+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Made after Test?

shahsadru007

Jul 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vnexpress said:
I notice ECAS changes to DM are usually done on Friday.
Hi Vnexpress,

You are right, usually the ECAS changes on Fridays early in morning around 1200 AM. But, getting Oath invitation are varies, which I have no clue why for some people it takes too long.

Shaun

lawabiden

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1- We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 31, 2014.

2- We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 21, 2015.

3- We started processing your application on February 21, 2015.

4- We sent you a notice on May 26, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 10, 2015 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5- We sent you a notice on July 9, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 24, 2015 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Mr. Jordan

Jul 11, 2015
Hi all,

this is my first post in this forum, I applied for Canadian citizenship and I passed my test on(May / 25th) at Vancouver office ( Suite 200 - 877 Expo Blvd ) at 10:00 AM, and the interview went well, my ECAS changed on (June / 16th) from in process to Decision Made and it is stil DM ever since.

When I click the Decision Made to see the details, there is new updates other than the Citizenship test Notice, nothing else is there, no further updates.

Is there any one her from Vancouver office ( Suite 200 - 877 Expo Blvd ) ? would anyone has a clue why it takes so long and no new updates yet?

Also how can I add my time line? how can I make(establish) a new thread in this forum cause I am new and this my first post.

Thanks to you all in advance.

MonBec

Jun 4, 2014
MONTREAL
Category........
Visa Office......
HONG KONG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, All,

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 13, 2014.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 10, 2015.
3. We started processing your application on March 20, 2015.
4. We sent you a notice on May 14, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 5, 2015 at 7:45 AM.
The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not
received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
5. We sent you a letter on July 10, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Does anyone know what the 5th one could be?

I live in Montreal, I just checked the CIC website, there is no scheduled oath ceremony in July after the 15th.

Thanks.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
MonBec said:
Hello, All,

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 13, 2014.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 10, 2015.
4. We sent you a notice on May 14, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 5, 2015 at 7:45 AM.
The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not
received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
5. We sent you a letter on July 10, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I live in Montreal, I just checked the CIC website, there is no scheduled oath ceremony in July after the 15th.

Thanks.
as per similar posts by other people of this forum, this could be oath invite. Good luck!

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
MonBec said:
Hello, All,

Thanks.
Hi Im from Montreal as well and will have my oath taking on wednesday JULY 15. They also sent that 5th LINE with me saying they sent a letter and didnt include the details but when i got the letter its an OATH taking ceremony. So dont worry it might be an oath letter. Ecas sometimes is not reliable ...Goodluck.!

Dgoulding

Dec 15, 2014
PUZZLED said:
Hi Im from Montreal as well and will have my oath taking on wednesday JULY 15. They also sent that 5th LINE with me saying they sent a letter and didnt include the details but when i got the letter its an OATH taking ceremony. So dont worry it might be an oath letter. Ecas sometimes is not reliable ...Goodluck.!
Yes, I just received my oath letter today also (also applied from Montreal), after line 5 appeared last week. We are scheduled for July 28th, so for the earlier poster mentioning there are no ceremonies scheduled after July 15th, don't worry. This is almost certainly your oath invitation, and as my letter was sent on July 9th, I would expect your ceremony to be approx July 28th also. Almost there!!!!

DAX9890

Jul 13, 2015
Hello Today I had a test. I pass 19 out of 20. but I am so much worried friends ..please help me out if anyone has knowledge about my question

CIC officer asked me question about my Past USA history. I visit usa only one week since last 5 years but I used to study there on student visa before I came Canada . Also My family also living there. My parents and sister. So i didnt lied to them I told they living there

I told her I like canada because of lots of things and I have a good job here she didnt ask me that will you go back usa or not but I have doubt that could she reject my application because of USA connection?

Thanks friend..appreciate your reply

cedarjet

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DAX9890 said:
Hello Today I had a test. I pass 19 out of 20. but I am so much worried friends ..please help me out if anyone has knowledge about my question

CIC officer asked me question about my Past USA history. I visit usa only one week since last 5 years but I used to study there on student visa before I came Canada . Also My family also living there. My parents and sister. So i didnt lied to them I told they living there

I told her I like canada because of lots of things and I have a good job here she didnt ask me that will you go back usa or not but I have doubt that could she reject my application because of USA connection?

Don't worry, you are allowed to exit canada, you are not living in a prison

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DAX9890 said:

Unless the officer said there were concerns or needed to review further you're probably fine. I went to college in the US, worked there 10+ years and STILL work there today (from home since I came to Canada), the officer made a lot of questions to me but said she was satisfied in the end and I will have my oath ceremony on Wednesday. As long as you don't lie and you comply with the requirements (physical presence/etc) then you should be fine.

MonBec

Jun 4, 2014
MONTREAL
Category........
Visa Office......
HONG KONG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It was an oath invitation, FINALEMENT!

But the only thing is the passport from my previous country is in the hand of the consulate, and they wouldn't be able to hand it back to me until two days after the oath.

I don't want to tell the consulate that I need the passport for the oath taking.....

and they don't have a rush service for passport.............

any suggestions?

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MonBec said:
It was an oath invitation, FINALEMENT!

But the only thing is the passport from my previous country is in the hand of the consulate, and they wouldn't be able to hand it back to me until two days after the oath.

I don't want to tell the consulate that I need the passport for the oath taking.....

and they don't have a rush service for passport.............

any suggestions?
Call CIC and tell them you can't make the oath date and they'll re-schedule it. They will ask why you can't make the ceremony and this may delay your application if your reason isn't good enough (in their own minds). If you had asked I would have advised you to not do anything with your passport until your application was finished. I have personally declined work trips (at the risk of being fired) to ensure I would attend all my citizenship appointments and would have all my paperwork in hands.

littlebabybum

Jul 15, 2015
Hi guys.
On June 6, status from In process to Decision made.
On June 18, Decision made to in process.
On July 8, in process to decision made again.
No update in details, only test invite.
Is this normal? I am checking post, email and online status everyday. Nothing from cic.

Thank you for reading

Little baby bum
@Vancouver

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
littlebabybum said:
Hi guys.
On June 6, status from In process to Decision made.
On June 18, Decision made to in process.
On July 8, in process to decision made again.
No update in details, only test invite.
Is this normal? I am checking post, email and online status everyday. Nothing from cic.

Thank you for reading

Little baby bum
@ Vancouver
That sometimes is a pattern for "oath letter on the way".. but even when there's an entry saying "we sent you a letter on XX date" it still could be a couple of weeks for it to arrive.