+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

brunostephan

Apr 13, 2021
Hello Guys, I applied at the third week of december, I still didn't have a postal or email AOR, am i the only one in this situation ?

Help!

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
I am not sure I fully understand your question - are you referring to informing them simply that you have a new job or that your job requires citizenship?
If citizenship is a condition of your employment - then yes it is worth contacting them. Use the webform on the ircc website to request expedited processing. Provide the reason AND evidence. Without a strong, evidence-based case you it would be waste of your time.
If you are simply referring to giving them a heads up - I am not sure whether a job is considered material change - as long as the job is in Canada and has no bearing on your eligibility for citizenship .. i don't see the use.
However, others may provide another opinion. good luck :)
Thanks 101010, I have a job in Canada already, but I got a new job in USA. I have no idea what I should do. Can someone please help me :(... If they agree to let me work remotely, should I still let IRCC know?

yxl_yyz

Feb 12, 2021
Hi,
Just want to give an update on my online application.

After completing the test end of Feb, I received an invitation for an interview end of March, completed the interview April 14.

Luckily they have fixed the ECAS problem for me and I am able to check the status online. However, I'm not sure if the information on ECAS for online applicants is accurate. As it says in process on ECAS and when I called on Tuesday they said citizenship was granted on April 14 (my interview date) and just waiting to be scheduled an oath date.

Full timeline

Application submitted Dec 8
Aor: Feb 10
Test invite: Feb 24
Test completed: Feb 26
Interview invitation: March 26
Interview date: April 14

Showing in process on ECAS but call centre agent said decision has been made? I guess now it's just waiting for them to schedule me a date for the oath ceremony. :)

svk1520

Dec 25, 2017
Thanks 101010, I have a job in Canada already, but I got a new job in USA. I have no idea what I should do. Can someone please help me :(... If they agree to let me work remotely, should I still let IRCC know?
in your case unless your address/phone number changes, you don't need to inform CIC for work/employment change. if in future you move to US, inform CIC about your new address

expatuae85

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hi,

After completing the test end of Feb, I received an invitation for an interview end of March, completed the interview April 14.

Luckily they have fixed the ECAS problem for me and I am able to check the status online. However, I'm not sure if the information on ECAS for online applicants is accurate. As it says in process on ECAS and when I called on Tuesday they said citizenship was granted on April 14 (my interview date) and just waiting to be scheduled an oath date.

Full timeline

Showing in process on ECAS but call centre agent said decision has been made? I guess now it's just waiting for them to schedule me a date for the oath ceremony. :)
Congratz! can you guide me how to fix the ecas issue? Ive sent 3 webforms and screenshots but still they cant fix it.

Reactions: yxl_yyz

Help!

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
Hi,

Full timeline

Lucky ‍♂

Why ain't most of us got nothing, guys. I am disappointed :(

yxl_yyz

Feb 12, 2021
Congratz! can you guide me how to fix the ecas issue? Ive sent 3 webforms and screenshots but still they cant fix it.
Hi I think it depends on the agent who's handling the issue. I submitted 3 webforms before they fixed it. I included screenshots of my input and the error message I got after; and also explained that it is an online application specific problem, as some of them are prob not familiar with it or unaware of the problem.

duytuanbme

Oct 4, 2018
Hi guys, I was just wondering what's the total fees for citizenship application for 1 adult over 18 years old. Is it $630?

Thanks for the help!

JHT

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Hi,

Full timeline

Congratulations
Did you have many trips outside of Canada mentioned in your application ?

Reactions: yxl_yyz