+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Made after Test?

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got a new line today on my status (after clicking "decision made").. it shows they sent me a letter on June 26th (same thing as it happened to the Windsor applicants in this thread)... will update the thread once letter arrives.

Oct27

Oct 27, 2014
After 109 days status change to Decision Made. When I click on decision made, I can only see last test invitation line.

What is next now ? :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

troll2

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Oct27 said:
After 109 days status change to Decision Made. When I click on decision made, I can only see last test invitation line.

What is next now ? :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
Now it will stay that way until you get oath letter or it will change in couple days to " in process " and it will stay that way until oath line appearance and back to "decision made " again.

drdre

Jun 30, 2015
Hi there, anybody from the Calgary area? i did my test on 27/05/2015 at the Calgary office and still waiting.

cedarjet

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m22ij said:
hey guys i have a question, if the e-cas says decision made, and when you click on it, it says we have sent you a letter, but doesn't say what kind of letter it is and you're kinda waiting impatiently how long does it take to receive such letter..
Did you receive that letter ?

tsooma

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My file said file transfer (after I did the test). Was told on forums that file transfer post-test is equivalent to decision made, but I must have missed the "decision made" because it still says in process. In a couple of days it will have been a month since the file-transfer post-test update.
So for "decision made" people, don't get your hopes up just yet.

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tsooma said:
My file said file transfer (after I did the test). Was told on forums that file transfer post-test is equivalent to decision made, but I must have missed the "decision made" because it still says in process. In a couple of days it will have been a month since the file-transfer post-test update.
So for "decision made" people, don't get your hopes up just yet.
If there's one thing this thread has shown is that "decision made" alone only means "decision made" -- once the link shows that they sent you an oath letter is that you should expect it to arrive sometime soon. For some people (not all) the status changes back to "in process" after "decision made" and that also seems to be a signal that they're about to send you an oath letter. My application is a good example since it sat on "decision made" for about 1 month with no activity, then it showed they sent me a letter (without changing to "in process") -- this seems to vary by local office.

MonBec

Jun 4, 2014
MONTREAL
Category........
Visa Office......
HONG KONG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
“decision made” for a month, nothing yet... what to expect?

Montreal office. Test date June 5th.

nomadic

Apr 11, 2012
Same here. Calgary, "Decision made" status for a month, I called CIC centre and they said my application is still processing. :mad:

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my oath letter today! It's for July 15th. On ecas said the letter was sent on June 26th, but it was post-stamped/mailed on the 29th and arrived today (July 2nd).
Hope good news will arrive to all of you soon and before I forget: thanks everyone who shared their experiences/information on this thread.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
itguy78 said:
I got my oath letter today! It's for July 15th. On ecas said the letter was sent on June 26th, but it was post-stamped/mailed on the 29th and arrived today (July 2nd).
Hope good news will arrive to all of you soon and before I forget: thanks everyone who shared their experiences/information on this thread.
Congratulations :)

drdre

Jun 30, 2015
Congrats itguy78.
We took the test on the same day 27-05-15. Mine was in Calgary. Hoping for the best! :)

drdre

Jun 30, 2015
Nomadic, I think there are lots of applicants in Calgary. We should have our oath letters this month.

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
drdre said:
Congrats itguy78.
We took the test on the same day 27-05-15. Mine was in Calgary. Hoping for the best! :)
Thanks guys!
I would expect everyone who has "decision made" on their ecas and hasn't received any communication for a few weeks to eventually receive an oath latter -- as they say "bad news travels fast" and in the case of the application there's no reason why they would delay giving you bad news if they already made a decision, so the only reason to delay communication after "decision made" would be to wait for an available oath date.