[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

yxl_yyz

Feb 12, 2021
Hi All,

Here is my application:

Application type: Single - Online Application
Physical presence days: 1097
App sent date: Dec 8 2020

Received my AOR this week - Feb 10, 2021. However, haven't been able to check it on ECAS. Not sure how long it will take before it appears on ECAS.

happygarcha

Champion Member
Jan 15, 2011
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11 May 2016 | App Received: May 16, 2016
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2016 December 16, 2016. Updated Schedule A request
Nomination.....
Approved
AOR Received.
24th August 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
May 02, 2017
Med's Done....
May 08, 2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
BG: 20 September, 2017 | DM: 02 December, 2017 | PPR: 07 December, 2017 (@5.30 PM Pacific Standard Time)
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
Hi All,

Here is my application:

Application type: Single - Online Application
Physical presence days: 1097
App sent date: Dec 8 2020

Received my AOR this week - Feb 10, 2021. However, haven't been able to check it on ECAS. Not sure how long it will take before it appears on ECAS.
Good congrats!
i have applied on December 7th, 2020 online application
from BC single applicant didn’t get anything yet... hopefully something soon

Last edited:
Reactions: yxl_yyz

ziadelbaghdadi

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
Can you please let me know where did you get your digital personal photo taken at.
and is there any specific requirements for the digital photo Other than the required size?
I took my photo at Shoppers, its $19.99 for the photo + $10 to put it on a USB flash disk, they do not offer emailing it and they don't let you get your own USB flash disk (they force you to pay the extra 10 bucks!). Don't ask for a printed copy because they will charge an extra $19.99 for that. Along with the photo on the USB flash disk they will give you a printout with the: store address information, date, etc.

Upload both the digital photos from the USB + scan the photo information printout and you are set to go!

ps. do not get photos (from Coscto etc.) and scan them yourself, some people noted that CIC might scrutinize the EXIF metadata (information about the photo that is included in all digital photos), I now scanning is a cheaper option, but you don't want to have some issues in your application over something this simple.

hungryzi

Oct 12, 2019
Through further experimentation I noticed that I can also remove an individual form entry (those with "Edit" buttons) that does not even include a file upload, and the portal saves one extra file after that, which is only clear when I reload the page.

Bottom line: if you still cannot submit, check the number of forms and files you have and try to downsize. Also it's not about the file size as mine were pretty well optimized, it's about the number of files and forms. And good luck.
Thank you SOOO MUCH @ZZDown! You've saved me from wasting my time and going insane with this form!!

I was poking different options with this form for the last 2 weeks. Being a web developer myself, I could understand the error it was returning in the browser's developer's tools but it didn't help with resolving the issues. I tried to word my form values differently, I thought it was timing issue because sometimes I could add another field!?? I tried literally hundreds of times with it and was losing my mind.

After reading your posts, I tried deleting a few entries and could confirm your theory. I combined the files, had to delete a short term address from the form (moving around too much and having too many files cost me here. This explains why some people didn't have any problem with the form at all). All was green on the Review page, and bam, I still couldn't submit. I went back to choose another field to delete and after that, I could submit successfully. What a relief!

For anyone who is still having problem, I highly recommend trying to optimize your number of fields.

Reactions: engray

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Thank you SOOO MUCH @ZZDown! You've saved me from wasting my time and going insane with this form!!

I was poking different options with this form for the last 2 weeks. Being a web developer myself, I could understand the error it was returning in the browser's developer's tools but it didn't help with resolving the issues. I tried to word my form values differently, I thought it was timing issue because sometimes I could add another field!?? I tried literally hundreds of times with it and was losing my mind.

After reading your posts, I tried deleting a few entries and could confirm your theory. I combined the files, had to delete a short term address from the form (moving around too much and having too many files cost me here. This explains why some people didn't have any problem with the form at all). All was green on the Review page, and bam, I still couldn't submit. I went back to choose another field to delete and after that, I could submit successfully. What a relief!

For anyone who is still having problem, I highly recommend trying to optimize your number of fields.
Thanks for the detailed info!! Can you list how many files you submitted for each question? You can download a copy of the application after submission. It will greatly help me and others who are looking to submit their online application without any luck.

simfhs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Update: For those who received AOR, you cannot check the ecas status online yet. Agent told me there is glitch in their system(only for citizen apps submitted online) and they are working on it to update ecas status.

Last edited:
Reactions: mbaleine and engray

simfhs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Is fingerprint required for Citizenship ? I thought its required for temp. visas and PR applicants only.
Its requested case-by-case and though more people are getting it recently.
No one knows the reason. Maybe too much travel or a common name, its neither for me, so not sure.

happygarcha

Champion Member
Jan 15, 2011
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11 May 2016 | App Received: May 16, 2016
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2016 December 16, 2016. Updated Schedule A request
Nomination.....
Approved
AOR Received.
24th August 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
May 02, 2017
Med's Done....
May 08, 2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
BG: 20 September, 2017 | DM: 02 December, 2017 | PPR: 07 December, 2017 (@5.30 PM Pacific Standard Time)
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
Submitted online application on Dec. 13 but no AOR yet after 60 ish days
Any online applicant got AOR recently?
December 07 submitted online nothing yet

Abrockks

Aug 15, 2016
India

Hey buddy, am facing the same issue. Can you please help me with how many total entries you could submit your application?
I have like 11 addresses entries and 7 work entries in eligibility period. Your reply would really help me submit my application.
I am frustrated as hell now with this online application, trying to submit for quite sometime.

Thank you.

Abrockks

Aug 15, 2016
India
Hey buddy, am facing the same issue. Can you please help me with how many total entries you could submit your application?
I have like 11 addresses entries and 7 work entries in eligibility period. Your reply would really help me submit my application.
I am frustrated as hell now with this online application, trying to submit for quite sometime.

Thank you.

Update, I deleted some unnecessary entries and guess what, I could submit my application !!!! :)
Your feedback helped me understand the problem. Thank you so much..! :) :)