+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision made before medical requested

Kubik

Dec 1, 2008
No, at least I haven't received a mail for the last ten months since I submitted the application asking for updated documents and the status was an idle "In Process" all the time, until today when I saw it changed to "Decision Made".

Now I can do nothing but await their formal letter.

Regards

Diwar

Dec 2, 2008
hamieh said:
Im not gonna beleive its rejection till i receive the letter
You are right. My status changed to "Decision Made" early January and I got a letter on February 13th requesting my documents (120 days letter). I'm a post February 2008 applicant. So for post February 2008 applicants a decision made before medicals is not necessarily a rejection.

Kubik

Dec 1, 2008
Diwar,

Many thanks for sharing this with us. I was trying to calm down but couldn't help feeling miserable yesterday, but today after reading your post I have "a bit of hope". Who knows.

Thanks again
Kubik

Kubik

Dec 1, 2008
Bad news, a letter from the embassy says that my application is not eligible. The reason is that the only former occupation of mine that is found in the 38-Jobs List with NOC0711 has 10-months of it within "the last 10 years" and the rest of it was more than 10 years ago. So I missed by 2-months.

The strange thing is; if they are so accurate to count 2-months a very important issue, how could they have sent the declining letter to wrong address.... 6-months ago I moved to another country and immediately notified CIC on my address change. I can see my new address online (So I did everything correctly) But they sent the letter to my old address. Thanks to my former landlord who forwarded the mail to me.

A wee warning for those who changed their addresses (or will change in the future): Please be careful, cause the long-awaited & important mails might be lost this way

Regards

hamieh

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-April-2006
Passport Req..
4-May-2010(received by visa office)
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
28 june 2010
and still waiting and waiting and agian NO REPLY

hamieh

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-April-2006
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
28 june 2010
Guys up to date i didnt receive any letter from CIC also no reply to the two emails i send it more then two month and half ago inquiring w my status has been changed...please advise

hamieh

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-April-2006
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
28 june 2010
Hi all;

I need your urgent response and the maximium help you can present.

i just received a letter from CIC informing me that they have refused my application .

my score was 55 and i got zero on language,as you can see from the initial correspondence i missed doing my IELTS since i saw the DECISION MADE and since then i waitied for this letter.

Im graduate of USA and from an American university in Lebanon ,i have no problem in English but i need to know what to do right now and whether CIC may accept my appeal if i send them the IELTS(didnt do it till now ,will register tomorrow).

Please let me know what to do taking under consideration the letter date was 27 february 2009.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hamieh said:
Hi all;

I need your urgent response and the maximium help you can present.

i just received a letter from CIC informing me that they have refused my application .

my score was 55 and i got zero on language,as you can see from the initial correspondence i missed doing my IELTS since i saw the DECISION MADE and since then i waitied for this letter.

Im graduate of USA and from an American university in Lebanon ,i have no problem in English but i need to know what to do right now and whether CIC may accept my appeal if i send them the IELTS(didnt do it till now ,will register tomorrow).

Please let me know what to do taking under consideration the letter date was 27 february 2009.
You are too late, you would have had to request reconsideration by the Program Manager within 30 days of the date of the letter (usually futile)

PMM

hamieh

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-April-2006
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
28 june 2010
PMM....do u mean thant i can do nothing now !!!!

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
hamieh said:
PMM....do u mean thant i can do nothing now !!!!
Yes, that's what he meant. But you can always reapply, given that your occupation is on the 38 list and if not then you have a job offer, also you need higher score in the IELTS even if you have job offer or your occupation is on the list.

hamieh

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-April-2006
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
28 june 2010
my advisor recomended me to send an appeal,he beleives in my case and thinks that CIC did a mistake and with the right documentations things may work out....

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
hamieh said:
my advisor recomended me to send an appeal,he beleives in my case and thinks that CIC did a mistake and with the right documentations things may work out....
You need IELTS and they may not open your file since you didn't gave them in time, just ensure your lawyer is not asking for more money and scamming you.

Good Luck!

hamieh

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-April-2006
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
28 june 2010
i did registered for IELTS however i will not be able to receive the results before the end of April since my exam is scheduled on the 18th of April.My advisor is saying that he will file an appeal before the 5th of April(since i received my refusal letter on the 5th of march)and will provide all my transcripts since i studied in USA in addittion he will tell them that i registered for IELTS and should receive the results end of April.

what do you think !!!!!

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
hamieh said:
i did registered for IELTS however i will not be able to receive the results before the end of April since my exam is scheduled on the 18th of April.My advisor is saying that he will file an appeal before the 5th of April(since i received my refusal letter on the 5th of march)and will provide all my transcripts since i studied in USA in addittion he will tell them that i registered for IELTS and should receive the results end of April.

what do you think !!!!!
Is he asking for more money to appeal?? If he is, he is most probably doing for himself not for you, means it will not benefit you but he will get your money. The rule is same across the board, pass the test or get rejected. I am not sure why they will consider your case, I am not trying to be rude but just trying to save your money and time, you should re-apply instead if you still qualify according to the new rules.

Like you, I lived in US from many years, have degrees from US, worked in US company - They required me to go for IELTS test or they would have rejected my application. I was late in sending the results in 2007, I got rejected right away, luckily my second degree was completed and I got the IELTS also, I didn't wasted my time in appealing, instead I reapplied.