+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in getting SIN

jayryz

Star Member
Jul 24, 2018
same with me still waiting i 4 weeks ago i applied through mail,have you tried to call service canada call center?

Snehathomas

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
Yeah I received it today
Try and follow the instructions you will surely get them
Try and call them around 7am
Hi, what are the instructions to be followed?
I applied for my SIN using my COPR as I'm a new PR to the country. Service Canada says the document couldn't be verified and has sent a request to Immigration to verify the documents and is waiting to hear back. I contacted Immigration and they say all details of me on file are validated and they are not sure why Service Canada is unable to validate it. I have a job offer and my employer has pushed my start date since I have no SIN. Anyone faced this situation, can you please guide me on what to do, and I already moved to the work location because I didn't know about this issue before. I have visited Service Canada a couple of times and called the SIN registry as well. Nothing yet

camonia88

Jan 13, 2019
Hi, what are the instructions to be followed?
I applied for my SIN using my COPR as I'm a new PR to the country. Service Canada says the document couldn't be verified and has sent a request to Immigration to verify the documents and is waiting to hear back. I contacted Immigration and they say all details of me on file are validated and they are not sure why Service Canada is unable to validate it. I have a job offer and my employer has pushed my start date since I have no SIN. Anyone faced this situation, can you please guide me on what to do, and I already moved to the work location because I didn't know about this issue before. I have visited Service Canada a couple of times and called the SIN registry as well. Nothing yet
Hi, This happened for me 2 days back and now I am waiting for my SIN.
Have you got it? How much time it took?

Reactions: Gulfstream

Snehathomas

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
Hi, This happened for me 2 days back and now I am waiting for my SIN.
Have you got it? How much time it took?
Hi, I called immigration to make sure everything was upto date in their system, like the landing as been updated etc etc. Kept calling Service Canada to get updates almost every two days and told them that immigration said everything on their end looked good. I applied online on June 24th and finally received SIN approval on August 11th.

Hiba Elsayes

Dec 12, 2020
Hello every one.
The same happened to us. We applied for SINs on 19 October 2020 and nothing got yet.
Did you get your SINs?
Hi i have the same situation i applied for SIN on 5 of September 2020 and nothing got yet and i want to work i arrived canada in 4th of july 2020

Hiba Elsayes

Dec 12, 2020
Hi. I arrived to canada in 4th of july 2020,and after i finished my quarantine i went to service Canada to submit for SIN they told me that there’s a problem in immigration for your file that they should to update your file. I called immigration they told me that they want to make update to my file so wait one week and then go to service Canada to get it. After that i went again but the same they didn’t do any update, i apply again in service canada and the guy there give my ref. Number and told me wait two month and they will send it ( this in 4th of September 2020) till now i didn’t get it. I want to know if there is a problem what is it to solve it. Thanks

suchakrajan

Apr 12, 2020
@Service Canada
I am waiting for the SIN from 3 months. I am on work permit.
Application is marked as urgent from last 3 weeks. Issue from IRCC is sorted out before a month.
Still awaiting for SIN.
Applied on 21st Sept 2020
Application number : 0000435474

Aman Boparai

Star Member
May 10, 2019
@Service Canada
I am waiting for the SIN from 3 months. I am on work permit.
Application is marked as urgent from last 3 weeks. Issue from IRCC is sorted out before a month.
Still awaiting for SIN.
Applied on 21st Sept 2020
Application number : 0000435474
If you don’t mind me asking, what was the issue with immigration