+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship - 2021

shri.ca

Sep 14, 2020
Hi,

I was very much in similar situation as you. Even though your wife is not supporting financially, you should list her as co-sponsor. There is no harm in listing her as co-sponsor. I did the same thing.
If she is not listed as co-sponsor, you will have to submit additional forms and also submit Letter of Explanation for not making her co-sponsor. Having an earning / financial income is not pre-requisite for being a co-sponsor. It is needed primarily for Sponsor.

Also, I am not sure, whether you will need
"Declaration from Non-Accompanying Parent/Guardian for Minors Immigrating to Canada (IMM 5604)" as your wife and child are already living with you in Canada.

davn15

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Hi,

I was very much in similar situation as you. Even though your wife is not supporting financially, you should list her as co-sponsor. There is no harm in listing her as co-sponsor. I did the same thing.
If she is not listed as co-sponsor, you will have to submit additional forms and also submit Letter of Explanation for not making her co-sponsor. Having an earning / financial income is not pre-requisite for being a co-sponsor. It is needed primarily for Sponsor.

Also, I am not sure, whether you will need
"Declaration from Non-Accompanying Parent/Guardian for Minors Immigrating to Canada (IMM 5604)" as your wife and child are already living with you in Canada.
Thank you. another question. In the last section in the checklist "ADDITIONAL PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP TO SPONSOR" it asks to submit at least one item from the list below as additional proof of relationship to your sponsor:
• An official document (other than your birth certificate/baptismal certificate) showing that your sponsor is your parent.
• Evidence of financial support from your sponsor.
• School document(s) listing your sponsor as your parent.
• Photographs with your sponsor at different moments of your life (maximum of 10).
• Letters, printed text messages, e-mails, or social media conversations between you and your sponsor.
• Proof of your sponsor's visits, such as airline ticket coupons or used boarding passes.
• Other document that can show proof of relationship.

Most of these are not applicable as my child is 2 year old except the Photographs with child.
What docs did you submit for this?

Thanks.
Davn

shri.ca

Sep 14, 2020
Thank you. another question. In the last section in the checklist "ADDITIONAL PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP TO SPONSOR" it asks to submit at least one item from the list below as additional proof of relationship to your sponsor:
• An official document (other than your birth certificate/baptismal certificate) showing that your sponsor is your parent.
• Evidence of financial support from your sponsor.
• School document(s) listing your sponsor as your parent.
• Photographs with your sponsor at different moments of your life (maximum of 10).
• Letters, printed text messages, e-mails, or social media conversations between you and your sponsor.
• Proof of your sponsor's visits, such as airline ticket coupons or used boarding passes.
• Other document that can show proof of relationship.

Most of these are not applicable as my child is 2 year old except the Photographs with child.
What docs did you submit for this?

Thanks.
Davn

I submitted few photographs taken at different times. My kid had insurance through me, so I shared insurance documents highlighting the kid as dependent.

Jomole

Nov 10, 2022
Hi all
Please i need your help
i have an ongoing pnp application….i successfully added my husband to my application because we go married after i submitted ITA and our application was approved but i gave birth to our baby shortly before it was approved, so we’re in the process of adding our baby.
Problem now is we just found out my husband has an illegitimate child from 10yrs ago. The mother just contacted my husband to tell him about this child.
1.) Can we still add this child to our application now and what impact does it have on our application
2.)Can we sponsor the child later even if we don’t declared her
3) what would be the best course of action

davn15

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
I submitted few photographs taken at different times. My kid had insurance through me, so I shared insurance documents highlighting the kid as dependent.
Can't find any answer related to this. Can you confirm what you put in the checkbox?
"Declaration from Non-Accompanying Parent/Guardian for Minors Immigrating to Canada (IMM 5604)"

It's Point 6 in part A of the document checklist. It's not applicable to me so should I just write N/A in the checkbox and skip the questions that are underneath it? I am confused if I need to answer the questions underneath this section.

Thanks.

shri.ca

Sep 14, 2020
Can't find any answer related to this. Can you confirm what you put in the checkbox?
"Declaration from Non-Accompanying Parent/Guardian for Minors Immigrating to Canada (IMM 5604)"

It's Point 6 in part A of the document checklist. It's not applicable to me so should I just write N/A in the checkbox and skip the questions that are underneath it? I am confused if I need to answer the questions underneath this section.

Thanks.
I marked # 6 as N/A and skipped the section boxes.

arkhan433

Feb 8, 2017
Hello All,
I had applied for my minor child's PR. The application was submitted via the new online portal on the 19th of April 2022 via the new portal. So far I haven't heard anything back from IRCC and also the "View" button is disabled. The child is in Canada on a visitor visa.
How long is IRCC taking to send the AOR these days?
Is anyone else here with a similar timeline? Please share yours to keep each other updated.
I have a couple of updates to share with you guys,
The application was returned on 22nd Jul due to the signature issue (I believe most of us have the same issue)
Filed the application again on the same day
Sponsorship confirmation received on 8th Nov
Medical exam requested on 8th Nov
The medical exam was done and updated on 17th Nov

Let's see what's next

Reactions: sh789

Manojgdv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
@strongbull1 @arkhan433 @Noor Hafeez or anyone in this group.

Can someone help with the difference between PR portal and tracker.And, also what would be the login credentials for PR tracker?will ircc send out those?

I submitted my child's application in March under dependent child category and I got an email stating PR is approved and asked for some details and also which stated I would be receiving temporary login credentials for PR portal. But, I haven't received any update after sending the requested details and its been close to 4months without any update.Can someone help here on how to proceed further or if I am doing something wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: davn15

Knls333

Dec 27, 2018
The application was returned on 22nd Jul due to the signature issue (I believe most of us have the same issue)

Let's see what's next
Hi - Any update after medicals?

sh789

May 30, 2014

Let's see what's next
Same here... Did you get any updates post that ?

davn15

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Is there a way to track the application before getting the AoR? Or can it be tracked only after AoR?
Thanks.

arkhan433

Feb 8, 2017

Let's see what's next
Hello all,
Got an update today on the application,
"Eligibility status has been updated to In progress" status updated on 6th Feb
Has anyone in this group completed the eligibility? If so, how long did it take?