+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
Could someone please provide information on Police Certificate requirement. I moved from USA to Canada on my PR in January 2018. I was on H1B visa in USA for over 7 years and when I applied for Canadian immigration (through Express entry) I provided FBI clearance and Police clearance (from my country) in 2017.
My question is do I need to get FBI-clearance again? Please advise!

yxl_yyz

Feb 12, 2021
Update: For those who received AOR, you cannot check the ecas status online yet. Agent told me there is glitch in their system(only for citizen apps submitted online) and they are working on it to update ecas status.
Congrats on your application moving so fast! As for the ECAS situation, I thought it was just me - I received my AOR last Wednesday and have not been able to check the status of the application on ECAS. I gave IRCC a call today and was told that I could submit a web form to let them know that I am experiencing a technical issue. From my conversation with her, I don't think the agents are very familiar with the online citizenship application processes yet. That being said, I was worried that since I am not able to see it on ECAS and that meant my application wasn't moving forward, which does not seem to be the case! I hope they are working on the glitch you mentioned, and I will submit a web form next week if the problem persists.

BNS007

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thank you SOOO MUCH @ZZDown! You've saved me from wasting my time and going insane with this form!!

I was poking different options with this form for the last 2 weeks. Being a web developer myself, I could understand the error it was returning in the browser's developer's tools but it didn't help with resolving the issues. I tried to word my form values differently, I thought it was timing issue because sometimes I could add another field!?? I tried literally hundreds of times with it and was losing my mind.

After reading your posts, I tried deleting a few entries and could confirm your theory. I combined the files, had to delete a short term address from the form (moving around too much and having too many files cost me here. This explains why some people didn't have any problem with the form at all). All was green on the Review page, and bam, I still couldn't submit. I went back to choose another field to delete and after that, I could submit successfully. What a relief!

For anyone who is still having problem, I highly recommend trying to optimize your number of fields.
Hey, Good to know that you could figure out and submit the application.

I am just assuming but I still doubt if number of fields / multiple entries is the problem. I think issue is overlapping entries with same month etc. and not number of fields and entries. As you have multiple entries, there are chances that some are overlapping and that’s causing an issue. But if you actually have multiple entries without overlap, I assume system would still allow it.

May be you can validate the entries you removed from your application and if some of those were overlapping in terms of MM/YYYY in different fields.

I explained it in detail in post #343 (page 23) in this thread.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/december-online-citizenship-applicants.712647/post-9098652

Good luck with your application! Cheers

Reactions: engray

JHT

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Hey, Good to know that you could figure out and submit the application.

I am just assuming but I still doubt if number of fields / multiple entries is the problem. I think issue is overlapping entries with same month etc. and not number of fields and entries. As you have multiple entries, there are chances that some are overlapping and that’s causing an issue. But if you actually have multiple entries without overlap, I assume system would still allow it.

May be you can validate the entries you removed from your application and if some of those were overlapping in terms of MM/YYYY in different fields.

I explained it in detail in post #343 (page 23) in this thread.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/december-online-citizenship-applicants.712647/post-9098652

Good luck with your application! Cheers
Would an overlap of one day would pose an issue?

most adress histories probably have One day of overlap, when going to the next adress

would the be a adress history gap of one night without that overlap be an issue?

simons

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Could someone please provide information on Police Certificate requirement. I moved from USA to Canada on my PR in January 2018. I was on H1B visa in USA for over 7 years and when I applied for Canadian immigration (through Express entry) I provided FBI clearance and Police clearance (from my country) in 2017.
My question is do I need to get FBI-clearance again? Please advise!
if you don't stay any country beside Canada for more than 180 days after you got PR, you don't need to provide any police clearance.

BNS007

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
** To the folks getting an error at the last step while submitting the online application (after successfully uploading the files) **

Below are my observations (It could be 100% spot on or totally wrong. Please don't quote me on this. :) If you think it's not accurate, feel free to ignore my post):
  • Signs that you would get an error at the last step (at the time of submission): After uploading the additional required and optional documents, if you refresh the page (or log out and log in again) and some or all of those files are not saved, there are high chances that your application will not be submitted successfully even after uploading those documents again.

