+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Denied boarding

EEdreamer

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
But even you are vaccinated it is not guaranteed that you will be exempted for the quarantine. And still need to plan the 14days quarantine even before arriving, so the hotel booking is still mandatory it seems.

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
But even you are vaccinated it is not guaranteed that you will be exempted for the quarantine. And still need to plan the 14days quarantine even before arriving, so the hotel booking is still mandatory it seems.
Not according to a CBSA agent, only need to book for 2-3 days whilst waiting for the covid test result

Tete

Jun 26, 2017
Egypt
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
23-06-2020
Passport Req..
20-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2020
Till now I have no idea who they really are but that’s what the airport officer called them
My best guess would be that the "discretionary group" is the "first phase" decision maker in approving/disapproving a traveler's entry where they do some basic checking, like whether you have a valid visa or not, etc.. and it's either affiliated with the CBSA or the IRCC. The second phase is at the Canadian PoE, which is an airport in your case, and it is where they check you in more detail.

Reactions: rogerdude1

Jeff5gold

Jun 28, 2021
My best guess would be that the "discretionary group" is the "first phase" decision maker in approving/disapproving a traveler's entry where they do some basic checking, like whether you have a valid visa or not, etc.. and it's either affiliated with the CBSA or the IRCC. The second phase is at the Canadian PoE, which is an airport in your case, and it is where they check you in more detail.
Please, who are the discretionary group ???

Jul 1, 2021
Hello everyone I have a similar question here.

My situation is like this:
I will travel to Canada from Hong Kong at the start of August and my class will be started at the end of September. I am also vaccinated.
I am worried about being denied boarding because of the 4 weeks limit thing.
It will be better for me to play safe and reschedule my flight but I prefer not to do so in order to travel with my friend.

I am wondering if I need to change my traveling date and any official source for the 4 weeks limit? Thank you guys.

Jeff5gold

Jun 28, 2021

I will travel to Canada from Hong Kong at the start of August and my class will be started at the end of September. I am also vaccinated.
It will be better for me to play safe and reschedule my flight but I prefer not to do so in order to travel with my friend.

I am wondering if I need to change my traveling date and any official source for the 4 weeks limit? Thank you guys.
well, I really don’t think you should be scared, d traveller who was denied Boarding wasn’t having his enrolment letter For the fall section. And also, there wasn’t an approval from his school upon his arrival. I think these are the reasons he was denied boarding, even considering the fact that he has been attending online classes. I have a friend who traveled to Canada 2 weeks ago, he started his online class around January....luckily, he provided his enrolment letter for fall 2021. The airlines don’t joke with enrolment letter in Nigeria, I don’t know about other countries.

Jul 1, 2021
well, I really don’t think you should be scared, d traveller who was denied Boarding wasn’t having his enrolment letter For the fall section. And also, there wasn’t an approval from his school upon his arrival. I think these are the reasons he was denied boarding, even considering the fact that he has been attending online classes. I have a friend who traveled to Canada 2 weeks ago, he started his online class around January....luckily, he provided his enrolment letter for fall 2021. The airlines don’t joke with enrolment letter in Nigeria, I don’t know about other countries.
Thx for your reply. I will look for more opinions in this case.

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012

they will let you board. it is CBSA might question you why you it early then say you wanted to quarantine, then from September 1st you will be looking for a new place and also wanted to attend orientation at your school. that's it. CBSA won't make big deal

Leng_07

Jun 15, 2021
Based on my research from all sources online, it looks only airlines not allowing new student to board the plane. Once you manage to get onto the plane and arrive in Canada, the border officer would generally let you in.

Prateek007

Oct 14, 2019
Very weird scenario happened with me today. I was at the check-in counter with my wife and 2 year old kid. And they told me that visa is invalid for my wife and my daughter and is valid for me. Even though visa is stamped on three of us on passport and is valid until June:22. I am not sure what to do next. Please guide/help.

Never heard this scenario

Myahudi Jr II

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Very weird scenario happened with me today. I was at the check-in counter with my wife and 2 year old kid. And they told me that visa is invalid for my wife and my daughter and is valid for me. Even though visa is stamped on three of us on passport and is valid until June:22. I am not sure what to do next. Please guide/help.

Never heard this scenario
Did you check the counterfoil of your wife/kid if is valid or not?