+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship - 2021

Az11

Jun 6, 2021
I’ve got one question if anyone can help. I sponsored my Dependent and sent application on 15 june. But now I’ve to go back home due to some problem. Can i go there or this will cause any problem for the sponsorship approval. However, I’ll be back within a month.
Plus I’m a PR right now.

livingincanada2016

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
We linked ours using passport number , it takes a few different combinations
Thank you.

Is it mandatory to link the paper application to online account. We got our medical request and medical is scheduled on next to next week. Do we need to upload anything, like e-medical receipt or medical update happens automatically. Medical is being done in India.

livingincanada2016

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Perhaps it is not ready to be linked
Ours was only linkable after the medical for some odd reason.
Weird!
Usually its the applicant
Sponsor and co signer if applicable. Us we are 3 so 3 worked.
I can search the application via online tool, but strangely not able to link it in the portal. You mentioned that your application got linked after the medicals. Do we need to upload medical receipts or it will happen automatically?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I can search the application via online tool, but strangely not able to link it in the portal. You mentioned that your application got linked after the medicals. Do we need to upload medical receipts or it will happen automatically?
Medicals are uploaded by the clinic and later approved by ircc medical officer. You don't need to do anything.

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Ours was linked 5 business days after AOR, You have to use the PA Information to link. There is a useful thread here somewhere regarding linking the app. I cant seem to locate it right now. Try a few combinations, try using all caps as well. Takes some time but you will get it :)

Sidhant73

Apr 8, 2019
thanks.. I already had a TRV for the baby. So I should just submit a web form highlighting my new Canadian address (in Quebec) instead of my address abroad?
Can you please help me to know how you applied for trv. Like the timeline. Letter of invitation. Letter of explanation. I also want to apply trv for my new born daughter. Thanks in advance.

chinnap

Feb 19, 2018
Perhaps it is not ready to be linked
Ours was only linkable after the medical for some odd reason.
Weird!
Usually its the applicant
Sponsor and co signer if applicable. Us we are 3 so 3 worked.
I was trying with 2 till I saw this post. I added my wife as co sponsor so 3 worked

Reactions: msb

chinnap

Feb 19, 2018
I am able to link my application. Date Submitted says June29th which is today. I did not receive any AOR. Is this normal?

code_chef

Sep 3, 2018
Me and My wife both are PR and we are blessed with baby boy. We are already living in canada from last 4 years but currently we are in India as we had to travel to India for some personal emergency. My wife has delivered child in india recently and we were not able to travel back becoz flights were suspended. Can someone suggest how we can apply for the visa for newborn and travel soon?

bwana

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
Me and My wife both are PR and we are blessed with baby boy. We are already living in canada from last 4 years but currently we are in India as we had to travel to India for some personal emergency. My wife has delivered child in india recently and we were not able to travel back becoz flights were suspended. Can someone suggest how we can apply for the visa for newborn and travel soon?
You can apply online for TRV but there is no guarantee that they will granted to your child.

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016, AOR2 (RPRF req) 04/04/2017
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2016 and passed, redone 16-11-2017
Interview........
26-10-2017 and approved for PR
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
I am able to link my application. Date Submitted says June29th which is today. I did not receive any AOR. Is this normal?
Yes they do add applications online, do they have your correct email?
Contact them via your online account, by reporting an issue, that lets you msg them
And ask them why?

are you using a representative? Often, they only communicate with your rep if thats the case

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016, AOR2 (RPRF req) 04/04/2017
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2016 and passed, redone 16-11-2017
Interview........
26-10-2017 and approved for PR
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
I didn't put my spouse as co-signer, but I will try this. Does rest of the details looks good to you?

"
Category: Permanent Residence
Sub Cat: Family Class (Dependent child)

Then in additional details, I am selecting UCI and Application number. I am adding my child UCI (new number) and the application number from the email.

Under Applicants details, I am selecting Passport and providing my child passport details

Under other details, I am adding province, city and martial status = Single (child's)"

Also I have 2 kids, one is already on PR here, so Shall I try total family member as 4?
Yes maybe it is 4…

livingincanada2016

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Yes maybe it is 4…
Thanks, I tried all the combinations but it didn’t seems to be working. I called IRCC and they asked me to create an online request. So will do that.

Anyone has any idea how much time it will take to complete the whole process? Can anyone share the timeline (my kid is in India)?

Also for how many days the immigration visa is valid now a days?

Last edited:

charlestang

Jul 5, 2021
ok so, we are on same page then. my kid is 3.5 yrs old though.
1. Applied in last week of march 2021
2. Reached them on 31st Mar in Sydney
3. Received AOR on 21st Apr
4. Sponsorship approved on May 18
5. Medical request received on May 18
6. Medicals completed on May 25
7. Status changed to Application received on Jun 28
It's same here. we sent back medical exam result on July 6 and ours is a 1.8 years old. I really hope it could be quick and won't let us wait for 17 months as it said on the CIC web site.

charlestang

Jul 5, 2021
Hi Friends,

Any ideas how to connect paper application? I got the medical request today and it has my child UCI number. The email has an attached form for the medical but there is no information in the email body. I tried to link the application earlier and I was not able to connect the file, Below are the details I am adding in the form:

Category: Permanent Residence
Sub Cat: Family Class (Dependent child)

Then in additional details, I am selecting UCI and Application number. I am adding my child UCI (new number) and the application number from the email.

Under Applicants details, I am selecting Passport and providing my child passport details

Under other details, I am adding province, city and martial status = Single (child's)

Then under number of family member in the application, I was adding 1, but last time I checked with CIC they asked to add 2 (myself and my child).

I have created the GC account using a different email address, I had my old account with my email but that account is not working, so I created a new with new email address.

Thanks.
I went through almost the same journey while connecting to my paper application and from my experience it turned out that I had to create a new account with my baby's name and provide the exact info of the child while connecting and everything went well afterwards. so it might work for you if you can check if you did the same.