+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

Nikola10

Feb 18, 2021
Hi All,

My application tracker ( Screenshot ) looks very weird, everything is in processing except the exam, normally background checks show completed first then you get an exam request, I completed my exam but everything else in processing since April. I have applied in mid-December

Is anyone in a similar situation or any idea why is my tracker like this

Help!

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
Urgent plz
Guys, for translation of passport pages and sending scans, does this include Visa, stamps, cover page, standard info pages, etc.?

One visa is in Greek with also English but not for all items? Do I still need to translate this?

I have a sticker on the cover page that was made by the government when I got the passport? Does it need translation?

Should I include the cover page?

Finally, who do u recommend for translation?

Markham101010

Mar 10, 2021
this is simply based on my experience - please consider seeking advice from other people as well.

You should aim to have everything that is not in English or French translated. So in my subjective opinion, it includes visa, exit/entry stamps, and the "biographical info" (cover) page ....

So with your Greek Visa my question is - is EVERYTHING on there translated into either official language? If so, you should be alright.

I personally used - https://www.taontario.ca/ - there are others out there too.

Reactions: Help!

Help!

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
this is simply based on my experience - please consider seeking advice from other people as well.

You should aim to have everything that is not in English or French translated. So in my subjective opinion, it includes visa, exit/entry stamps, and the "biographical info" (cover) page ....

So with your Greek Visa my question is - is EVERYTHING on there translated into either official language? If so, you should be alright.

I personally used - https://www.taontario.ca/ - there are others out there too.
Thanks so much. The Greek one doesnt show every item translated. Only certain items. To be on the safe side, I will just translate it. Much appreciated.

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Hi All,

My application tracker ( Screenshot ) looks very weird, everything is in processing except the exam, normally background checks show completed first then you get an exam request, I completed my exam but everything else in processing since April. I have applied in mid-December

Well, IRCC has shown not to follow a consistent approach for processing applications. Hence, I am not surprised that your BGC has not been completed and you got a test invite. But to think of it, how can they move someone to take the citizenship test without a background verification? The answer to this might be a post I read here on CanadaVisa - the person claimed that he appeared for the Oath ceremony and when it was about to start, a supervisor called him out. He was asked to go home as his background verification hasn't been cleared. Again, how can someone get to the oath ceremony stage without passing the BGC?

In your case, let us hope that an officer did not update your completed BGC (for you to see via the tracker) before moving it to the test invitation. To figure this out, I will advise that you order a GCMS note.

All the best!!!

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Well, IRCC has shown not to follow a consistent approach for processing applications. Hence, I am not surprised that your BGC has not been completed and you got a test invite. But to think of it, how can they move someone to take the citizenship test without a background verification? The answer to this might be a post I read here on CanadaVisa - the person claimed that he appeared for the Oath ceremony and when it was about to start, a supervisor called him out. He was asked to go home as his background verification hasn't been cleared. Again, how can someone get to the oath ceremony stage without passing the BGC?

In your case, let us hope that an officer did not update your completed BGC (for you to see via the tracker) before moving it to the test invitation. To figure this out, I will advise that you order a GCMS note.

All the best!!!
This basically possible as background check is valid for a year. If your citizenship process is not finalized in a year background check will move from completed to in process. If you go through forum you may see people getting new fingerprints request after a year if their process is not finalized.

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
This basically possible as background check is valid for a year. If your citizenship process is not finalized in a year background check will move from completed to in process. If you go through forum you may see people getting new fingerprints request after a year if their process is not finalized.
Good point @K310. But isn't fingerprint valid for 10years as I have seen where IRCC state that applicants who submitted fingerprint within 10years shouldn't submit again.

Last edited:

namratha_s

Sep 17, 2014
Hi All,

My tracker looks the same. There is nothing to worry about. They will come back if something goes wrong. I also applied in December so let's hope for the best.

Thanks

Pran6009

Dec 26, 2020
Hi All,
Background Status Completed today.
Admin, can you please update the spreadsheet.
Application date - December 17, 2020(Online)
Processing office - Vancouver
Applied from Bradford, ON
AOR - April 2020
Fingerprint request on 24 august 2020
Fingerprint Submitted 25th August 2020
FP Status Compted 15 Sep 2020.
Online Test- Pending
Background verification - Completed
citizenship ceremony - not started.

Reactions: namratha_s

maxkram

Apr 14, 2016
Hi All,
Background Status Completed today.
Admin, can you please update the spreadsheet.
Application date - December 17, 2020(Online)
Processing office - Vancouver
Applied from Bradford, ON
AOR - April 2020
Fingerprint request on 24 august 2020
Fingerprint Submitted 25th August 2020
FP Status Compted 15 Sep 2020.
Online Test- Pending
Background verification - Completed
citizenship ceremony - not started.

How did you get to know your processing office?

saad1111

May 21, 2018
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to share the status on my account as my Background check is completed on 9th September, its an activity updated after almost 6 months from my interview which happened on 31st March.

• Wow
Reactions: CaBeaver

raaj051

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Anyone have idea that after citizenship test, how long it will take to get scanned passport pages request or interview ? Your precious reply will highly appreciated

Reactions: funloving

Pran6009

Dec 26, 2020
Anyone have idea that after citizenship test, how long it will take to get scanned passport pages request or interview ? Your precious reply will highly appreciated
It's not necessary that everyone get the request , you may or may not get it

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi All,

No this isn't as much weird as it is uncommon. People can receive test invitations before their background checks are complete and that's apparently what has happened in your case.