+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in getting SIN

Bharath singh

Jan 25, 2019
I just phoned the Ircc call centre and spoke to someone, they are going send an email to the border crossing where I got my permit issued. So hopefully can have a SIN issued soon.
can you give me the number i am also facing same situation from 1 month, i will also call and resolve my problem

cherly86

Jan 26, 2019
hi im cherly im currently work in singapore..im dicided to apply canada as a domestic helper too..i have been here for 9 yrs...

Doctor98

Feb 5, 2019
Hello guys am also in thesame situation, I arrived in Canada on the 25 of December and went to service Canada on the 28 to obtain my social insurance but I was told my details are not in the system, then they gave me a form to fill and I was told they will send it to there main office, those are the ones who will issue it and mail it to me, I was told approximately it takes 1 to 2 weeks, but after 3 weeks I didn’t hear anything from them I went back to them, but I met a different person she told me I was mis informed, that it normally takes 26 to 28 days
But is more than a month now I didn’t hear anything from them neither received any mail regarding my social insurance
Am on a study permit
Any help please

Doctor98

Feb 5, 2019
Yeah I received it today
Try and follow the instructions you will surely get them
Try and call them around 7am

verzerk77

Jun 24, 2019
Hello guys am also in thesame situation, I arrived in Canada on the 25 of December and went to service Canada on the 28 to obtain my social insurance but I was told my details are not in the system, then they gave me a form to fill and I was told they will send it to there main office, those are the ones who will issue it and mail it to me, I was told approximately it takes 1 to 2 weeks, but after 3 weeks I didn’t hear anything from them I went back to them, but I met a different person she told me I was mis informed, that it normally takes 26 to 28 days
But is more than a month now I didn’t hear anything from them neither received any mail regarding my social insurance
Am on a study permit
Any help please
Hi, How long did you get your SIN #?

verzerk77

Jun 24, 2019
Hi Ashoksv

Me also in the same situation i have applied on 17 dec but still didnt recieve my sin no....also m waiting for open an bank a/c due to sin issue...when u applir ur sin and when u got pz tell
Hi, How long did you get your SIN #?

Hiras

Aug 12, 2019
Hello guys am also in thesame situation, I arrived in Canada on the 08 August and went to service Canada on the on 12th to obtain my social insurance but I was told I'm not eligible to work as immigration officers made a mistake in study permit, then they gave me a form to fill and I was told they will send it to there main office, those are the ones who will issue it and mail it to me, I was told approximately it takes 20 working days.
Am on a study permit
Any help please

olivia1feng

Sep 26, 2019
Am on a study permit
Any help please
I am exactly in the same situation as you had, fill a form---told me it will take 3 weeks arrived----after 3 weeks, back to service Canada office---told me it will take more than 1 month---now I still haven't get my sin.

Hiras

Aug 12, 2019
I am exactly in the same situation as you had, fill a form---told me it will take 3 weeks arrived----after 3 weeks, back to service Canada office---told me it will take more than 1 month---now I still haven't get my sin.
I got mail saying it has been posted to my postal address on 9th. Till now i did not get the letter. I called CIC and they informed that they give 6 weeks to Canada Post to deliver. Im so tensed and i hope i will sort these things soon.

olivia1feng

Sep 26, 2019
I got mail saying it has been posted to my postal address on 9th. Till now i did not get the letter. I called CIC and they informed that they give 6 weeks to Canada Post to deliver. Im so tensed and i hope i will sort these things soon.
I call the number from Service Canada, the agent said it will take one more month to process my application, I am depressed now.... Hope you will get your sin soon.

jayryz

Star Member
Jul 24, 2018
i was about to update my SIN using my copr but icant get a new one because theres an error on my filethink irrcc mistakes now they applied me for themanual one to get my sin is there anyone facing thesa same issue

Hiras

Aug 12, 2019
have you recieved your sin already?how many months?
yes got my sin number. Took 2 months already. Coz they did a mistake while sending my study permit to my address. i had to call them after 6 weeks again to tell them that i didnt get my letter. So they send me again. I received in 3 days after that. It take some times. It really sucks they do this kind of silly mistakes. But keep on following them. call them early morning at 8 and wait for your turn ext 3212 which will take u to customer representative directly. You will receive your number followup weekly.

jayryz

Star Member
Jul 24, 2018
thank you for the info,actualy yesterday i called service canada because my aplication is already 1 month from the day they apply my sin mail aplication thats to long for a new sin