country specific documents
Thank u. I did before but only came across this later

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Thank u. I did before but only came across this later
Awe good :) to be honest I don’t remember filling out a relationship questionnaire for our dependant , and we have just completed medicals

bsureshmaran

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
ok so, we are on same page then. my kid is 3.5 yrs old though.
1. Applied in last week of march 2021
2. Reached them on 31st Mar in Sydney
3. Received AOR on 21st Apr
4. Sponsorship approved on May 18
5. Medical request received on May 18
6. Medicals completed on May 25
7. Status changed to Application received on Jun 28
Status of application changed to Decision made and an email received with content " we are currently processing your application for PR. you now pre qualify to receive pre arrival services to help you prepare......."

Does it mean it is approved?

bsureshmaran

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Status of application changed to Decision made and an email received with content " we are currently processing your application for PR. you now pre qualify to receive pre arrival services to help you prepare......."

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

No. It means you qualify for pre arrival services.