+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision made before medical requested

jmakinde

Feb 7, 2009
Hi all , i have taken much time to read through most of the posts on this topic. In my case i saw decision made before my medical and just last week got the letter from the embassy. Reason my Job category is not in the 38 list approved by the minister. To me the problem is the code because i am an IT professional and know i will qualify under the computer and information systems managers. Do i need to make an appeal to them just like someone did in the post or simply reapply using the correct NOC code.

I also need you to elaborate because to me the 38 lists of occupations looks like a summary or other jobs in that category. For example a Pharmacist as a profession was not listed in the category but to me i think it will be under the managers in health care.

so can someone also please elaborate on the job categories to be grouped under COMPUTER AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS MANAGER.

Regards

satha73

Star Member
Jan 31, 2009
hi garcia..can you let me know on what ground they refused the application.if it is so for the point how much did you score? I believe that the solicitor wouldnt have made wrong by calculating your points.Can you let me know how much you scored for education,language,qualification,adaplabity etc etc which will be useful for us................

klealgarcia

Jan 27, 2009
Hi Satha,

I have a 3 year diploma after high school but they only gave me 15 points out of 20 as they counted it as 13 years of full equivalent study when i have 15 years of equivalent study.

Im hoping that they will reconsider and recount my request. My solicitor told me that i will only know in 8 weeks. Its really sad because my sister and my mother is already in canada as immigrant and i really want to join them soon.

satha73

Star Member
Jan 31, 2009
Hi Garcia,
I am sorry to hear about it any how if you high school is 12 years (as in the most of the asian countries) and if you had completed the trade diploma of 3 years you can claim for 15 years of full time education and get the 20 points.But which part of the world are you from and how many years is taht your high school sarting from grade 1?

Also did you claim points under adaptability as ur sis and mom are their.If they are with the PR or citizenship you can claim 5 points.Did u try that? anyhow what was your total ponts?

klealgarcia

Jan 27, 2009
Dear Satha,

I am from the Philippines and that is why im facing this problem because we do not follow 12 standards of education and our cirriculum is very different. Our elementary start on preparatory and 6 years in elementary plus 4 years in highschool. Overall I have studied 12 years for elemtary and high school if they will include the preparatory stage which is otherwise called as KG1 and KG2 in other systems. We take an official national exam in order to start our college after the 4th year high school (if you fail then you have to retain from highschool). Im asking them to consider the one year in the preparatory as its full equivalent study for one full year and we are using the text books for a grade 1 student as we do not follow 12 standards. Yes i did get 5 points in adaptability and hoping they can consider my request.

Do you think it will likely be positive or negative on my side.

satha73

Star Member
Jan 31, 2009
hi garcia...i think you are following british curricullum which will be equivalent to london "o" and "A" level .I think if you present you case wisely with more documents support it will be fine any how have you scored ur max points in other factors like qualification,language and age?

klealgarcia

Jan 27, 2009
Dear Satha,

I have a certified canadian immigration lawyer that is representing my appeal in CHC London. They are currently sending a memorandum to reappeal and recount my points and i will only know the outcome within 8 weeks. I do hope that they can reconsider my application. Anyway hereunder are my scores.

Age - 10
Language - 12
Experience - 21
Adaptability - 5
Experience - 15

Im praying that they can consider and give me 20 points for my education.

Do you think I can win this case.

Regrads

K

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
klealgarcia said:
Dear Satha,

I have a certified canadian immigration lawyer that is representing my appeal in CHC London. They are currently sending a memorandum to reappeal and recount my points and i will only know the outcome within 8 weeks. I do hope that they can reconsider my application. Anyway hereunder are my scores.

Age - 10
Language - 12
Experience - 21
Adaptability - 5
Experience - 15

Im praying that they can consider and give me 20 points for my education.

Do you think I can win this case.

Regrads

K
1. You have listed Experience twice, does the last one meant to be education?
2. What is your education?
3. Does these points total are determined by CIC or you?

Only after reviewing the details someone can assume that if you will win your appeal.

satha73

Star Member
Jan 31, 2009
hi garcia.....without wasting time try to take ielts and score 7 in each so that you can increse language pints to 16 and thus reach the mark 67.

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
yes, since your present score is 63 points you can reach 67 by getting a better score in ielts.

hamieh

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-April-2006
Passport Req..
4-May-2010(received by visa office)
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
28 june 2010
guys..i didnt receive the letter yet ....i didnt receive no response for my two inquires yet...............what is going on,i accpeted the fact its rejection ,but i cant understand why up to now i didnt receive anything from them.....

Kubik

Dec 1, 2008
Hi Folks,

I also checked online status today to find "Decision Made" (Before Medical thing) instead of "In Process". I fear that my case will be rejected as well. Submitted simplified application and received AOR in April-08. Had 74 points from self-test with PhD Degree, 22-years experience, etc etc. One of my jobs in the last ten years was 1-1/2 years of NOC0711 which is in the 38-occupations list in but Unfortunately only 10-months of it falls within the last ten years while the rest falls outside the 10-year limit. I can't believe that I'm gonna miss it by 2-months. Anyway, whining is of no help of course. Strange thing is that a friend of mine who applied at the same time and apparently without any previous occupations found in the 38-jobs list still has "In Process" status. I wonder if there might be any mistake with my online status or not. Within couple of weeks I'll receive my Caips notes and then I should be able to see what's goin on. Meanwhile I would appreciate if you guys with similar cases could share your updated information here.

Thanks & Regards,
Kubik

rizcom123

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kubik said:
Hi Folks,

I also checked online status today to find "Decision Made" (Before Medical thing) instead of "In Process". I fear that my case will be rejected as well. Submitted simplified application and received AOR in April-08. Had 74 points from self-test with PhD Degree, 22-years experience, etc etc. One of my jobs in the last ten years was 1-1/2 years of NOC0711 which is in the 38-occupations list in but Unfortunately only 10-months of it falls within the last ten years while the rest falls outside the 10-year limit. I can't believe that I'm gonna miss it by 2-months. Anyway, whining is of no help of course. Strange thing is that a friend of mine who applied at the same time and apparently without any previous occupations found in the 38-jobs list still has "In Process" status. I wonder if there might be any mistake with my online status or not. Within couple of weeks I'll receive my Caips notes and then I should be able to see what's goin on. Meanwhile I would appreciate if you guys with similar cases could share your updated information here.

Thanks & Regards,

Kubik
Did they asked you to update documents after certain years or months as their's usual process?????

Regards,