+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Made after Test?

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ahmed127 said:
Hello Medigol,

Could you please let me know the time difference between (online Ecas Decision Made) and receiving the Oath Letter?
Also did your Ecas show (we sent you and oath invitation ....) after "decision made"?

Thanks a lot

Ahmed127

Ahmed
Dear don't worry. It is couple of days matter now.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Ahmed127 said:
Hello Medigol,

Could you please let me know the time difference between (online Ecas Decision Made) and receiving the Oath Letter?
Also did your Ecas show (we sent you and oath invitation ....) after "decision made"?

Thanks a lot

Ahmed127

One of my friend got oath invite and e-cas got updated with the oath information however I am not sure whether the online status was "In Process" or "Decision Made"
For some people e-cas updates, for some people it does not.

I have already given my test/interview and my online status still says that the file was transferred to my local office and its sitting there like this.

Ahmed

mediGOL

May 28, 2012
I received the letter yesterday and updated today. do not worry , your letter is in the way.

Medigol

Ahmed127 said:
Hello Medigol,

Thanks a lot

Ahmed127

Ahmed

Ahmed127

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mediGOL said:
I received the letter yesterday and updated today. do not worry , your letter is in the way.

Medigol

Thanks Medigol
Hope to receive my oath invite soon.

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Wife and I had the test the same exact date (May 27th) and also today our ecas updated to "Decision Made" -- no new information shows when clicking on the link. We both passed our tests and the interview went well (at least the officer said she was satisfied). Guess we have to wait for a notification in the mail -- I'll update here what we receive (and would appreciate if others did the same).
Wishing good news for all of us!

cec2011

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2011
AOR Received.
February 2, 2012
Med's Request
February 7, 2012
Med's Done....
March 1, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 26, 2012
LANDED..........
May 5, 2012
Hi everyone -

My ECAS updated today as well, saying "decision made".

I took my test March 25th, was issued a CIT0520 (for concerns over day and weekend trips back to my hometown of Chicago) so I sent that back (unfortunately, realized in this I was short 1 day but was honest about it) and then status changed to "decision made" today. So either I will be getting an oath invite with the rest of you, or getting my application rejected - definitely hope it's not the latter!

HHH2000

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
bambino said:
This is good news. Citizenship officers can now approve applications on the spot during the post-test interview (the form/checklist they use contain that provision).

The only person that can deny an application is the Citizenship Judge, and it is highly unlikely, impossible in fact, that your application would make it to his/her desk in a couple of days and be denied without a hearing.

So congratulations are in order. Hopefully you will get your oath letter soon.
Hi Bambino,

Thanks for motivating response.

Just for curiosity sake wants to clarify, don't you think if CO if not satisfied with the applicant documents and believe that he/she doesn't need any further document from applicant, can on his/her own take the decision and send the refusal to applicant (decision made) or he must refer the case to Judge.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/admin/decision/interviews.asp

What I am trying to understand can CO make a decision on own, if he/she has enough ground to believe that Applicant do not qualify for grand of Citizenship, without referring to CJ.

Please feel free to reply if anyone else know the answer.

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I should have qualified my earlier statement. Only a CJ can deny citizenship for not meeting the residence requirement. If the CO is not satisfied you meet the residency requirement, they will refer to the CJ. At this point in time a CO cannot deny an application for being short of days.

That may change once the 4/6 physical presence requirement kicks in.

Torontonion

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
bambino said:
I should have qualified my earlier statement. Only a CJ can deny citizenship for not meeting the residence requirement. If the CO is not satisfied you meet the residency requirement, they will refer to the CJ. At this point in time a CO cannot deny an application for being short of days.

So what are the other possible reasons when co can denied grant of citizenship without giving a chance for hearing

14 years and counting

Sep 22, 2014
Hi Bambino,

i have a question and i was hoping you would be able to help me on this

Date of application Aug 19, 2012
Date of Test Jan 29 2015
Oath date waiting
during my test the agent had a few questions regarding my travels and decided he would contact the CBSA to get a report. that report was recieved on Feb 6 2015. on Monday i contacted my MP and yesterday they sent me an email with this report on it

"This application is queued for further review by a Citizenship Officer. The applicant will be contacted if anything is required from him."

do you know what this means? All the other people who wrote the test around the time i did have had thier oath already.

Thanks,

Trevor Lunga

medopharm

Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2015
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
File Transfer...
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-11-2014
Interview........
22-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01- 2016 Alhmdullelah
LANDED..........
20-01-2016
Hi Ahmed
the same thing happened with me
just yesterday i noticed a decision made on ECAS but no any messages
also haven’t received the latter as well
my test was on May 12 by the way
I called cic ...she didn’t tell me anything ..all just wait
any updates .keep us posted

cec2011

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2011
AOR Received.
February 2, 2012
Med's Request
February 7, 2012
Med's Done....
March 1, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 26, 2012
LANDED..........
May 5, 2012
bambino said:

Cool - so even though I was one day short, and owned up to it and explained myself (due to a two day trip I 100% forgot I took, before I became a permanent resident!), my "decision made" is probably a positive response and I can slightly relax? :) Because yes, I would think that if they were concerned I'd have at least been allowed to have a hearing.

14 years and counting

Sep 22, 2014
bambino said:

Hi Bambino,

i have a question and i was hoping you would be able to help me on this

Date of application Aug 19, 2012
Date of Test Jan 29 2015
Oath date waiting
during my test the agent had a few questions regarding my travels and decided he would contact the CBSA to get a report. that report was recieved on Feb 6 2015. on Monday i contacted my MP and yesterday they sent me an email with this report on it

"This application is queued for further review by a Citizenship Officer. The applicant will be contacted if anything is required from him."

do you know what this means? All the other people who wrote the test around the time i did have had thier oath already.

Thanks,

Trevor Lunga

HIC2011

Apr 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same thing happened to me today, appeared in Citizenship test on 22nd may and today status changed to decision made. There is no other line regarding oath letter in Ecas.

Ahmed127

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
medopharm said:
Hi Ahmed
the same thing happened with me
just yesterday i noticed a decision made on ECAS but no any messages
also haven't received the latter as well
my test was on May 12 by the way
I called cic ...she didn't tell me anything ..all just wait