+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

parassachapara

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
Nice. My oath status still shows in progress but it should be updated in the next day or two. They did reply to my email yesterday confirming the receipt of my signed oath form though.
I had my oath yesterday(2nd June) but didn't get confirmation of email I sent. Did you get the confirmation on the same day? Did anyone else got confirmation email after sending signed oath?

Reactions: dersonc and yxl_yyz

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Guys heads up. Looks like someone just got an in-person test.

Look at this post. There is no test window and the words "online test" is not seen on their status update. They've given the applicant a single date (June 7) to attend the test. The OP still hasn't received an email.

We're still NOT SURE if this is an in-person test but be sure to check that thread when the OP responds once s/he receives the test invitation in the email.

UPDATE: This could just be IRCC modifying the process to allow only 1 day for online tests instead of the 21 day window. We won't know until the OP gets back to us once s/he received an email invite.

Last edited:
Reactions: Max00

Max00

Mar 4, 2021
Guys heads up. Looks like someone just got an in-person test.

Look at this post. There is no test window and the words "online test" is not seen on their status update. They've given the applicant a single date (June 7) to attend the test. The OP still hasn't received an email.

We're still NOT SURE if this is an in-person test but be sure to check that thread when the OP responds once s/he receives the test invitation in the email.
Hopefully life is going back to normal

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

CCAI2021

Star Member
Mar 16, 2021
I had my oath yesterday(2nd June) but didn't get confirmation of email I sent. Did you get the confirmation on the same day? Did anyone else got confirmation email after sending signed oath?
My oath was on 2nd June too. Have you received the confirmation email? I haven't yet.
My tracker just changed to 'completed' for the 'citizenship ceremony'.

UPDATE AFTER CALLING IRCC @ 8 AM - I was told they did receive my signed oath form email, and updated it on my file on the 3rd. I'm guessing this lead to the 3rd June tracker update: 'citizenship ceremony - completed'. My citizenship certificate is in queue for printing now. Receiving the confirmation email depends on the agent handling the case, and how busy they are.

I'm relieved now. Hope this helps you too :)

Last edited:

parassachapara

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
My oath was on 2nd June too. Have you received the confirmation email? I haven't yet.

UPDATE AFTER CALLING IRCC @ 8 AM - I was told they did receive my signed oath form email, and updated it on my file on the 3rd. I'm guessing this lead to the 3rd June tracker update: 'citizenship ceremony - completed'. My citizenship certificate is in queue for printing now. Receiving the confirmation email depends on the agent handling the case, and how busy they are.

Thank you so much for the update. Thats a relief for sure. My tracker also shows "citizenship ceremony - completed" so i guess now we just need to wait for certificate in the mail

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015

Hey, how long did the whole process take for you? When did you apply?

CCAI2021

Star Member
Mar 16, 2021
Hey, how long did the whole process take for you? When did you apply?
6 months. 4th Dec 2020. But I was among the very early online applicants who were expedited to test out the new online application system, so the timeline for such cases is an exception, not the norm.

happygarcha

Champion Member
Jan 15, 2011
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11 May 2016 | App Received: May 16, 2016
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2016 December 16, 2016. Updated Schedule A request
Nomination.....
Approved
AOR Received.
24th August 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
May 02, 2017
Med's Done....
May 08, 2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
BG: 20 September, 2017 | DM: 02 December, 2017 | PPR: 07 December, 2017 (@5.30 PM Pacific Standard Time)
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
11-01-2018

happygarcha

Champion Member
Jan 15, 2011
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11 May 2016 | App Received: May 16, 2016
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2016 December 16, 2016. Updated Schedule A request
Nomination.....
Approved
AOR Received.
24th August 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
May 02, 2017
Med's Done....
May 08, 2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
BG: 20 September, 2017 | DM: 02 December, 2017 | PPR: 07 December, 2017 (@5.30 PM Pacific Standard Time)
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
Hi
I did my ceremony today as well
Finally I'm a citizen
But in my ceremony the judge specifically said that you guys are the first all online only ceremony batch and she also said we have selected you guys to test our new online application system and thanked us for helping ircc test the system.
Congrats