+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship - 2021

Feb 13, 2022
hi,
as i am living in quebec and i have seen in on website
If you live in Quebec
You must meet Quebec’s immigration sponsorship requirements after we approve you as a sponsor. You must sign an undertaking with the province of Quebec.

The Quebec ministry in charge of immigration will assess your income.

according to this do i need to do first application for sponsor with IRCC then sign an undertaking
whereas in IRCC appliaction potal ask for IMM1344 forms and 5534 and IN form IMM0008 ask if my child have CSQ applied
this is confusing someone please explain?
thanks

shri.ca

Sep 14, 2020
*Dependent Child Sponsorship*
Type of application: Online
Inland/Outland: Inland
App Date: Aug 15 2022
Returned due to missing signatures and other error - Nov 02 2022
Resubmitted with correction - Nov 02 2022
AOR : Jan 12 2023
Sponsor eligibility decision: Jan 23 2023
Medical Request - Jan 23 2023
Medical submitted - Feb 08 2023
Medical passed - Feb 11, 2023
Pre arrival message : May 19 2023
PR Portal email asking for information: May 19 2023
PR Portal email recceived for case created for PR confirmation : May 21 2023
PR Portal declare my presence in Canada, updated the address and uploaded a picture on the portal: May 22 2023
eCOPR available for download : May 29 2023

NB : eCOPR was issued when were are outside of Canada.

psk_27

Aug 13, 2018
Hi everyone!

I have applied for my 2 year old daughter's PR application via Dependent child sponsorship on 16 May 2023. My husband is in Canada while I am in India with our daughter. Before applying for PR, her TRV was rejected due to significant family ties.
I have two questions:
1. How long is the average application time as per members' experience? IRCC tools says 22-24 months but online I have been seeing around 6-10 months.

2. Is there a chance of TRV getting accepted if I apply now. I read about so many people getting TRV and so many people getting it rejected. Is there any way I can improve the chances of getting accepted.

Thanks for your time

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone!

I have applied for my 2 year old daughter's PR application via Dependent child sponsorship on 16 May 2023. My husband is in Canada while I am in India with our daughter. Before applying for PR, her TRV was rejected due to significant family ties.
I have two questions:
1. How long is the average application time as per members' experience? IRCC tools says 22-24 months but online I have been seeing around 6-10 months.

2. Is there a chance of TRV getting accepted if I apply now. I read about so many people getting TRV and so many people getting it rejected. Is there any way I can improve the chances of getting accepted.

Thanks for your time
You can apply for a TRP for her .

LuckyS

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
*Dependent Child Sponsorship*
Type of application: Online
Inland/Outland: Inland
App Date: Aug 15 2022
Returned due to missing signatures and other error - Nov 02 2022
Resubmitted with correction - Nov 02 2022
AOR : Jan 12 2023
Sponsor eligibility decision: Jan 23 2023
Medical Request - Jan 23 2023
Medical submitted - Feb 08 2023
Medical passed - Feb 11, 2023
Pre arrival message : May 19 2023
PR Portal email asking for information: May 19 2023
PR Portal email recceived for case created for PR confirmation : May 21 2023
PR Portal declare my presence in Canada, updated the address and uploaded a picture on the portal: May 22 2023
eCOPR available for download : May 29 2023

NB : eCOPR was issued when were are outside of Canada.
Hey,

How did they declare ur presence in Canada? DO we need to submit anything for that?

Jun 19, 2023
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Dar es Salaam
AOR Received.
28-01-2021
Med's Request
30-03-2022
Med's Done....
16-04-2022
Anyone that applied in 2021 for dependents that is still waiting?

alinazarid

Jun 20, 2023
I am a permanent resident outside of Canada currently. I have an infant that was not declared as the time of PR processing. I understand I have to sponsor her but how when I am outside of Canada?
I cannot leave her and go to Canda. I am the only person she has and I am breast feeding.
I would be happy to contact a lawyer if I knew they can help.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I am a permanent resident outside of Canada currently. I have an infant that was not declared as the time of PR processing. I understand I have to sponsor her but how when I am outside of Canada?
I cannot leave her and go to Canda. I am the only person she has and I am breast feeding.
I would be happy to contact a lawyer if I knew they can help.
What do you mean by not declared as teh time of PR processing? Did you landed before or after you gave birth to this child?

You can apply for TRV and if approved, travel back to Canada with the child, then apply to sponsor him. This is if you have became PR before the child was born.

h.mht.1991

Jun 25, 2023
What is the exact definition of a dependent child who is eligible to be sponsored? The definition of immigration site for children over 22 is not clear.
I worked for a few years after 22, but always supported by family for housing. I’ve been unable to work for some time due to mental condition and mom supports me. Am I eligible to be sponsored by her? (Mother & two brothers are in Canada & father is deceased.)

Thanks in advance

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
What is the exact definition of a dependent child who is eligible to be sponsored? The definition of immigration site for children over 22 is not clear.
I worked for a few years after 22, but always supported by family for housing. I’ve been unable to work for some time due to mental condition and mom supports me. Am I eligible to be sponsored by her? (Mother & two brothers are in Canada & father is deceased.)

Thanks in advance
Did they declared you as their dependent when they applied for their PR?? Were you included and did medical exams. If you are their dependent back then, did your medical/mental condition exceed the requirement of excessive cost.

The definition of dependent is NOT about her financially depending on your mom. If you are an adult (sound like you were way over 22) and had been able to work and self care (wash yourself, feed yourself...etc), then you are NOT a dependent.

Reactions: h.mht.1991

h.mht.1991

Jun 25, 2023
Did they declared you as their dependent when they applied for their PR?? Were you included and did medical exams. If you are their dependent back then, did your medical/mental condition exceed the requirement of excessive cost.

The definition of dependent is NOT about her financially depending on your mom. If you are an adult (sound like you were way over 22) and had been able to work and self care (wash yourself, feed yourself...etc), then you are NOT a dependent.
I think I declared for the dependent child, but I did not do the test. I don't have much medical expenses, but I get support for housing.
Thanks

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I think I declared for the dependent child, but I did not do the test. I don't have much medical expenses, but I get support for housing.
Thanks
You are not part of the family unit for their PR if you didn't have the medical exam (and pass it).
Being unable to earn a living doesn't make you their dependent. They can still financially support you overseas if they choose to. Again, you are too old to be sponsored as a dependent.