+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
it is not just you,my friend called IRCC and their answer was to keep trying..it is common to have technical glitches when a new platform kicks in.
good luck
Thank you, I appreciate the reply. Also a sigh of relief knowing I am not alone.

Though it's very strange why it is happening. I suspect their system cannot handle the size amount of files submitted. The reason for this is because once I compressed all of my files, I was able to get the checkmark to stick. Though despite that, my application failed to submit. Maybe have your friend try that - could end up differently for them.

SinghfromTexas

Star Member
Nov 27, 2020
Dallas Texas, USA
Hello Guys ,
One of ma friend recently submitted his (single paper citizenship application ) .
Recieved in NS : December 1 , 2020 .
Should he apply again online or it will create confusion. Thanks

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
Hello Guys ,
One of ma friend recently submitted his (single paper citizenship application ) .
Recieved in NS : December 1 , 2020 .
Should he apply again online or it will create confusion. Thanks
if application already received by CPC in sydney your friend can not apply again online,it will lead to confusion and possibly some serious damage.

Reactions: SinghfromTexas

expatuae85

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Confused about the photo.

Where did you had your photos taken? Did you specify to the photographer that you are doing an ONLINE application?

Thank you for the response guys.

I went to Costco and Walmart but no luck - I was able to do it with SHOPPERS!

Last edited:

leoowen19

May 4, 2014
Thanks forum to let me know this. I cannot find the link from the cic website. Is the system up running or still under testing phase? Will the data be thrown away before official launching?

simfhs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016

Where did you had your photos taken? Did you specify to the photographer that you are doing an ONLINE application?
This is what is says in the portal, to add file for One (1) digital citizenship photo . I am confused where to provide the studio information?

The photo must

• be a colour digital photo (not black and white)
  • be taken within the last 6 months
  • be taken by a commercial photographer
  • You must upload the photographer or studio information.
  • Include the name, address and date photo was taken.
  • We accept the photographer’s receipt or a text file.
  • ----
  • have a maximum file size of 4 MB
  • have a minimum image size of 420 x 540 pixels
  • have a file format of JPEG or JPEG 2000

Do not

• upload scanned photos
  • use a smart phone to take the photo
  • change the digital photo in any way
  • You may reduce the photo’s file size (maximum 4 MB).

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
This is what is says in the portal, to add file for One (1) digital citizenship photo . I am confused where to provide the studio information?

The photo must

• be a colour digital photo (not black and white)
  • be taken within the last 6 months
  • be taken by a commercial photographer
  • Include the name, address and date photo was taken.
  • We accept the photographer’s receipt or a text file.
  • ----
  • have a maximum file size of 4 MB
  • have a minimum image size of 420 x 540 pixels
  • have a file format of JPEG or JPEG 2000

Do not

• upload scanned photos
  • use a smart phone to take the photo
  • change the digital photo in any way
  • You may reduce the photo’s file size (maximum 4 MB).
You should have the studio stamp on a piece of paper what they usually stamp behind the physical photo. Also, you can request a digital photo just an FYI. Shoppers near me did it and gave me a USB with the digital photograph.

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON

Yes, request they give you a digital photograph. If they do not do such a thing, look elsewhere. It is absolutely something that is request-able. I know this since the Shoppers near me did it as if it was a routine thing for them.

simfhs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
You should have the studio stamp on a piece of paper what they usually stamp behind the physical photo. Also, you can request a digital photo just an FYI. Shoppers near me did it and gave me a USB with the digital photograph.
Thanks, did you create a doc/pdf file for studio info? and upload this in Other supporting documents (optional) ?

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
Thanks, did you create a doc/pdf file for studio info? and upload this in Other supporting documents (optional) ?
By the way, my application is not submitting for some reason. Nonetheless, I had mine as a .jpg and yes, I submitted it under that category. It also allows you to submit it under the Digital Photo category alongside your Digital photo, though I believe it needs to be a .jpg format.

simfhs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
By the way, my application is not submitting for some reason. Nonetheless, I had mine as a .jpg and yes, I submitted it under that category. It also allows you to submit it under the Digital Photo category alongside your Digital photo, though I believe it needs to be a .jpg format.
try clearing cookies/cache or reinstall browser. Check the form field inputs. I am seeing some fields like phone no have a default format, but even if you dont follow it, the page shows ready. And check the size of images/attachments. Maybe they have stop taking more apps or reached some their limit for trial applications?
I am filling the form now, and will let you know if I submit tommorrow

Reactions: BOYX

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
if you already have a photo taken you can scan and upload it,still works fine.
as for the photographer information,no need for a stamped receipt you can scan and upload the back of the photo.