+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision made

Shinra_Tensei

Star Member
May 5, 2022
Hello everyone,

I just got my citizenship status updated to "decision made" in ECAS a few days ago while everything was updated to "completed" on the new tracker except for citizenship ceremony that is still sitting at "not started" status.

How many steps are left ? Any idea how much time it takes between the "decision made" update and receiving the ceremony invite ?

Thank you !

b00li

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
SG VO
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
07-02-2017
Med's Request
24-05-2017
Med's Done....
04-06-2017
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2017
hi any one not able to link GCkey account?

Javeline

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
AOR Received.
12/4/2017
IELTS Request
Along with application
File Transfer...
12/5/2017
Med's Request
24/4/2018
Med's Done....
11/5/2018 - pass 3 days later
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
23/5/2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2018
LANDED..........
Sep 2018
Hello everyone,

I just got my citizenship status updated to "decision made" in ECAS a few days ago while everything was updated to "completed" on the new tracker except for citizenship ceremony that is still sitting at "not started" status.

How many steps are left ? Any idea how much time it takes between the "decision made" update and receiving the ceremony invite ?

Thank you !
I am in same boat with you, how is yours now

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Nothing yet. It's been a full month now and no progress.
Which office? I'm Niagara Falls, got everything except oath updated to Completed June 13 (although it says June 10 in the history) and no update since then, seems Niagara Falls is being slow

Shinra_Tensei

Star Member
May 5, 2022
Which office? I'm Niagara Falls, got everything except oath updated to Completed June 13 (although it says June 10 in the history) and no update since then, seems Niagara Falls is being slow
Mississauga. My update on June 2nd had everything except for oath marked as completed and "decision made" in ecas. I haven'y heard anything yet.

• Sad
Reactions: trumprefugee

singhedson

Jun 21, 2016
Mine is test completed and background completed since June 22 2022 . Any idea wen could I receive decision made or oat ceremony ? Thanks for reply

Shinra_Tensei

Star Member
May 5, 2022
Mine is test completed and background completed since June 22 2022 . Any idea wen could I receive decision made or oat ceremony ? Thanks for reply
It really depends and varies from one person to another. It took me about 6 weeks between "test completed" and "decision made". And now it's been over a month since the "decision made" and still no update regarding the oath ceremony.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

VoL@ND

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mississauga. My update on June 2nd had everything except for oath marked as completed and "decision made" in ecas. I haven'y heard anything yet.
Exactly the same timeline...Decision Made June 2nd, all completed except for oath. No updates yet...Any idea how to get some info on the timeline? I have to travel and this is very frustrating, because there is so much uncertainty.

Reactions: trumprefugee

Shinra_Tensei

Star Member
May 5, 2022
Exactly the same timeline...Decision Made June 2nd, all completed except for oath. No updates yet...Any idea how to get some info on the timeline? I have to travel and this is very frustrating, because there is so much uncertainty.
Yeah it's very frustrating and there's absolutely no way you can speculate about how much more time it'll take. I suspended my travel plans this summer because the last thing I want is to get a notice for the oath while I'm out of the country and have to reschedule, and who knows how much more delays that might cause. Right now we're on stand by and stranded here as they can call us anytime for the ceremony.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
It really depends and varies from one person to another. It took me about 6 weeks between "test completed" and "decision made". And now it's been over a month since the "decision made" and still no update regarding the oath ceremony.
The whole timeline varies wildly from person to person! That's the main frustration for most of us I think. If we actually had a better idea of what timelines to expect, we could actually plan our lives around them. But when time from test completed to DM can take from a few days to a few years, and same deal with DM to oath, many of us can be left hanging with our lives on hold for way too long. Took me 3.5 months from test completed to DM, and I'm waiting for almost a month now from DM. Some people get from test completed to oath within a week, while others wait years.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Yeah it's very frustrating and there's absolutely no way you can speculate about how much more time it'll take. I suspended my travel plans this summer because the last thing I want is to get a notice for the oath while I'm out of the country and have to reschedule, and who knows how much more delays that might cause. Right now we're on stand by and stranded here as they can call us anytime for the ceremony.
Yes, unfortunately we absolutely need to suspend travel plans until we know when we will be taking the oath. COVID is not at all over, contrary to what many people want to believe, and if you are out of the country, travel restrictions could come up at any time and leave you unable to come back for who knows how long. And if you have to reschedule the ceremony, it can take months if not years to get rescheduled.

Shinra_Tensei

Star Member
May 5, 2022
The whole timeline varies wildly from person to person! That's the main frustration for most of us I think. If we actually had a better idea of what timelines to expect, we could actually plan our lives around them. But when time from test completed to DM can take from a few days to a few years, and same deal with DM to oath, many of us can be left hanging with our lives on hold for way too long. Took me 3.5 months from test completed to DM, and I'm waiting for almost a month now from DM. Some people get from test completed to oath within a week, while others wait years.
I agree 100%, it is so random and as you said from one step to another it can take anywhere between a few days to a few years. They have absolutely no consideration for people being stuck in the country without any clear directions or predictive timeline patterns.

VoL@ND

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Completely agree. There must be a normal queue like in any other place you go..whoever applied before me should get the citizenship first and whoever is behind me should be put on hold until I get my citizenship. I understand there are occasionally special/complex cases, but not in my case. I've been waiting for over 2 years now! The whole disfunction and the ineffective cover-up by keeping it all a big secret is just pathetic. Sorry, but we've all put our lives on hold because of this and I don't think it is a respectful way to treat your taxpayers.