+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

AK_canada

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Hi, I wanted to submit my online application tomorrow. I know it is not to do with December! But since you've been through the process, I was hoping for some guidance.
Question for TAX 2020: in the last 5 years, I have filed for tax in 2017, 2018, 2019 (PR since May 2017). But for 2020, CRA hasnt opened tax filing yet.
Do I say "No" to filing and "was it required to file" - Yes or No?
Will 2020 filing be considered has tax filed in 5 years ? Is it meant to be last 3 tax filings in 5 years or just 3 tax filings?

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
but wouldnt paper take about an additional week or so than online in the mail? Why wait for 2 weeks for the webform?
I believe you have to wait to AOR to send a webform, before that there is no way for them to link it. I think attaching the request for urgency straight to your application is a more guaranteed way for them to see it. Mailing it really doesn't take that long, not nearly as long as AOR

Reactions: ziadelbaghdadi

khawar1

Star Member
Jul 4, 2011
Hi, Can we also apply for citizenship application online? I thought we can only apply paper based?

SNGHL_2013

Mar 26, 2013
Hi all, confirming - the system is already up and running and I submitted my citizenship application online today here https://citapply-citdemande.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/landing

Feel really fortunate since I got everything printed out and was about to mail it as paper based today but then learned about the online method last night (thanks to this forum!)

I DID NOT receive AOR right away. Below is the message I got in the end, if it helps:

You successfully submitted your application!

We’ll review your application to make sure you

• provided all of the information we asked for
  • uploaded all required documents
  • paid the fees
If your application is complete, we’ll

• start processing your application
  • send you a confirmation email (acknowledgement of receipt or AOR)
It can take some time before you receive the AOR. Check your email regularly to see if you’ve received it.

If we need more information from you, we’ll contact you by email. To avoid missing our emails

• check your junk or spam folder
  • look for messages from email addresses ending in “@cic.gc.ca”
Check your email regularly.

Check your application status

You can

What your application status means

Prepare for your citizenship test

While waiting for your application, you can start studying for your citizenship test .

When to contact us

While we process your application, contact us if

Contact us

Returning to your application

To return to your application and this page, sign in to your account .

• You can view, but not update your application.
  • If you need to update your application, contact us .
Hi zkqxcv,
Just checking if u got AOR as well?
@simfhs applied around the same date as your and got AOR few days back. So thought maybe you got AOR as well ? I applied on Dec 13 and waiting......

Reactions: zkqxcv