+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Made after Test?

jeune

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello every one, I'm very glad to write in this topic and participate in this topic because I need some advices if you could help me
first of all , I'm permanent resident of Canada , I landed in Canada in June 2010 , I stayed living in Montreal till august 2011 after that I went visit my family at my back home country it was a vacation for 45 days , I came back to Canada in September 2011 and moved to Calgary , I 'm still living in Calgary . I applied for my citizenship from Calgary in September 2013 . after that I went to visit my family at my home country, it was in October 2013 . I stayed in my home country till march 2014 it was long visit because my mom was sick. unfortunately , during my last visit to my country I lost all of my documents including my PR card , my social insurance number , my master card , my debit card , my Canadian driving license , my passport , my medical card and some other documents. I went to the police station in my country and I got a report that I lost all of my documents that was in February 2014, I applied for travel document to come back to Canada and I got it in march 2014, so I have now new passport of my country it is issued in February 2014 and I was lucky to come back to Canada in march 2014. when I came to Canada they sent me Rq in march 2014 and I filled it out and sent it to Cic in April 2014 , they needed it maximum 1 month to send it. but they need my old passport with stamps that I lost it but I sent with Rq some support document like police report from my home country, my medical report , my flights tickets, my study course record , taxes assessment and some other documents. my time line is application sent September 2013 , started processing January 2014 , Rq received march 2014 , Rq sent April 2014 . I'm now 21 month ago when I applied , I called Cic and they told me that I'm non routine application 36 month. I got cbsa report 2 month ago and some other documents to proof my residence in Canada from June 2010 till September 2013, I got some other documents from airlines company , my travel record from home country and I will send all of these document to support my file.
I would like to ask some questions
1 - lost of passport can affect my file and get refuse ? I tried to get all of documents to verify and prove my residence in Canada and I'm honest and truthful

2- I will be 36 month non routine application in September 2016 till this time I think I will meet with the Calgary judge but if I will pass the exam and the judge doesn't accept all of this proof and he refused my application what procedure can I take , I just expect the worst scenario?
3 proof like ( police report from my country , air line tickets , cbsa report, medical record , taxes report, study record, travel record from my home country, t4 , t5,lease of rent, bank statement , credit statements) all of these documents are not enough to convince cic officer or agent and the judge?
4- what I could do in case of the judge will refuse my application ? I should apply with the new law after 4 years?
I will be glad if you will answer me and give me some advices , I'm very patient and very glad to see your replies
kind regards

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeune said:
hello every one, I'm very glad to write in this topic and participate in this topic because I need some advices if you could help me
first of all , I'm permanent resident of Canada , I landed in Canada in June 2010 , I stayed living in Montreal till august 2011 after that I went visit my family at my back home country it was a vacation for 45 days , I came back to Canada in September 2011 and moved to Calgary , I 'm still living in Calgary . I applied for my citizenship from Calgary in September 2013 . after that I went to visit my family at my home country, it was in October 2013 . I stayed in my home country till march 2014 it was long visit because my mom was sick. unfortunately , during my last visit to my country I lost all of my documents including my PR card , my social insurance number , my master card , my debit card , my Canadian driving license , my passport , my medical card and some other documents. I went to the police station in my country and I got a report that I lost all of my documents that was in February 2014, I applied for travel document to come back to Canada and I got it in march 2014, so I have now new passport of my country it is issued in February 2014 and I was lucky to come back to Canada in march 2014. when I came to Canada they sent me Rq in march 2014 and I filled it out and sent it to Cic in April 2014 , they needed it maximum 1 month to send it. but they need my old passport with stamps that I lost it but I sent with Rq some support document like police report from my home country, my medical report , my flights tickets, my study course record , taxes assessment and some other documents. my time line is application sent September 2013 , started processing January 2014 , Rq received march 2014 , Rq sent April 2014 . I'm now 21 month ago when I applied , I called Cic and they told me that I'm non routine application 36 month. I got cbsa report 2 month ago and some other documents to proof my residence in Canada from June 2010 till September 2013, I got some other documents from airlines company , my travel record from home country and I will send all of these document to support my file.
I would like to ask some questions
1 - lost of passport can affect my file and get refuse ? I tried to get all of documents to verify and prove my residence in Canada and I'm honest and truthful

2- I will be 36 month non routine application in September 2016 till this time I think I will meet with the Calgary judge but if I will pass the exam and the judge doesn't accept all of this proof and he refused my application what procedure can I take , I just expect the worst scenario?
3 proof like ( police report from my country , air line tickets , cbsa report, medical record , taxes report, study record, travel record from my home country, t4 , t5,lease of rent, bank statement , credit statements) all of these documents are not enough to convince cic officer or agent and the judge?
4- what I could do in case of the judge will refuse my application ? I should apply with the new law after 4 years?
I will be glad if you will answer me and give me some advices , I'm very patient and very glad to see your replies
kind regards
As mentioned in the other thread, with all the proof you gathered you should be fine. You haven't done anything wrong so there's no reason for them to refuse your application, sure it's non-routine so it's going to take some more work but the items you listed are exactly the proof they're looking for (ideally you would have sent all that with the RQ request but as long as you get to show it at some point you should be ok). While I don't think you have to worry about refusal of your application, if that happens you can apply again as soon as the requirements on the new rules are met (no need to wait "another" 4 years) -- you would likely get RQ again but then you would already have all the proof you gathered to send at once. I can only suggest you to be patient and wait for the next step -- at most, make the ATIP request to get information on your application, but chances are it will move faster now that the backlog is being reduced.

