Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
monwar said:
Hi everybody,

I need some help to properly understand the situation of my wife application.

Here is her timeline:

1. application received on May 16, 2012.
2. start processing application on March 1, 2013.
3. RQ sent on July 23, 2013.
4. Notice of test sent on December 18, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 6, 2014 at 8:30 AM.

Status shown is “DECISION MADE” (checked on October 2, 2015). Previously it was “IN PROCESS”.

I and our daughter already became Canadian citizen.
Also, she travels a lot to USA where I am currently living on TN visa (but after submitting the application). And during her interview after the test (she got 20/20), the interviewer asked a lot about her staying in USA.

Now anyone have any idea that when she can expect her oath letter?
Also, is there any way that she can be rejected without a hearing (she does not have any problem with the minimum required stay before submitting the application)?

Any response would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Honestly speaking if she minimum required days and visiting her spouse in USA it should not be a big deal at all.

However, CIC unnecessarily find this as an excuse to raise red flag, sends RQ, delays and then refers for Citizenship Judge hearing.

I sincerely wish your wife get her Oath quickly. Yet prepared for the other scenario too. If such situation arises, NEVER let her go alone for judge's hearing . Citizenship judges are just political appointees, NOT law experts and merely acts like CIC's spokesperson.

If a candidate walk in with an Immigration attorney the chances of favorable outcome are good.

june1971

Jan 28, 2015
ahmadmani said:
Thanks buddy for your wishes :) crossing my finger to see if i can vote against conservatives :)
Hi
My date of DM is same as yours but still waiting .
Any idea?
Regards
June

sirine1

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
monwar said:
Thanks for your response.

It s strange that after posting this message in the morning, my wife got her oath invitation letter in the afternoon. Also her online status updated.

so you are absolutely right samaabraham.
Congratulations .

baba_123

Jul 21, 2015
Did my test and interview in March 2015 in Mississauga, in which was asked for additional documents. Provided the documents, than received another letter for more documents this time from Montreal office, provided those also. Now the ecas says "Decision Made". Can anyone explain if its a good or a bad sign. can the case officer reject my application on his own or does he have to send it to a judge.

sirine1

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
baba_123 said:
Did my test and interview in March 2015 in Mississauga, in which was asked for additional documents. Provided the documents, than received another letter for more documents this time from Montreal office, provided those also. Now the ecas says "Decision Made". Can anyone explain if its a good or a bad sign. can the case officer reject my application on his own or does he have to send it to a judge.
Very good sign. Prepare yourself for the oath !

pan1234

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
baba_123 said:

I have the same situation. I hope this good sign. Wait for oath. My DM on July 8th n waiting for next..........:)

Mainagui

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
Wrote my test on October 15 in Mississauga (20/20) Interview was "HORRIBLE" I wasn't asked any personal questions just all matching the dates between the Residence calculator, Canadian Border report & the stamp translations.
I have made a same day trip to buffalo after submitting my application last year, the officer accused me of not telling the truth (of not declaring it) though it clearly states on CIC website that less than 24 hours trips don't need to be declared.
Anyway i was in that interview for an hour and 15 minutes (at least!!) and at the end he said that he can't make any decision and he needs 2-6 weeks to re-review the file and use his judgement.

Yesterday my status changed to "Decision Made"

Now i'm really confused and I don't know what to expect, I left the interview devastated.

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello experts,

I took my test today already and passed.But so far in my eCAS, it still shows my application status is "In Processing":
"We started to process your application since Jul 14, 2015"

Is this normal? I mean, for you guys, did your status changed from "In processing" to DM directly? Or is there any info about the test also appeared b4 DM?

Thanks a lot!:)

dr_majed8835

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Did my test/interview in edmonton in sept 23. Officer said will match translated stamps and will let me know if more documents needed. Until today the ecas shows in process and didn't change to DM. Should this be a concern given that I wasn't RQed at the time of interview?

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
Munchenxx said:
Hello experts,

I took my test today already and passed.But so far in my eCAS, it still shows my application status is "In Processing":
"We started to process your application since Jul 14, 2015"

Is this normal? I mean, for you guys, did your status changed from "In processing" to DM directly? Or is there any info about the test also appeared b4 DM?

Thanks a lot!:)
It's not really consistent with expectations. Just ignore it for now -- hopefully the next time it changes will be for your oath invite.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
baba_123 said:
Any news!!!! Am still waiting. One major reason for my eagerness is that i had applied in Dec 2011 :(
1. Have you contacted CIC? Dobthey have a good reason to delay it?
2. Have you order your ATIP file for review?

baba_123

Jul 21, 2015
My first test was in May 2014 but never received the letter. Test was rescheduled for March 2015. Than they asked for some doc. provided those, than in Sep they asked for more documents, again provided those. Now the ecas has changed to DM two weeks ago. Nothing after that. Am hoping now all things have been cleared and only waiting to schedule the oath. Any comments what the Dm might be ?

Mainagui

Star Member
Dec 20, 2010
Mississauga office:
Wrote test on Oct 15,
Decision Made: Oct 19 (or 17 not really sure)
Oath Letter sent out Oct 27 for oath on Nov 9th.

Good luck everyone.