+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[DECEMBER] Online Citizenship Applicants

vg1989

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
I noticed the date got changed in the my tracker today i.e. "Updated: July 14, 2021". But there was no change in the application, still 4/6 are "In Progress".

Till yesterday the above date was May 3, 2021 and I wonder what changed today that they updated the date. Anyone noticed something similar with their tracker?

mohammedessam

Oct 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
I noticed the date got changed in the my tracker today i.e. "Updated: July 14, 2021". But there was no change in the application, still 4/6 are "In Progress".

Till yesterday the above date was May 3, 2021 and I wonder what changed today that they updated the date. Anyone noticed something similar with their tracker?
Check Ecas, you might have an update there.

Rijo02

May 2, 2018

@vg1989, I just checked my tracker after I read your post and noticed that my account also shows "Updated: July 14, 2021". Before now, the last update was April 29, 2021 (just the next day after my AOR on April 28, 2021)

Given that we have the same AOR, what do you think? Something must be going on for our profile to show an update or is it just a random batch_dispersed update?

Anyone else experienced this?

Last edited:

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Following the change in my tracker that shows "Updated: July 14, 2021", I just logged on to my tracker to notice another change "Updated: July 16, 2021". This time around, there are other changes as follows:
  1. Background verification (BV) Completed
  2. Application history showed a tracker that the BV was completed on Jul 15, 2021.
@vg1989, did you observe other changes in your tracker after the "ghost" update of July 14?

Last edited:

vg1989

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
Following the change in my tracker that shows "Updated: July 14, 2021", I just logged on to my tracker to notice another change "Updated: July 16, 2021". This time around, there are other changes as follows:
  2. Application history showed a tracker that the BV was completed on Jul 15, 2021.
@vg1989, did you observe other changes in your tracker after the "ghost" update of July 14?
Yes, I just checked and noticed exactly the same changes for me (BV completed).

Reactions: Rijo02

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I've updated the spreadsheet.

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Yes, I just checked and noticed exactly the same changes for me (BV completed).
WoW! Good to see some progress.

What could we make of these observations? Given that we are in two different local offices, I can assume that this processing is currently done in batches irrespective of location. We received AOR the same day, maybe that is one of the criteria to make up a batch.

Now, the next thing to think about is whether the officer currently processing our file will continue with the tempo or the officer will just close the file (after he/she has completed the BV) to come back after weeks (or even months) to complete the LS or PP or prohibitions.

IRCC, just press on the gas and get these things completed. They ain't that HARD!!!!

vg1989

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
WoW! Good to see some progress.

What could we make of these observations? Given that we are in two different local offices, I can assume that this processing is currently done in batches irrespective of location. We received AOR the same day, maybe that is one of the criteria to make up a batch.

Now, the next thing to think about is whether the officer currently processing our file will continue with the tempo or the officer will just close the file (after he/she has completed the BV) to come back after weeks (or even months) to complete the LS or PP or prohibitions.

IRCC, just press on the gas and get these things completed. They ain't that HARD!!!!
Yes its a positive sign but in my opinion the real action will happen once we get the test invite. Once the test is completed, rest of the statuses will also get updated around the test completion date (except ceremony), which was the case with most of the applicants.

anyusernameisgood

Jun 24, 2021
Trends are looking worse and worse tbh. Time to AOR 10-20 days longer on each new invite.

Worse though, looking at the pace that applicants background checks are completed.. Dec 16th applicant BG check done April 23rd (117 days) and for Dec 27th application BG check done July 15th (200 days..).

The system is not streamlined whatsoever. I assume CIC would want to clear out existing backlog maybe but so much talk, such little movement. Maybe things get better somewhere down the line but damn things are looking grim rn

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Is it possible to provide fingerprints from US? Or we have to be in Canada to provide them? Any idea?
You should be able to get your fingerprints taken in the US. '

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/where-to-give-biometrics.asp

Visa application centres (VACs) and U.S. Application Support Centers (ASCs)
Many VACs and ASCs have reopened.

Before you go:

• You may need to wear a mask and follow other health and safety rules—be prepared.
  • Check the VAC or ASC websiteto make sure it’s open.
    • VACs
      • If your local VAC is closed, don’t travel to give your biometrics at another location.
    • ASCs
      • All visitors 2 years of age or older who have not been fully vaccinated must wear face coverings.
      • Don’t travel from another country to go to an ASC; you must already be legally in the U.S. to go to an ASC.
      • You cannot enter an ASC facility if you’ve returned to the U.S. from international travel in the past 10 days. Learn more about the ASC COVID-19 visitor policy.
May be someone who recently had their fingerprints taken for citizenship purposes might be able to provide you with more information.

Reactions: svk1520