+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent child sponsorship 2020 due to COVID

VARUN_HII

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
We are stuck in India and my wife is 7 months pregnant... waiting flights to open soon

anyone else facing similar situation?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We are stuck in India and my wife is 7 months pregnant... waiting flights to open soon

There is a good chance that you may have to remain in India. Unless your wife can leave by 35/36 weeks depending on the airline. I doesn’t look like a India has the covid situation under control so there is more likelihood that getting out of India will be harder than getting into Canada. Had you been living in Canada?

SHA828

Dec 20, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018

Hello Varun,

I am somewhat in a situation like mentioned here...

Me, Wife and Elder daughter have PR.. We did soft landing last year and got PR cards and all are back in India.. My wife gave birth in India and our second child need to get sponsored. Due to travel restrictions we are stuck here and the PR timelines are unpredictable. Here are my assumptions

1. I am planning to travel alone in Feb 2021 and try to submit my application straight from Toronto.
a. Should I show some funds for this?
b. The timeline says 12 months
c. Can I apply for Visit Visa for Child and let her come with my wife?

2. Is there any option to apply from India?

Please advise me on how I should approach?/

Thanks in advance

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
1. I am planning to travel alone in Feb 2021 and try to submit my application straight from Toronto.
a. Should I show some funds for this?
b. The timeline says 12 months
c. Can I apply for Visit Visa for Child and let her come with my wife?

2. Is there any option to apply from India?
You can apply for a TRV for the child right away; not 100% that you will get however. You can submit the PR application for the child once you are back in Canada, not from abroad.

If you're refused for the TRV for the child, you can apply again and possibly for TRP. Keep in mind won't be eligible for health care immediately - get insurance. (I believe this will apply to all of you)

SHA828

Dec 20, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
You can apply for a TRV for the child right away; not 100% that you will get however. You can submit the PR application for the child once you are back in Canada, not from abroad.

If you're refused for the TRV for the child, you can apply again and possibly for TRP. Keep in mind won't be eligible for health care immediately - get insurance. (I believe this will apply to all of you)
Thank you for the info.

Do I need to show funds for TRV or TRP?