+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
if you already have a photo taken you can scan and upload it,still works fine.
as for the photographer information,no need for a stamped receipt you can scan and upload the back of the photo.
Nooo it explicitly says not to do that. I hope it doesn't affect your application, oh boy

expatuae85

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Has anyone successfully submitted their application? I’ve been trying for almost an hour and its giving me an error message below:

“Your application failed to submit

Try again or contact us.”

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nooo it explicitly says not to do that. I hope it doesn't affect your application, oh boy
i am not applying for anything,just an active member on this forum.
what i meant is scanning the photo if the studio cannot give you a digital one.

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Has anyone successfully submitted their application? I’ve been trying for almost an hour and its giving me an error message below:

Really? Did you upload documentations at each stage of the application or at the end? And what is the format of the names of the uploaded documents? What I figured out is that any space in between a file name causes some issues. I have not submitted mine as my application date is by month end! I just hope what I said may help!

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013

i just find out from shoppers that they do digital photos but it is still a printed one which you will have to scan and upload to your application like i said.

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
Really? Did you upload documentations at each stage of the application or at the end? And what is the format of the names of the uploaded documents? What I figured out is that any space in between a file name causes some issues. I have not submitted mine as my application date is by month end! I just hope what I said may help!
Oh maybe the space thing. I’ll try it out tomorrow, thanks.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
did you understand my point?
how do you upload the photo to your application if you don't scan it?
Ask your photographer to give you a soft copy ( digital copy jpg format ) and put it in a USB key then upload directy to your application.

Reactions: BOYX

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
Ask your photographer to give you a soft copy ( digital copy jpg format ) and put it in a USB key then upload directy to your application.
thank you for your input.
how can a photographer give you a soft copy and how is that different from scanning a DIGITAL hard copy yourself?

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
thank you for your input.
how can a photographer give you a soft copy and how is that different from scanning a DIGITAL hard copy yourself?
Any photographer in canada can give you a soft copy just ask for it. I always ask for it and they always give it to me. When they take a picture of you, they have a soft copy in their computer, just ask for it simple. The website said not to scan your photo. You want to do what they ask you not to do ?