+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in getting SIN

iamr12

Jul 25, 2019
Hi
I am a new permanent resident and applied for my SIN online on 21 November 2020. However, till today I have not received my SIN and the customer care agent said that my application has been routed to IRCC, on 5 January 2020, to get some information. When I asked for what specific information they are waiting for from IRCC, the customer care representative said they do not have that information. I tried calling IRCC regarding the same, and couldn't get through due to high call volume and the system did not connect my call. I have raised 2 webforms and have not received any reply.

Is there anybody who was in the same situation and got their SIN? I am curious to know what I need to do to get my SIN quickly because I am not able to proceed with my job application.

Appreciate your help. Thank you

Feb 16, 2021
Hi, I called immigration to make sure everything was upto date in their system, like the landing as been updated etc etc. Kept calling Service Canada to get updates almost every two days and told them that immigration said everything on their end looked good. I applied online on June 24th and finally received SIN approval on August 11th.
May I ask for the contact details of Immigration please?
I have the same situation.

Feb 16, 2021
Hi, what are the instructions to be followed?
I applied for my SIN using my COPR as I'm a new PR to the country. Service Canada says the document couldn't be verified and has sent a request to Immigration to verify the documents and is waiting to hear back. I contacted Immigration and they say all details of me on file are validated and they are not sure why Service Canada is unable to validate it. I have a job offer and my employer has pushed my start date since I have no SIN. Anyone faced this situation, can you please guide me on what to do, and I already moved to the work location because I didn't know about this issue before. I have visited Service Canada a couple of times and called the SIN registry as well. Nothing yet

Hi I have the same situation. Can I ask for the contact details of Immigration? Thanks

Snehathomas

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
+1-888-242-2100 is the number. They are open from 8am to 4pm, Eastern Time.
When I called, I select number 1 first then 3 and then 0 to talk to an agent. Please feel free to message here if there's any questions.

Snehathomas

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
Hi
I am a new permanent resident and applied for my SIN online on 21 November 2020. However, till today I have not received my SIN and the customer care agent said that my application has been routed to IRCC, on 5 January 2020, to get some information. When I asked for what specific information they are waiting for from IRCC, the customer care representative said they do not have that information. I tried calling IRCC regarding the same, and couldn't get through due to high call volume and the system did not connect my call. I have raised 2 webforms and have not received any reply.

Is there anybody who was in the same situation and got their SIN? I am curious to know what I need to do to get my SIN quickly because I am not able to proceed with my job application.

I hope the issue is solved now. I had the same situation. I had applied for sin online in June 2020 due to no services Canada being open then. Had the same issue with ircc, but ircc said they don't have any information and they don't receive such things from service canada for sin issues. And every information was updated in ircc side. I literally called ircc and service Canada helpline almost every day. Finally received my sin almost close to 2 months in August.

Feb 16, 2021
I hope the issue is solved now. I had the same situation. I had applied for sin online in June 2020 due to no services Canada being open then. Had the same issue with ircc, but ircc said they don't have any information and they don't receive such things from service canada for sin issues. And every information was updated in ircc side. I literally called ircc and service Canada helpline almost every day. Finally received my sin almost close to 2 months in August.

Hi can I ask for the contact number of ircc? And how were you asking them about your SIN?

Snehathomas

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
Hi can I ask for the contact number of ircc? And how were you asking them about your SIN?
+1-888-242-2100 is the number. They are open from 8am to 4pm, Eastern Time.
When I called, I select number 1 first then 3 and then 0 to talk to an agent. Please feel free to message here if there's any questions.
The above reply has the contact number. I told them service Canada has informed me there was some issue with the immigration document submitted for sin and wanted to check if they received any information and to make sure everything is updated as well.

bjkabs

Mar 3, 2021
I also have the same situation! I applied in January and l keep calling Social insurance number agents and they keep telling me to just wait and that there is nothing they can do about it. I am frustrated rn

chungdao

Jun 1, 2019
Hi

Did you get the new SIN? I have applied the new SIN since Mar 16 but it's pending, and not sure the reason and they just told me today that I need to call back in 10 business days if I still don't receive it. How about your timeline? Thanks.

Reactions: Gulfstream