+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in medical & work permit

SURVIVAL

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
Hello seniors,

I have done my medical after submitted my refugee claim and also applied online work permit which is still under process. But I was informed to carry out further medical tests and doctor said the new test results might take further 2 months.

My question is that whether doest it affects my work permit processing time? since my medical results now takes time.

Bakhadur

Jul 24, 2017
Hi Survival,
Not sure that medical test has any direct link to the work permit. I received mine exactly by mentioned timeline (100 days for an application sent by regular post). Just make sure that you've applied properly with all necessary docs attached.

Reactions: SURVIVAL

SURVIVAL

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
Unless they suspect a communicable disease like TB, hepatitis, etc it shouldn't delay work permit.
Yes they suspected TB and requested further tests which is Sputum test and it takes 2 months to generate the lab results for diagnosing.

I am bit worried if results are positive then what will be position with my refugee claim.

SURVIVAL

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
Just to update. Today, I have received refusal letter for my workpermit as refugee claimant. Reason was medical results not completed.

vasuv001

Apr 17, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Hi fourm members,

I have applied for work permit in aug and by end of october i submitted medicals b4 it was officially request.

But my oficial meda request in nov 2017, but submitted the e medicals form stating have compelted medicals but since from nov after submission havent got any reply from ircc.

Pls any suggetion wat cause delay

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Hello seniors,

I have done my medical after submitted my refugee claim and also applied online work permit which is still under process. But I was informed to carry out further medical tests and doctor said the new test results might take further 2 months.

My question is that whether doest it affects my work permit processing time? since my medical results now takes time.

you will not get your work permit un till your medical will be cleared .

Reactions: gavendano

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Hi fourm members,

I have applied for work permit in aug and by end of october i submitted medicals b4 it was officially request.

But my oficial meda request in nov 2017, but submitted the e medicals form stating have compelted medicals but since from nov after submission havent got any reply from ircc.

Pls any suggetion wat cause delay

if you apply online and your medical result received by cic. you will get your work permit in 3 weeks mex.

i applied on 27 of nov and got answer today that they issued my work permit and i will get in post in couple of day.

Good Luck !

vasuv001

Apr 17, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
if you apply online and your medical result received by cic. you will get your work permit in 3 weeks mex.

i applied on 27 of nov and got answer today that they issued my work permit and i will get in post in couple of day.

Good Luck !
My lawyer said he submitted online on november 20,

If so my time is completed one month til yesterday

Isnit normal thatbitvtakes 4 wek to review medicals.

S

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
My lawyer said he submitted online on november 20,

If so my time is completed one month til yesterday

Isnit normal thatbitvtakes 4 wek to review medicals.

S
CIC received my Medical on 27 NOV. so after 3 weeks i got my answer. now in your situation first check with your medical center when they send your medical report. then count 4 weeks mex if all your docs are ok.