+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in Study permit processing

Johnibrahim16

Jan 24, 2024
I'm frustrated and confused! , can someone help me? I applied for study permit in October 2023, still no response from them yet requesting for medical examination .My program supposed to start in November but due to study permit delayance, I deferred it 22 January, now I have to defer it again! Since I haven't heard from IRCC. My school is a private college : that is Canadian college of Technology and Business, with this new restrictions will I be affected? I'm contemplating on applying for PGWP School, or I should wait for the decision from IRCC before making any move?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm frustrated and confused! , can someone help me? I applied for study permit in October 2023, still no response from them yet requesting for medical examination .My program supposed to start in November but due to study permit delayance, I deferred it 22 January, now I have to defer it again! Since I haven't heard from IRCC. My school is a private college : that is Canadian college of Technology and Business, with this new restrictions will I be affected? I'm contemplating on applying for PGWP School, or I should wait for the decision from IRCC before making any move?
Would take it as a blessing in disguise. I would never attend a private college. Poor qualify of education and lack of access to PGWP. I would suggest applying to a public college or university.

franalmeida900

Star Member
Mar 16, 2023
It might be possible to change your DLI once you’re in Canada if you’re transferring to another institution but it might be better for you to consider where you’ll be applying to now (and get a proper PGWP institution) because we don’t know if the new regulations have the potential to affect your study permit processing times now. They said they’re coming into effect later but you never know… Good luck!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
A large percentage of study permits take 3-4 months to process but can take much longer. The new announcement and wait for clarification on how cap applied (learned in February that cap would only apply for new applications past Feb 22nd) is likely adding to processing times for some and faster processing for other especially for many masters and PhD students.