+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependant child sponsorship

MOMoftwo25

Feb 5, 2018
If you failed to declare your child and have her medically examined, it doesn't matter if you hire a lawyer or not. Your app will still be refused.
I found 2 print out of my Generic application and found the generic IMM 0008 part. I listed her as my non accompanying dependant and my youngest at accompanying dependant child. And I saw the part you told me when the additional family part. I did include her there too.

MOMoftwo25

Feb 5, 2018
Again, "writing her name down" means NOTHING. You need to make sure her name and ALL her relevant information was put under the Dependent section of the Generic Application (IMM0008) form I linked to above, NOT just in the Additional Family Info form.

I don't understand how you can't know if she did a medical exam or not, it's something you would have needed to provide info to the doctor on, paid a fee for, and gotten a receipt for. You would have been in the same room with her getting the exam.
So if she is wrtten there how come they didn't inform me about her medical.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
So if she is wrtten there how come they didn't inform me about her medical.
Who knows, it could be an error on their part or they decided the medical wasn't needed for your non-accompanying child. As long as she was declared in IMM0008 form, and they did not request a medical exam at any time during the process, then you should be able to sponsor her now with no issue.

See here from link I provided above.
Where, however, the applicant has declared the person and CIC chooses not to examine the family member, for example, because of an administrative decision or for policy reasons, or due to an administrative error, the family member is not excluded from membership in the family class. However, a sponsor cannot sponsor a family member if an officer determined at the time the sponsor previously submitted their application for permanent residence:
1. that the sponsor was informed that the family member could be examined and that the sponsor was able to make the family member available for examination, but did not do so, or
2. that the family member did not appear for examination when he was able to do so

MOMoftwo25

Feb 5, 2018
Im thinking it could be their end. It was a mistake. I hope so.
I am very confident that I included her. Because I am aware it I don' include her nape on my permanent resident application I won' be able to get her later on. It could be I misunderstood the instructions on the medical form and did not included her when I did the exam. But I know in my heart I wrote her name down.

My plan now is I will try to apply to sponsor her. If worst case scenario if they did she didnt do her medical she cant ve sponsored. You said i can make an appeal? How and what are the steps. Thank you so much for helping me solve some puzzle piece to my problem. I had a dream about my daughter last night that's why I can' sleep last night trying to research then I came across this forum which I really glad I found.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Im thinking it could be their end. It was a mistake. I hope so.
I am very confident that I included her. Because I am aware it I don' include her nape on my permanent resident application I won' be able to get her later on. It could be I misunderstood the instructions on the medical form and did not included her when I did the exam. But I know in my heart I wrote her name down.

My plan now is I will try to apply to sponsor her. If worst case scenario if they did she didnt do her medical she cant ve sponsored. You said i can make an appeal? How and what are the steps. Thank you so much for helping me solve some puzzle piece to my problem. I had a dream about my daughter last night that's why I can' sleep last night trying to research then I came across this forum which I really glad I found.
Do you not have your COPR document you used for PR landing, that you could check the list of your dependents?

If your medical request did also say to get her examined, that could pose a problem. Although in this case when they only received your medical, they should have submitted a follow up request to do her medical again. If you never got this, then there's a chance they for some reason never asked for her medical or thought it wasn't needed.

Anyways when you apply for her PR and if they think you didn't declare her, then they will issue you a procedural fairness letter to ask if you have proof otherwise. You can then show them your original IMM0008 form with her info filled in, and explain you never got a medical request for her at any time in the process. Hiring a lawyer for the procedural fairness step would be recommended.

If they for whatever reason don't accept that reason and feel they did in fact give a medical request but you ignored it, they would then reject the app. After it's rejected, you'll have the option to appeal the decision. At this point your lawyer would guide you on how to appeal and what the next steps are.