+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
hey guys super random question regarding the address field information in the online citizenship application. It is asking for the following:

-Street number (optional)
-Street name
-apt number (optional)
-Country or territory
-province
-postal code

I'll use a hypothetical street address to confirm if i'm getting the format correct please correct me if i'm wrong:

2 anywhere place apt 123
Toronto, ON, A1B 2C3
Canada

Based on the above this would be the correct notation?:

-Street number (optional): 2
-Street name: anywhere place
-apt number (optional): 123
-Country or territory: Canada
-province: ON
-postal code: A1B 2C3

thanks in advance i know it sounds like a simple enquiry but i'm thrown off by the street number. In the paper based form I can just type in the whole address as it appears on my licence.

Last edited:

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
hey guys super random question regarding the address field information in the online citizenship application. It is asking for the following:

-Street number (optional)
-Street name
-apt number (optional)
-Country or territory
-province
-postal code

I'll use a hypothetical street address to confirm if i'm getting the format correct please correct me if i'm wrong:

2 anywhere place apt 123
Toronto, ON, A1B 2C3
Canada

Based on the above this would be the correct notation?:

-Street number (optional): 2
-Street name: anywhere place
-apt number (optional): 123
-Country or territory: Canada
-province: ON
-postal code: A1B 2C3

thanks in advance i know it sounds like a simple enquiry but i'm thrown off by the street number. In the paper based form I can just type in the whole address as it appears on my licence.
Yes that’s correct.

prt22

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
when did you submit your application? if you applied online on December 2020 for regular application, it is not possible to get AOR .
Hmm why do you think so? Online applications are new and it could make it faster and easier for IRCC employees to verify if the application is complete and issue an AOR

simfhs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
when did you submit your application? if you applied online on December 2020 for regular application, it is not possible to get AOR .
As mentioned earlier, on Dec 04, online single applicant regular application. Other people who applied online should start getting their AORs soon as well. No one can predict the exact time as it is a new process.

And why is it not possible? The online application is supposed to help reduce the backlog from increasing further.

thatguyoverthere

Dec 14, 2017
Did anyone apply online for an URGENT application? Anyone knows how to actually apply as urgent online?
I think you have to submit your application first and then submit a webform requesting urgent processing after. At least that’s what I did, waited a couple weeks after my online application to submit the webform. Haven’t heard back tho, so.

AhsanK

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-09-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
Med's Request
18-12-2017
Med's Done....
26-12-2017
hi guys,

I went to the main "apply for citizenship" page on the IRCC website and after clicking around a few times the "you may be eligible to apply online" link popped up and took me to the online application page. I was able to create a username etc. currently filling it out. I hope it lets me submit!
Hi,

Were you able to submit your online application ?

Ahmadd

Sep 16, 2020
Hi all, confirming - the system is already up and running and I submitted my citizenship application online today here https://citapply-citdemande.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/landing

Feel really fortunate since I got everything printed out and was about to mail it as paper based today but then learned about the online method last night (thanks to this forum!)

I DID NOT receive AOR right away. Below is the message I got in the end, if it helps:

You successfully submitted your application!

We’ll review your application to make sure you

• provided all of the information we asked for
  • uploaded all required documents
  • paid the fees
If your application is complete, we’ll

• start processing your application
  • send you a confirmation email (acknowledgement of receipt or AOR)
It can take some time before you receive the AOR. Check your email regularly to see if you’ve received it.

If we need more information from you, we’ll contact you by email. To avoid missing our emails

• check your junk or spam folder
  • look for messages from email addresses ending in “@cic.gc.ca”
Check your email regularly.

Check your application status

You can

What your application status means

Prepare for your citizenship test

While waiting for your application, you can start studying for your citizenship test .

When to contact us

While we process your application, contact us if

Contact us

Returning to your application

To return to your application and this page, sign in to your account .

• You can view, but not update your application.
  • If you need to update your application, contact us .
When you submit your application did they have you any reference number of your application submission or application number??? So u could contact them if there is any changes in your application via webform.

Ahmadd

Sep 16, 2020
So....Surprisingly I just submitted the Online application... after a few ''errors'' Yay! I'm nervous cause I already applied by mail only a week ago but tbh at this point they may see the online before they see the mail one, plus I just realized the mail one has a huge mistake on my current passport dates, so I'll take it as I just resubmitted an updated mistake-free (hopefully) version of my application.
This is the message I got:

You successfully submitted your application!

Get a copy of your application
You
  • may save a copy of your application for your records (optional)
  • cannot use the copy to resubmit your application
What’s next
We’ll review your application to make sure you
  • provided all of the information we asked for
  • uploaded all required documents
  • paid the fees
If your application is complete, we’ll
  • start processing your application
  • send you a confirmation email (acknowledgement of receipt or AOR)
It can take some time before you receive the AOR. Check your email regularly to see if you’ve received it.
If we need more information from you, we’ll contact you by email. To avoid missing our emails
  • check your junk or spam folder
  • look for messages from email addresses ending in “@cic.gc.ca”
Check your email regularly.

Check your application status
You can
What your application status means
Prepare for your citizenship test
While waiting for your application, you can start studying for your citizenship test .

When to contact us
While we process your application, contact us if
Contact us
Returning to your application
To return to your application and this page, sign in to your account .
  • You can view, but not update your application.
  • If you need to update your application, contact us .
How you will contact them?? Did they gave you any application number or reference number ??

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
Paper would be better i think
Another december paper applicant and myself went to in process in about 2 weeks after they received it, urgent processing. If you have to wait weeks to submit a webform that's weeks lost. I tried uploading the request for urgency in the additional documents, maybe that's why it kept failing, but also I don't know if they'd have seen it.
I'd just go paper

ziadelbaghdadi

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
Another december paper applicant and myself went to in process in about 2 weeks after they received it, urgent processing. If you have to wait weeks to submit a webform that's weeks lost. I tried uploading the request for urgency in the additional documents, maybe that's why it kept failing, but also I don't know if they'd have seen it.
I'd just go paper
but wouldnt paper take about an additional week or so than online in the mail? Why wait for 2 weeks for the webform?