+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

parassachapara

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
Congrats! Got mine today :)
Bit annoyed that after $630 fee(which the govt long ago promised to abolish), multiple formalities and many months of wait, the piece of paper all this was done for was casually folded and stuffed into the tiny mailbox haha They should really mail it in 'do not fold' envelopes. Better yet, provide digital copy (hopefully soon someday)
Haha. I had the same thought. Mine was also folded in small mailbox.

Help!

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
No AOR yet. What a wonderful world. I exceeded a point where I dont really care anymore. I won't even feel happy getting AOR at all. Meh.

MericaEh

May 19, 2021
Hello everyone! Wanted to post this update here since it's were it all started. With @rajkamalmohanram's suggestion, we have submitted an ATIP request for IRCC to release all unclassified documentation/communication regarding the processing of online citizenship applications. It may take a month or more for the request to be completed. Will keep you all posted.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hello everyone! Wanted to post this update here since it's were it all started. With @rajkamalmohanram's suggestion, we have submitted an ATIP request for IRCC to release all unclassified documentation/communication regarding the processing of online citizenship applications. It may take a month or more for the request to be completed. Will keep you all posted.
I also did that back in March, there was a an extension of 60 days at first, then the officer forgot about my request. They are now finalizing the request and I will get it within a week or two. What was the wording of your request?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
They will likely request an extension for this. So, assume it'll take a minimum of 60 days. For the information I requested, they requested extension twice so it took 90 days before I received the document.

MericaEh

May 19, 2021
I also did that back in March, there was a an extension of 60 days at first, then the officer forgot about my request. They are now finalizing the request and I will get it within a week or two. What was the wording of your request?
Unfortunately we do not have a copy of the request but we pretty much used the same wording as in @rajkamalmohanram's request with few adjustments to tailor it for our purpose https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/citizenship-test-collective-action-required-or-expect-endless-delays-years-example-of-the-effective-lobbyng-of-people-awaiting-spousal-sponsorship.697691/post-9168592
I'm glad to hear that you've already started on this a while ago. Can you please share your package with us once they get it sent out?

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Unfortunately we do not have a copy of the request but we pretty much used the same wording as in @rajkamalmohanram's request with few adjustments to tailor it for our purpose https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/citizenship-test-collective-action-required-or-expect-endless-delays-years-example-of-the-effective-lobbyng-of-people-awaiting-spousal-sponsorship.697691/post-9168592
I'm glad to hear that you've already started on this a while ago. Can you please share your package with us once they get it sent out?
Will do. I also used the same wording, but eventually narrowed it down to emails, records and policies. The emails should be from Assistant Deputy Ministers and higher, otherwise they will find thousands of emails and it will take them ages to process it (the irony here is it is taking them ages to process the request anyways :D)

MericaEh

May 19, 2021
Will do. I also used the same wording, but eventually narrowed it down to emails, records and policies. The emails should be from Assistant Deputy Ministers and higher, otherwise they will find thousands of emails and it will take them ages to process it (the irony here is it is taking them ages to process the request anyways :D)
I wouldn't expect anything more from IRCC haha