+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in getting SIN

suchakrajan

Apr 12, 2020
Did you get the new SIN? I have applied the new SIN since Mar 16 but it's pending, and not sure the reason and they just told me today that I need to call back in 10 business days if I still don't receive it. How about your timeline? Thanks.
I received in January. Call th to get the status.

Gulfstream

Nov 24, 2020
Did you get the new SIN? I have applied the new SIN since Mar 16 but it's pending, and not sure the reason and they just told me today that I need to call back in 10 business days if I still don't receive it. How about your timeline? Thanks.
Hello,
You should go to Service Canada and apply physically in their office.
The first they should cancel online form and then apply again.
Good luck

Newbie145

Apr 26, 2021
Hello, i have applied for SIN in march, went in person to service canada however they are unable to issue my SIN and said that there is something wrong and need some details from immigration and marked my request as urgent. Even after one month they are telling the same thing stating that an agent is working on your request meanwhile i called immigration and checked with them but they said all looks good so i again called service canada but they are telling the same thing now it is nearly two months and still no update yet. Could anybody help me on this. What to do how to proceed further.

chungdao

Jun 1, 2019
Hello, i have applied for SIN in march, went in person to service canada however they are unable to issue my SIN and said that there is something wrong and need some details from immigration and marked my request as urgent. Even after one month they are telling the same thing stating that an agent is working on your request meanwhile i called immigration and checked with them but they said all looks good so i again called service canada but they are telling the same thing now it is nearly two months and still no update yet. Could anybody help me on this. What to do how to proceed further.
I think what we can do is wait. I applied online on Mar 16th in Toronto but my application is pending, I called them some times but they said due to high volumes and I have to wait, not sure why somebody is just 2-3 weeks but some takes long time.

Newbie145

Apr 26, 2021
I think what we can do is wait. I applied online on Mar 16th in Toronto but my application is pending, I called them some times but they said due to high volumes and I have to wait, not sure why somebody is just 2-3 weeks but some takes long time.
My friends got it in minutes in service canada center, not sure why there is an issue with mine and they are not stating what is the issue.

KMGV

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
Hi All, I applied for new SIN after getting PR and it is taking more than 20 days, do you see same for anyone else?

rama.bista

Aug 22, 2023
I have applied for my SIN number in 11th july but i havenot get it till today. Due to which i am facing problem of getting job. The Officers says that my sin file has gone to head sin office and it will take 30 day but i havenot got it till today. what to do?