+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Made

Husseinsyed

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
After test/interview my status on ecase changed into DM
That's all or I should wait fr any other status after this one on my Ecase?
waiting for your valuable answers.
Below is my timeline and office is Scarborough

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 30, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 7, 2015.
We started processing your application on January 7, 2016.
We sent you a notice on March 15, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 4, 2016 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Husseinsyed said:
After test/interview my status on ecase changed into DM
That's all or I should wait fr any other status after this one on my Ecase?
waiting for your valuable answers.
Below is my timeline and office is Scarborough

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 30, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 7, 2015.
We started processing your application on January 7, 2016.
We sent you a notice on March 15, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 4, 2016 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Congrats !!!, its matter of days you would receive the Oath invitation.

Husseinsyed

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Congrats !!!, its matter of days you would receive the Oath invitation.
Thanks Canadiandesi!
Just one quick question, looking at other applicants from Scarborough, it seems i will get my oath date very soon maybe within this month or next. But my PR card will be expired in July this year so the question is, should i apply for my PR card renewal? Or waiting for my oath....

umlowcn

Jan 14, 2016
I did my test at Scarborough on Apr 7, was told that should be receiving oath letter in 2 to 4 months.

Husseinsyed

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
umlowcn said:
I did my test at Scarborough on Apr 7, was told that should be receiving oath letter in 2 to 4 months.
Congratulations!
Your Ecase changed into "Decision Made" or its still "in Process"

umlowcn

Jan 14, 2016
It said 'Decision Made'.

However, in the details, nothing was updated after this line: "We started processing your application on January 23, 2016".

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Usually Scarbrough office sent OATH invitation with in 60 days in mostly cases.

Husseinsyed

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
umlowcn said:
It said 'Decision Made'.

However, in the details, nothing was updated after this line: "We started processing your application on January 23, 2016".
same as mine
Please keep intouch

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Husseinsyed said:
Just one quick question, looking at other applicants from Scarborough, it seems i will get my oath date very soon maybe within this month or next. But my PR card will be expired in July this year so the question is, should i apply for my PR card renewal? Or waiting for my oath....
You don't need a current (non expired) PR card to appear for oath taking. I have mine expired for a few months before I got my oath invitation. I was told that as long as you don't travel outside of Canada,you don't need a valid PR card while waiting for an oath date. I became Canadian last March :D :D (with an expired PR card) without any hassle from CIC officers :D :D

Husseinsyed

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
stargazerlilly said:
You don't need a current (non expired) PR card to appear for oath taking. I have mine expired for a few months before I got my oath invitation. I was told that as long as you don't travel outside of Canada,you don't need a valid PR card while waiting for an oath date. I became Canadian last March :D :D (with an expired PR card) without any hassle from CIC officers :D :D
Thank you very much for this valuable Information
You made my life easy as i was thinking to gather all documents again for renewal

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Husseinsyed said:
Thank you very much for this valuable Information
You made my life easy as i was thinking to gather all documents again for renewal
Glad to help.
My PR card expired I think in February 2015,yet I still applied in June..... I called IRCC call center to get some advice and they said I don't have anything to worry about as long as I don't leave the country :D (since technically I'm still on PR status and I need a valid PR card to re-enter Canada) I was still worried when I got my test invite last December 2015,but the interviewer said,it's ok,so I was relieved.....Then again when I took the oath in March....The officer took our expired PR card,that was it. No fuzz,no questions,nothing.

john1288

May 1, 2016
Hello,

I have the same issue. My PR card expired in 2011 and I lost my valid pr card that's about to expire in 2018. I already reported it to CIC yesterday and they told me that I have to send a Solemn Declaration stating that I lost it and explain why I lost the valid pr card. So my question is, do I have to show up at the oath taking even if I have my 2011 expired PR card with me or do I need to re-apply for a new PR card? I am still confused about this so if you have time, can you please help me?

Thanks....

-John-

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
john1288 said:
Hello,

I have the same issue. My PR card expired in 2011 and I lost my valid pr card that's about to expire in 2018. I already reported it to CIC yesterday and they told me that I have to send a Solemn Declaration stating that I lost it and explain why I lost the valid pr card. So my question is, do I have to show up at the oath taking even if I have my 2011 expired PR card with me or do I need to re-apply for a new PR card? I am still confused about this so if you have time, can you please help me?

Thanks....

-John-
It's not really the same issue sine I never renewed my PR card upon starting my citizenship application......Anywho,If CIC said that all you need to bring (replacing your PR card) is a Solemn Declaration on your oath day.....then do that. That's all you need. (Well,along with the other documents CIC needs for that day) :D :D