+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship - 2021

Anis370

Jan 7, 2021
There's no way to change the application to inland, just update address. Landing can be done in Canada.

It won't change it to an inland app but for a minor the advantage of an inland - the open work permit - is irrelevant.
So I should just submit a web form highlighting my new Canadian address (in Quebec) instead of my address abroad?

Anis370

Jan 7, 2021
Yes one can do that but put your fingers crossed to get approve for TRV, especially if you didn't declared your dependent.
thanks.. I already had a TRV for the baby. So I should just submit a web form highlighting my new Canadian address (in Quebec) instead of my address abroad?

Milkay

Jun 22, 2021
Hi everyone,

I'm about to start my PR process, but I'm a little confused about some things
Firstly, my kids are minors, do I have to apply for PR alone? If yes, do I mention I have kids during the application process?

Secondly, if I apply with them and we all get PR must I travel with them (I'm asking because it might be a bit difficult settling down),or can they arrive Canada at a later date?

Lastly, if I only get PR, how can I bring my kids to Canada

Reactions: msb

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016, AOR2 (RPRF req) 04/04/2017
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2016 and passed, redone 16-11-2017
Interview........
26-10-2017 and approved for PR
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
Hi everyone,

I'm about to start my PR process, but I'm a little confused about some things
Firstly, my kids are minors, do I have to apply for PR alone? If yes, do I mention I have kids during the application process?

Secondly, if I apply with them and we all get PR must I travel with them (I'm asking because it might be a bit difficult settling down),or can they arrive Canada at a later date?

Lastly, if I only get PR, how can I bring my kids to Canada
When you apply for PR
Everyone must be on it regardless if they come now or later
I suggest you submit their passports now when you are all approve instead of doing like us here, applying for them again later. They have until their medical expires to arrive normally. So if you get approved and medicals were sent now in june, you have til june next year. Sometimes ppl have to redo medicals just before getting their passport request for the visa. So it gives them a full year, but if u only get approved next January then you only have til june that same year to use that one entry visa for the PR.
Hope this helps!

Milkay

Jun 22, 2021
When you apply for PR
Everyone must be on it regardless if they come now or later
I suggest you submit their passports now when you are all approve instead of doing like us here, applying for them again later. They have until their medical expires to arrive normally. So if you get approved and medicals were sent now in june, you have til june next year. Sometimes ppl have to redo medicals just before getting their passport request for the visa. So it gives them a full year, but if u only get approved next January then you only have til june that same year to use that one entry visa for the PR.
Hope this helps!
Now I understand better. Thank you

Reactions: msb

livingincanada2016

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Hi Friends,

Any ideas how to connect paper application? I got the medical request today and it has my child UCI number. The email has an attached form for the medical but there is no information in the email body. I tried to link the application earlier and I was not able to connect the file, Below are the details I am adding in the form:

Category: Permanent Residence
Sub Cat: Family Class (Dependent child)

Then in additional details, I am selecting UCI and Application number. I am adding my child UCI (new number) and the application number from the email.

Under Applicants details, I am selecting Passport and providing my child passport details

Under other details, I am adding province, city and martial status = Single (child's)

Then under number of family member in the application, I was adding 1, but last time I checked with CIC they asked to add 2 (myself and my child).

I have created the GC account using a different email address, I had my old account with my email but that account is not working, so I created a new with new email address.

Thanks.

bwana

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
Hi Friends,

Any ideas how to connect paper application? I got the medical request today and it has my child UCI number. The email has an attached form for the medical but there is no information in the email body. I tried to link the application earlier and I was not able to connect the file, Below are the details I am adding in the form:

Then in additional details, I am selecting UCI and Application number. I am adding my child UCI (new number) and the application number from the email.

Under Applicants details, I am selecting Passport and providing my child passport details

Under other details, I am adding province, city and martial status = Single (child's)

Then under number of family member in the application, I was adding 1, but last time I checked with CIC they asked to add 2 (myself and my child).

I have created the GC account using a different email address, I had my old account with my email but that account is not working, so I created a new with new email address.

Thanks.
I ran through the same problem but in the end i realised that my wife was a co-signer so the number of family member in the application was 3. Just in case if your husband is a co-signer put 3 instead of 2

livingincanada2016

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
I ran through the same problem but in the end i realised that my wife was a co-signer so the number of family member in the application was 3. Just in case if your husband is a co-signer put 3 instead of 2
I didn't put my spouse as co-signer, but I will try this. Does rest of the details looks good to you?

"

Under other details, I am adding province, city and martial status = Single (child's)"

Also I have 2 kids, one is already on PR here, so Shall I try total family member as 4?

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016, AOR2 (RPRF req) 04/04/2017
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2016 and passed, redone 16-11-2017
Interview........
26-10-2017 and approved for PR
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
Hi Friends,

Thanks.
Perhaps it is not ready to be linked
Ours was only linkable after the medical for some odd reason.
Weird!
Usually its the applicant
Sponsor and co signer if applicable. Us we are 3 so 3 worked.

Reactions: chinnap

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Perhaps it is not ready to be linked
Ours was only linkable after the medical for some odd reason.
Weird!
Usually its the applicant
Sponsor and co signer if applicable. Us we are 3 so 3 worked.
We linked ours using passport number , it takes a few different combinations

bsureshmaran

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Application status is changed from "in progress" to "Application received"
what does it mean? Also any idea what is the ETA after this step?

Note that, Sponsor was approved already and Medicals completed too

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Application status is changed from "in progress" to "Application received"
what does it mean? Also any idea what is the ETA after this step?

Note that, Sponsor was approved already and Medicals completed too
It means that the application has been received by the processing office

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Thank you. Any ETA approximately after this?
Your guess is as good as mine. We applied may 20, 2021, AOR May 27, SA and Medical June 10,2021. June 23, 2021 medical passed. Ecas stated application received today meaning processing office has received so who knows from here. our dependant is only 9 years old so background and criminal are not required...... I hope its fast.
From my understanding they look to process kids quickly within 6 months but all depends on them from here on in

Reactions: charlestang

bsureshmaran

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Your guess is as good as mine. We applied may 20, 2021, AOR May 27, SA and Medical June 10,2021. June 23, 2021 medical passed. Ecas stated application received today meaning processing office has received so who knows from here. our dependant is only 9 years old so background and criminal are not required...... I hope its fast.
From my understanding they look to process kids quickly within 6 months but all depends on them from here on in
ok so, we are on same page then. my kid is 3.5 yrs old though.
1. Applied in last week of march 2021
2. Reached them on 31st Mar in Sydney
3. Received AOR on 21st Apr
4. Sponsorship approved on May 18
5. Medical request received on May 18
6. Medicals completed on May 25
7. Status changed to Application received on Jun 28