KrisinNS

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2012
Today, my ecas status changed from "In Process" to "Decision Made".

No further details are available regarding an invitation for the oath ceremony. Hopefully soon!

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nothing from us yet... decision made and no line about oath letter... decision made more than 2 weeks ago... there are ceremonies on jun 29, 30 and july 1... is there still chances or is it too late for these oath...

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sept15 said:
nothing from us yet... decision made and no line about oath letter... decision made more than 2 weeks ago... there are ceremonies on jun 29, 30 and july 1... is there still chances or is it too late for these oath...
If it's at least 1 week away there's always a chance, but it is not "likely". The guys from Windsor who just got oath for July 8th had their letters mailed on June 16th.. so that was a few weeks in advance. Keep in mind each local office may handle things differently.
In any case, I'm in the same boat as you: passed the test on 5/27 and ecas is showing "decision made" since Jun 3rd, no added lines or anything.. we just have to wait patiently.. I'm assuming/hoping that if the decision made was "against" us we would have already been notified by now (as it makes sense that they need available ceremony dates in order to invite us).

jeune

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itguy78 said:
As mentioned in the other thread, with all the proof you gathered you should be fine. You haven't done anything wrong so there's no reason for them to refuse your application, sure it's non-routine so it's going to take some more work but the items you listed are exactly the proof they're looking for (ideally you would have sent all that with the RQ request but as long as you get to show it at some point you should be ok). While I don't think you have to worry about refusal of your application, if that happens you can apply again as soon as the requirements on the new rules are met (no need to wait "another" 4 years) -- you would likely get RQ again but then you would already have all the proof you gathered to send at once. I can only suggest you to be patient and wait for the next step -- at most, make the ATIP request to get information on your application, but chances are it will move faster now that the backlog is being reduced.
thank you for your answer itguy 78

Livelifelarge

Jun 16, 2015
Hi all,
I have been following this thread for past two weeks and must appreciate the positivity here

My test date was on 5/27
Passed the test and the interview with officer was without any issues
Ecas status changed from In Process to Decision made and back to In Process
Called the call center the rep informed that there was a glitch in the system
Which changed many applicants status to Decision Made and they are experiences a high volume of calls

I am taking every passing day positively and checking my inbox regularly For the oath letter :)

ABBA71

Aug 14, 2014
My test date was May 6 2015 and passed.

3 weeks ago, CIC called me regarding mistake on my residential date. I explained to her and I rechecked based a copy of my renewal PR card application that I saved in my computer.

After, I explained she said ok we will process and continue with document checking.

Until now, I haven't seen any update on my status for oath or ceremony invitation :(

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
ABBA71 said:
My test date was May 6 2015 and passed.

3 weeks ago, CIC called me regarding mistake on my residential date. I explained to her and I rechecked based a copy of my renewal PR card application that I saved in my computer.

After, I explained she said ok we will process and continue with document checking.

Until now, I haven't seen any update on my status for oath or ceremony invitation :(
Could you please elaborate what exactly was the mistake? was it in regards to PR card renewal or citizenship application?

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Livelifelarge said:
Hi all,
I have been following this thread for past two weeks and must appreciate the positivity here

My test date was on 5/27
Passed the test and the interview with officer was without any issues
Ecas status changed from In Process to Decision made and back to In Process
Called the call center the rep informed that there was a glitch in the system
Which changed many applicants status to Decision Made and they are experiences a high volume of calls

I am taking every passing day positively and checking my inbox regularly For the oath letter :)
In process to decision made then back to in process seems like a pattern for "oath letter is on your way" -- or at least it happened to a number of people from Montreal.

ABBA71

Aug 14, 2014
thecoolguysam said:
Could you please elaborate what exactly was the mistake? was it in regards to PR card renewal or citizenship application?
the mistake was on citizenship application. I put 2007 -2014 on A address and 2013 - 2014 on B address. So in 2014, there were two different addresses that I lived on. CIC wanted to clarify as I made a typo on year.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
ABBA71 said:
the mistake was on citizenship application. I put 2007 -2014 on A address and 2013 - 2014 on B address. So in 2014, there were two different addresses that I lived on. CIC wanted to clarify as I made a typo on year.
Alright. Did the officer approve your application after the test? If it was approved, I am not sure why they re-checked your application after the test and fond the error/issue with the address?

suser

Jun 18, 2015
itguy78 said:
Congrats to you, Jane33 and suser! I assume your ceremony is on Walker rd ? cause July 8th is not even listed in the CIC website as an oath date for Windsor.
Yes, our ceremony is at walker road office.

wilbur

Star Member
Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
02-06-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Request
02-09-2011
Med's Done....
03-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2011
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
Over the weekend my ECAS went back to Decision made and the Oath date was confirmed:

7.We sent you a notice on June 18, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 6, 2015 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Looking forward to receive the actual letter this week.