+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

Dec 4, 2020
I have received my test invite for June 18th, my bet has paid off!! :) . The urgent application moved at an unreal speed!! Those who are curious, I had originally applied in August 2020 on paper and my application had almost zero progress until last month when I decided to withdraw it and apply online. I lost about 500 bucks but it was worth it. I had a valid reason for urgent processing and they were quick to jump on my application.

Online is the way to do it guys, paper applications are a thing of past now! I put so many hours contacting several federal agencies, researching and reading and I can conclude online applications are way easier for CIC staff to process compared to paper. I will request the ATIP notes for my online application after I have completed the final step - oath.

Good luck everyone and thanks so much for answering my questions!

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have received my test invite for June 18th, my bet has paid off!! :) . The urgent application moved at an unreal speed!! Those who are curious, I had originally applied in August 2020 on paper and my application had almost zero progress until last month when I decided to withdraw it and apply online. I lost about 500 bucks but it was worth it. I had a valid reason for urgent processing and they were quick to jump on my application.

Online is the way to do it guys, paper applications are a thing of past now! I put so many hours contacting several federal agencies, researching and reading and I can conclude online applications are way easier for CIC staff to process compared to paper. I will request the ATIP notes for my online application after I have completed the final step - oath.

Good luck everyone and thanks so much for answering my questions!
Why do you think that its fast because of online application & not because it is urgent application now? Also, was it not possible to request urgent processing of previous paper application instead of starting afresh?

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
Why do you think that its fast because of online application & not because it is urgent application now? Also, was it not possible to request urgent processing of previous paper application instead of starting afresh?
I think its Urgent Processing and not the online processing. There are several people applied online and they have not heard anything on their applications.

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
I did request urgent processing for my paper application. No one cared. lol
This is false conclusion. It may be possible the person processing you application didn't think that your app needed an UP. If you don't mind could you share the reason for UP? Thanks.

Reactions: Coco7 and astasi

Humanshado

Jun 27, 2017
Well I'm done talking here. All the naysayers can figure out there stuff themselves. I am just happy I have my invite so good luck everyone! Just follow your intuition instead of listening to the analysts. lol
I felt you did the right thing from the get-go when you withdrew the paper application against the uproar of disapproval from many. Don't take this positive turn of events for granted, prepare well and nail that test!

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
I think its Urgent Processing and not the online processing. There are several people applied online and they have not heard anything on their applications.
I think so too. I did paper application in December 2020, Non-urgent and I have completed the test. I am glad it worked out for him, but I wont conclude that paper application is garbage. Its just a on a case by case basis

Dec 4, 2020
I felt you did the right thing from the get-go when you withdrew the paper application against the uproar of disapproval from many. Don't take this positive turn of events for granted, prepare well and nail that test!
Congratulations! Your gamble paid off for sure.
Thank you! It was definitely worth a shot. Its funny but I always remembered what you said " risk takers are history makers" haha. Love it!

Reactions: Humanshado

yxl_yyz

Feb 12, 2021
That's what I was wondering about. The overall application status is still "In Progress", even though everything is marked as "Completed".
Same as mine. I'm just a bit anxious because Canada Post recently lost one of my trackable parcel. Hopefully we will receive it soon!