• Potential Reason: If your details / file names / size / formats everything seems fine, there are chances that you have overlapping date/month entries for 'Work and School' or 'Immigration' or 'Residence' information or anywhere else in your application. (This point is more or less same as user ZZDown mentioned in previous post). So the error is NOT because of multiple entries but could be because of overlapping date/month entries (it could have happened indirectly because you have more entries). I mean to say even if you have multiple entries but if those are not overlapping in terms of date/month, you might be fine.

• Solution: Once you make sure that you don't have overlapping date/month entries in any of the applicable sections, in the Additional Required and Optional Documents section, if you refresh the page, your files would still be there. This could be the sign that your application will now be submitted successfully.

• Example: I made three entries in 'Work and School'.
    • Jan-2019 to Nov-2019: Job 1
    • Nov-2019 to Nov-2019: Unemployed (for 2 days due to job change)
    • Nov-2019 to Present: Job 2
    • At this point my additional documents were not getting saved and after uploading those again. I was getting error at the last step of submission.
    • I removed entry 'Nov-2019 to Nov-2019' for 2 days of unemployment, now my entries were like below (which makes sense system wise because system asked the information with reference to MM/YYYY and not DD/MM/YYYY) :
    • Jan-2019 to Nov-2019: Job 1
    • Nov-2019 to Present: Job 2
    • As soon as I made that correction, my additional documents were also saved properly (even though I refreshed the page) and I could submit the application immediately.
    • As per the posts of Users ZZDown and destiny2016, they removed some entries (and added it in separate file). That would have indirectly removed overlapping date/month entries and resulted in successful submission.

• Conclusion: If you are not able to submit the application successfully, it's not (only) because of IRCC system bug. There are high chances that there's difference in the way you have provided the information / documents vs the way system expects the information. Reason could be same as mine or like it's mentioned by some other users. Now till the time IRCC enhances the online tool with better error handling and messages, you can double check, correct the required data and try to submit the application. It should go through.
Good luck everyone!
Would an overlap of one day would pose an issue?

most adress histories probably have One day of overlap, when going to the next adress

would the be a adress history gap of one night without that overlap be an issue?
Hello,

Aa far as I remember, in an online application, for Residential Address and Work details, they ask for ‘From’ and ‘To’ YYYY-MM and not date. So there’s no question of overlap of date.

Regarding overlap of Month, If you refer my example in original post tagged here, you would have better idea. Again, that’s purely based on my analysis and experience.

Thanks and good luck!

Nikola10

Feb 18, 2021
I have applied on December 11, 2020, through the online portal, are there any chances I could receive AOR this week or next, as I saw some people applied on December 1st week started receiving AORs

simons

Star Member
May 10, 2019
I have applied on December 11, 2020, through the online portal, are there any chances I could receive AOR this week or next, as I saw some people applied on December 1st week started receiving AORs
I am Dec 10 Applicant, by now i have not receiver AOR, i learn Applicant on Dec 7 (paper application) receive AOR today

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Try giving IRCC a call, there is an issue with online application not seeing status updates on ECAS, maybe your AOR is on the way. The agent will be able to confirm if you have AOR or not.

simons

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Thank you , I ill try to call IRCC , I hope it's on way
Do you call IRCC? i call them, and agent said Online department has issue to find my online application, because it is new system, they will call me back when they find my application. Do you get the same answer?

SNGHL_2013

Mar 26, 2013
Do you call IRCC? i call them, and agent said Online department has issue to find my online application, because it is new system, they will call me back when they find my application. Do you get the same answer?
Hope our applications are not lost in test and trial of this online thing. I submitted mine on Dec 13 and no clue so far.

proactivejaf

Aug 17, 2015
Hello folks
I applied on Dec 05 online but no luck
I am kinda scared now
tried calling IRCC but none picked up
any suggestions what to do at this point? webform?email? call?
Thanks