+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship - 2021

Arsalanza

Star Member
Apr 4, 2017
Hello,

I, my wife and daughter are PR holders in Canada. we have our Son living with us on visit visa. I applied for his Permanent Residence online using the Permanent residence portal on 26 dec 2021. Up till now the status is still "SUBMITTED".

kindly if someone can confirm if this is the right way to apply for Permanent residence of dependent child using this portal.

https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/application/view-applications

many thanks,
hello umar can you please help me , me and my wife are pr holders and now want to take our daughter who was born in home country pakistan , how can we apply for her visit visa plz help me

cmcalister

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
Oh wow. Thanks for letting me know.
How long ago did u do DNA ?
My son passed is medical on March 12, 2022. Now I’m just waiting to see what’s next.
DNA was completed in Nairobi on February 28th and sent to Toronto about March 16th. Final result was forwarded to us and Nairobi on March 21st. Since then we have heard nothing.

Omar567

Sep 20, 2021
hello umar can you please help me , me and my wife are pr holders and now want to take our daughter who was born in home country pakistan , how can we apply for her visit visa plz help me
Hello Arsalan,

we were living in Saudi Arabia. I, my wife and daughter had PR. I applied for my newborn son Visit visa from Saudi Arabia in May 2021 but there was no response on it. Then I moved to Canada and applied for his Visit visa again in Sept 2021. got his visa after one month.

I applied online both times.

hope this helps

Ashsan

Jun 22, 2019
Hey we received PPR for TRV on 22 Feb, passports are already stamped.
For PR application eligibility completed on 11 march along with invitation to pre arrival services but background check not started. As far as I know there is nothing to do in background check for infants now toddlers.
Now waiting for PPR , don't know how much time more it will take , flights already booked for May 1st week
Hey did you get PPR ?

cmcalister

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
Hello, We received pre arrival letter today so hopefully not much longer.
Application received May 19th
AOR - 24 May 2021
Sponsorship eligibility completed-June 7th
Medical request- October 2021
Medical completed- October 2021
DNA request Feb 2022
DNA completed March 1
Prearrival letter April 13th

Has anyone else had issues with GCKEY, most of the time I get error403

Wishing everyone a wonderful day and good news ahead.

Reactions: laport2018

Ashsan

Jun 22, 2019
Hello, We received pre arrival letter today so hopefully not much longer.
Application received May 19th
AOR - 24 May 2021
Sponsorship eligibility completed-June 7th
- October 2021
Medical completed- October 2021
DNA request Feb 2022
DNA completed March 1
Prearrival letter April 13th

Has anyone else had issues with GCKEY, most of the time I get error403

Wishing everyone a wonderful day and good news ahead.
we also received pre arrival letter on 8th of April 2022.
Here is the time line
Application submitted October 6th 2021
AOR - January 2021
Sponsorship eligibility completed- January 2021
Medical request - January 30th
Medical completed- February 10th
Eligibility started- February 23rd
Eligibility completed- April 8th
Pre arrival service invitation- April 8th

CoPR number updated on portal
Waiting for the email

Last edited:
Reactions: cmcalister

BigLeap

May 27, 2015
Pune;
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw;
NOC Code......
2133;
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2014;
AOR Received.
10-11-2014; (FLU)
IELTS Request
06-02-2015; (PER)
File Transfer...
22-04-2015; (SLU)
Med's Request
09-05-2015;
Med's Done....
15-05-2015;
Interview........
23-05-2015; (TLU)
Passport Req..
04-08-2015; (DM) 12-08-2015; (PPR)
VISA ISSUED...
PASSPORTS SENT TO NEW DELHI 13-08-2015
LANDED..........
PLANNING TO LAND ONLY WITH JOB OFFER
Hi All - My wife and I got our PRs in Dec 2020 and did a soft landing. We could not move permanently to Canada due to the pandemic. Our son was born after we got our PRs. I recently came to Canada in Feb while my wife and son are currently in India. I want to sponsor my son's PR but since it takes a lot of time, I'm thinking of applying for a visit visa for him so that my wife and son can join me at the earliest. I have a few questions in this regard and would be extremely helpful if any of you can clarify this -
  • Can I apply for my son's visit visa first and then apply for sponsorship after my son comes to Canada?
  • Does the person being sponsored (my son) need to be outside Canada while the sponsorship application is in progress?
  • Does applying for a visit visa before beginning the sponsorship process reduce the chances of visit visa getting approved?
Any inputs on these would be extremely helpful, thanks!

1. Yes, you can. But I suggest otherwise. Apply for both simultaneously. Do not wait to apply.
2. Not necessary, If a TRV is approved, then he can travel to Canada
3. As said in 1, doesn't matter. apply for both on the same day or within a day or two. two separate applications. Make good documentation for TRV. Convince and declare to officer that son will leave Canada after visa period. mention dual intent (that you are sponsoring him for PR as well) Consult multiple people who did go through this and do it once do it right.

maheshmit

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
1. Yes, you can. But I suggest otherwise. Apply for both simultaneously. Do not wait to apply.
2. Not necessary, If a TRV is approved, then he can travel to Canada
3. As said in 1, doesn't matter. apply for both on the same day or within a day or two. two separate applications. Make good documentation for TRV. Convince and declare to officer that son will leave Canada after visa period. mention dual intent (that you are sponsoring him for PR as well) Consult multiple people who did go through this and do it once do it right.
Thank you very much!

Balasubramani28

Jun 15, 2017
Father in canada - Applied Sponsorship for dependant child in India. Current Status - Review of eligibility after medical passed.
When i checked the status of application through Client Application link, i found Applicant(MyChild) address is same as my canada Address.

Earlier applicant address was showing as "not specified" , now got changed to my Canada address.
I recently changed my canada address though webform and Change of address portal.

As the applicant is presently in India, it should be India Address as specified in the application. I am not able to correct this online, because only Canada address can be updated online.
Will this issue delay the application ? I am worried. can some one help me .

I didnt get the Passport request even though medical completed 40days before.

Last edited:

Balasubramani28

Jun 15, 2017
My daughters PR applications
AOR 27 May
Medical 17 Sep
Eligibility started on 22 Feb
TRV approved.
Please keep us updated when u receive PPR.
My daughter's application : Sponsorship application for depandant child outside canada
Paper application received by CIC : 25thOCT 2021
AOR: 21st JAN 2022
Sponsor Approval: 15th FEB 2022
Medical Passed :5th MAR 2022
Current Status: review of eligilbility

what is TRV ? , in your case.
How long will it take to get passport request, ?

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
My daughter's application : Sponsorship application for depandant child outside canada
Paper application received by CIC : 25thOCT 2021
AOR: 21st JAN 2022
Sponsor Approval: 15th FEB 2022
Medical Passed :5th MAR 2022
Current Status: review of eligilbility

what is TRV ? , in your case.
How long will it take to get passport request, ?
TRV is temporary resident visa.

Things slow down quite a bit after medical request, because that's when real work on the file begins. I've been waiting since last August for review of eligibility.
So you may be a good half a year before passport request (give or take a month).

Balasubramani28

Jun 15, 2017
TRV is temporary resident visa.

Things slow down quite a bit after medical request, because that's when real work on the file begins. I've been waiting since last August for review of eligibility.
So you may be a good half a year before passport request (give or take a month).
Will they give TRV stamped on the Passport eventhough its PR application ?

Rana.adeel33

Aug 6, 2017
Hi I create a web form 3 month ago to add my new born baby in my spousal application but I didn’t received any confirmation letter that my child is added to spousal application. What I need to do to get confirmation?