Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Completely agree. There must be a normal queue like in any other place you go..whoever applied before me should get the citizenship first and whoever is behind me should be put on hold until I get my citizenship. I understand there are occasionally special/complex cases, but not in my case. I've been waiting for over 2 years now! The whole disfunction and the ineffective cover-up by keeping it all a big secret is just pathetic. Sorry, but we've all put our lives on hold because of this and I don't think it is a respectful way to treat your taxpayers.
It's really unfair how some January 2022 applicants have already been scheduled for oath, while many 2020 and 2019 applicants are waiting for years. What's your timeline and your processing office?

VoL@ND

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's really unfair how some January 2022 applicants have already been scheduled for oath, while many 2020 and 2019 applicants are waiting for years. What's your timeline and your processing office?
July 2020 Applicant, Mississauga Office. Passed the test late August 2021 and got DM only June 2nd of this year..so, 9 months between test and DM. Just crazy

Shinra_Tensei

Star Member
May 5, 2022
So it's been almost 2 months since the DM and still no progress on the ceremony....This process is a pain in the *** until the last second
I did, but they don't give any information, they just told me that the whole processing time can take up to 27 months, that there's not much to do but wait and that the timeline between different steps is not defined and can largely vary. However, I have to say I was very surprised as I only waited for less than 5 minutes on the line before I could speak to an agent. Even though the call was useless and didn't give any information I didn't already know, it was very quick.

Last edited:

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
So it's been almost 2 months since the DM and still no progress on the ceremony....This process is a pain in the *** until the last second
Same here! Really infuriating. :mad: Glad I'm not the only one waiting forever for oath when the vast majority gets scheduled like between 1 day and 3 weeks after DM, although I wish neither of us were in this situation.

However, potentially good news for us if we have to wait more than 4 months for oath scheduling? I just saw this buried in some older threads - seems that the "service standard" is a maximum of 4 months between DM and oath scheduling; if we wait more than 4 months, we could get 25% of the Right of Citizenship fee refunded, and 50% if we wait more than 8 months. Now that Right of Citizenship fee was only $100, so we're talking about only $25-$50, but anything helps lessen the pain:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/service-fee-act-remissions-policy-2021.html
Right of Citizenship

The Right of Citizenship service standard is a maximum of 4 months. The first invitation to attend a citizenship ceremony must be sent to the applicant within 4 months of the date of their positive grant decision.

The remission will be

• 25% of the fee for less than 4 months past the service standard, and
  • 50% of the fee, if for more than 4 months past the service standard
For citizenship applications that are refused, abandoned or withdrawn, applicants will continue to receive a full refund of their Right of Citizenship fee.

VoL@ND

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did, but they don't give any information, they just told you that the whole processing time can take up to 27 months, that there's not much to do but wait and that the timeline between different steps is not defined and can largely vary. However, I have to say I was very surprised as I only waited for less than 5 minutes on the line before I could speak to an agent. Even though the call was useless and didn't give any information I didn't already know, it was very quick.
Exactly! 11 months since the test and 2 months since DM, called them twice last week, and they just said, well it's 25 months so far for you not 27, so wait another 2 months and then call again. I asked what if you guys change it to 57 months and just tell everybody "well, it's still less than 57 months"? He just went mute and kinda apologized for the situation. Couldn't give me any update..pathetic

Shinra_Tensei

Star Member
May 5, 2022
Exactly! 11 months since the test and 2 months since DM, called them twice last week, and they just said, well it's 25 months so far for you not 27, so wait another 2 months and then call again. I asked what if you guys change it to 57 months and just tell everybody "well, it's still less than 57 months"? He just went mute and kinda apologized for the situation. Couldn't give me any update..pathetic
Yeah I like how they just bumped the average processing time from 12 months to 27 months overnight and decided to use the "it's still within the 27-month processing time" time. Genius move.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Yeah I like how they just bumped the average processing time from 12 months to 27 months overnight and decided to use the "it's still within the 27-month processing time" time. Genius move.
I'm 2 weeks away from 27 months and still no DM...

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
And yet they process some people in 6 months or less, especially the early 2022 paper applicants! At least they ought to have some consistency and do it FIFO so that the variance in processing time is not so huge. If they would make everyone's processing time say 18 months +/- one or two months, at least we could plan our lives. When processing time can be anywhere from 6 months to 5 years, our lives are on hold for too long, which is what is the most frustrating and infuriating.

Reactions: Acorn450

VoL@ND

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And yet they process some people in 6 months or less, especially the early 2022 paper applicants! At least they ought to have some consistency and do it FIFO so that the variance in processing time is not so huge. If they would make everyone's processing time say 18 months +/- one or two months, at least we could plan our lives. When processing time can be anywhere from 6 months to 5 years, our lives are on hold for too long, which is what is the most frustrating and infuriating.
Totally agree. And there is no accountability, just the good ol' "we apologize for inconvenience". That should be a two-way street then...I should be able to skip paying taxes for 3 years and just say "I apologize for inconvenience". My application is literally first in last out among all the friends and colleagues I know. But hey, let's wait for another 2 months and see what justification they will have then..

Reactions: trumprefugee

VoL@ND

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, can you imagine you're a business owner and bump prices by 150% in one day? That would go great with your customers

• Haha
Reactions: trumprefugee

Ana.me

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
Any updates "Oath waiting Team"?
I am trying to figure out the average time we should wait, but it's really very variable from 1 day up to 6 Months!!!

VoL@ND

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nope, 2 months and counting since DM. There is no average, only pain and suffering :)

Reactions: UM TOMI