+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

Dmet

May 2, 2021
Upload a receipt or the photographer business card. You can also upload a text file containing the photographer information
anyone know how to upload the text file with the photographers information? I have created and to no avail - it wont let you select it for upload as its not a supported file type.. bit ridiculous and holding up the whole process for me

TommySan

Aug 18, 2017
Ontario
So, if December applicants are getting their AOR now, then, is waiting 4 months for the AOR is expected or this means it is taking too long?

What was the shortest wait so far?

Apr 26, 2021
So, if December applicants are getting their AOR now, then, is waiting 4 months for the AOR is expected or this means it is taking too long?

What was the shortest wait so far?
From the looks of it, there is no easy way to find the average time to receive AOR after submission. It depends on the method of submission, processing office, and the total backlog of applicants to fulfill.

Since the Online application was available from December, most of the applicants submitted online during December got AOR within 4 months on average. But there were paper applicants who got it earlier than some of the online applicants.

My guess is, it's very rare to get AOR within 3 to 4 months regardless of paper vs online.

Hope this gives you a broad context for your question. :)

Reactions: TommySan

svk1520

Dec 25, 2017
anyone know how to upload the text file with the photographers information? I have created and to no avail - it wont let you select it for upload as its not a supported file type.. bit ridiculous and holding up the whole process for me
you can upload the receipt of the photographer/studio

champion92_pls

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Did you ever have any luck with the text file? i only have a Mac (not that it should matter) and yet the uploader will not allow me to upload the text file... everything else but...

I did not upload a text. I uploaded the receipt which has the address on it as PDF. I also typed the address in a text file and then took screenshot and upload it as a JPEG.

Text file is not mandatory. It's optional. I guess, the did not think it could be a problematic on Macs.

from_india_to_canada

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
From the looks of it, there is no easy way to find the average time to receive AOR after submission. It depends on the method of submission, processing office, and the total backlog of applicants to fulfill.

Since the Online application was available from December, most of the applicants submitted online during December got AOR within 4 months on average. But there were paper applicants who got it earlier than some of the online applicants.

My guess is, it's very rare to get AOR within 3 to 4 months regardless of paper vs online.

Hope this gives you a broad context for your question. :)
Nah, paper applications get their AOR within 2 months these days

K_p_

Mar 6, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
08/02/2017
File Transfer...
16/03/2017
Passport Req..
20/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
27/11/2017
Disclaimer: My thought on the online applications and is by no means a validation of what to expect.

The online application is in its pilot stage and as with all pilot programs, it has to be fine tuned, completed and weighed against all KPIs/reports before a decision is made on a production roll out. Until this is completed, I expect to see pending AORs for those that applied from January onwards.

The term completion could mean many things including processed(DM) applications from December 2020 applicants, data security, governance and general best practices.

Now for time sake, I can only hope the pilot is fast and successful.

sharp1

May 3, 2021
Did you ever have any luck with the text file? i only have a Mac (not that it should matter) and yet the uploader will not allow me to upload the text file... everything else but...
I had the same issue, so I converted the txt file to PDF (using TextEdit) and uploaded that instead.

palak.pandya

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Hi, was looking for guidance as contemplating between applying online or paper. Is anyone aware if online applications are processed differently than paper applications. It seems like paper applications are sent to local offices and some offices are much slower than the others.
If online applications also going to local offices then I guess it should not matter, however I feel online applications are managed centrally.
Any insight would be helpful.

Markham101010

Mar 10, 2021
If I get a new job, should I let IRCC know or it doesn't matter?

I didnt get AOR yet.
I am not sure I fully understand your question - are you referring to informing them simply that you have a new job or that your job requires citizenship?
If citizenship is a condition of your employment - then yes it is worth contacting them. Use the webform on the ircc website to request expedited processing. Provide the reason AND evidence. Without a strong, evidence-based case you it would be waste of your time.
If you are simply referring to giving them a heads up - I am not sure whether a job is considered material change - as long as the job is in Canada and has no bearing on your eligibility for citizenship .. i don't see the use.
However, others may provide another opinion. good luck :)

Reactions: Help!

Markham101010

Mar 10, 2021
Hi, was looking for guidance as contemplating between applying online or paper. Is anyone aware if online applications are processed differently than paper applications. It seems like paper applications are sent to local offices and some offices are much slower than the others.
If online applications also going to local offices then I guess it should not matter, however I feel online applications are managed centrally.
Any insight would be helpful.
There are 79 pages - just on this thread - that more or less comment on your question. I would caution there is lot of conjecture in the thread. And keep in mind we are probably a small sample size - so mine/our experience - may not be representative of everything going on. Consider the information already on file + data available in the trackers to make an informed decision. No one can definitively tell you which route is better. Good luck.

expatuae85

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
I dont have updates yet after I passed the exam and fingerprints. Has anyone got to the oath taking part aside from those who requested for urgent processing?