+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Since oath ceremonies are online (without physical room constraints), does anyone know why IRCC is scheduling applicants' oath ceremonies for 2022? I have seen (via the excel sheet) the oath ceremony scheduled for Jan and Feb 2022. I am pretty sure Zoom and MS Teams can accommodate 100s of people in a session. Are they maximizing those numbers? Is there a rationale for the future dates we are seeing at this moment?

I am not expecting a right or wrong answer as we most likely don't have it. Just to help my thoughts!

Your views are appreciated!!!

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Since oath ceremonies are online (without physical room constraints), does anyone know why IRCC is scheduling applicants' oath ceremonies for 2022? I have seen (via the excel sheet) the oath ceremony scheduled for Jan and Feb 2022. I am pretty sure Zoom and MS Teams can accommodate 100s of people in a session. Are they maximizing those numbers? Is there a rationale for the future dates we are seeing at this moment?

I am not expecting a right or wrong answer as we most likely don't have it. Just to help my thoughts!

Try talking to some ircc officers on LinkedIn , they might have an answer for you.

Reactions: Rijo02

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Try talking to some ircc officers on LinkedIn , they might have an answer for you.
Thanks, @luvtrump! Talking to IRCC officer(s) via LinkedIn seems like something I would like to do. To be sure, are the IRCC officers on LinkedIn on an open channel to discuss, or do they have to be a connection to initiate the talk?

Btw, are you a Trump lover? And is the T(t)rump your moniker stated referring to the main guy? :D

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Thanks, @luvtrump! Talking to IRCC officer(s) via LinkedIn seems like something I would like to do. To be sure, are the IRCC officers on LinkedIn on an open channel to discuss, or do they have to be a connection to initiate the talk?

Btw, are you a Trump lover? And is the T(t)rump your moniker stated referring to the main guy? :D
You need to have a connection or you can check which ircc officer has open channel and you can message to discuss the situation . Someone might answer. I'm not a trump lover but he is just too awesome .

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
You need to have a connection or you can check which ircc officer has open channel and you can message to discuss the situation . Someone might answer. I'm not a trump lover but he is just too awesome .
Thanks for the suggestion.

..........."he is just too awesome". Not too sure about that.

• Haha
Reactions: luvtrump

dersonc

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/Jun/2016
Passport Req..
17/Aug/2016
VISA ISSUED...
23/Aug/2016

Check these ATIP notes starting at page 280: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uLTJFxlUwXj3YHpXrcvMITBf9YbLbF6s/view

Each ceremony needs several officers with many steps for each of them to perform. It might explain why they can't schedule more people at once as they would need more officers dedicated to the ceremonies.

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Check these ATIP notes starting at page 280: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uLTJFxlUwXj3YHpXrcvMITBf9YbLbF6s/view

Each ceremony needs several officers with many steps for each of them to perform. It might explain why they can't schedule more people at once as they would need more officers dedicated to the ceremonies.
Wow!!! Having gone through the link you shared @dersonc, I felt so deeply connected with IRCC and Canada as a country (I am proud to live and work here, and soon to call it MY COUNTRY). The efforts they have put in place to come up with strategies that will keep the Citizenship grant process in motion despite the challenges posed by the pandemic are astonishing. The team has done a good job (though there is always room for improvement) in making great policies and I suppose will continue to navigate through them.

With this in mind, I will not complain of delays associated with processing applications (even though there might be a couple of agents who might not work efficiently to help attain the goals), they are really Overperforming!!!

Oh Canada!