15-01-2018
Passport Req..
02-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2018
LANDED..........
13-10-2018
Hi guys,
Received my stamped passport and COPR (2copies) with the instruction letter yesterday 26th May at 15:50 IST.
Timeline:-
AOR: Dec 21, 2017
PPR: May 08, 2018
Passport submitted at VFS: May 11, 2018
Passport received at NDVO: May 14, 2018
Passport stamped: May 17, 2018
Status changed to "Approved" on myCIC: May 24, 2018
Return tracker activated: May 25, 2018
Passport and COPR received: May 26, 2018

Hope you get yours too asap @Nobatia
Will keep you guys posted about future plans.

On a sidenote, I think things are falling in place for me. My dream of watching a league cricket match LIVE in the stadium is going to get fulfilled today. So excited to cheer for my favourite players!
Sorry, couldn't update anything yesterday as I was planning my sudden trip.

My best wishes to everyone!
Thank you, and congrats!
Pretty amazing coincidence to have 2 great things happen on the same day. Sounds fun, hope you enjoy it. :)

Reactions: CANPRI

Fj1234

Mar 28, 2018
It shouldn't be. It's not wrong, it's just not exactly the same as the passport
@mamiojo, since you said you have ordered GCMS notes before, I have a question about it if you don't mind. Actually, I just ordered notes, and before, I heard that I need to pay $20 fee. But during request submission, I was not asked to pay any money, and after submission, I received the tracking number.

So, I am kind of unsure if I did it right. So, please confirm if I did it correctly. Thanks

mamiojo

Mar 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
@mamiojo, since you said you have ordered GCMS notes before, I have a question about it if you don't mind. Actually, I just ordered notes, and before, I heard that I need to pay $20 fee. But during request submission, I was not asked to pay any money, and after submission, I received the tracking number.

So, I am kind of unsure if I did it right. So, please confirm if I did it correctly. Thanks
Hmm where did you order it from?

Some third party website (i.e.: https://www.getgcms.com/) or through CIC's website?

I ordered through Immitracker's service and I was requested to pay right away with the submission

Fj1234

Mar 28, 2018
Hmm where did you order it from?

Some third party website (i.e.: https://www.getgcms.com/) or through CIC's website?

I ordered through Immitracker's service and I was requested to pay right away with the submission
I applied through the following website (and hit apply online button), I think it is CIC's website. It seems it's free if I order on my own behalf and $5 if applied on behalf of someone else.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html

mamiojo

Mar 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I applied through the following website (and hit apply online button), I think it is CIC's website. It seems it's free if I order on my own behalf and $5 if applied on behalf of someone else.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html
You must be in Canada to order from that site, I believe you have to be a resident. Are you an inland applicant?

I'm surprised you were able to conclude the order, not sure if you'll get the notes though.

I might be wrong, but as far as I know only people in Canada and who are residents can order notes from immigration's site. Everyone else has to order from third party companies and the average cost is 20 to 35 USD.

Fj1234

Mar 28, 2018
You must be in Canada to order from that site, I believe you have to be a resident. Are you an inland applicant?

I'm surprised you were able to conclude the order, not sure if you'll get the notes though.

I might be wrong, but as far as I know only people in Canada and who are residents can order notes from immigration's site. Everyone else has to order from third party companies and the average cost is 20 to 35 USD.
Yes, I am in Canada and inland applicant. So in the website it is mentioned that "To send a request you must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or an individual or corporation currently in Canada." So based on that, I thought I can order it since I am an individual currently in Canada.

Kimi Owen

Apr 16, 2018
This thread seems unusually quiet today & I'm hoping that my post serves as a morale booster for anyone who's been waiting for their PPR since long..

PNP - Outland (OINP)
AOR - Dec 30th
Medicals Passed - Jan 24th
ADR 1 - Feb 7th (Submitted - 13th Feb)
IP2 - Feb 27th
Ghost update 1: April 18th
ADR 2 - May 01st (Submitted - May 01st)
Ghost Update 2: May 11th
PPR: May 17th

VO: NDVO

A year after this process started(OINP EOI on 19th May 2017) & life practically coming to a standstill, the PPR request has offered more of a sense of relief than delight... The ordeal is done, phewwww!!!!!!!

Wishing everyone on this forum luck & let there be a PPR storm over the next few days.
Updating the timeline:

Passports submitted: May 21st
COPR Date: May 25th
Passports received: May 28th

mamiojo

Mar 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Yes, I am in Canada and inland applicant. So in the website it is mentioned that "To send a request you must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or an individual or corporation currently in Canada." So based on that, I thought I can order it since I am an individual currently in Canada.
Unless it changed recently, or else that would be no reason for inland applicants to pay 3rd party companies.

Anyway, now it goes beyond my knowledge, so I'm not gonna comment cause I'm not sure anymore. I hope it's as simple as it seems and you get your notes ASAP.

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
I am also an inland applicant on a WP. I have applied directly but under the Access to Information Act since my dependents are not in Canada with the fee of $5. I received the notes without issue. I did upload my WP when I applied just in case to prove that I am an individual in Canada. I have not applied under the Privacy Act so I'm not sure. However, in order to apply under the Privacy Act I believe that all persons information being requested must be in Canada. So if you're applying for yourself who is in Canada then you should be okay or if you're applying for everybody who is in Canada then you should be okay there as well.

l_p

Nov 21, 2017
I am also an inland applicant on a WP. I have applied directly but under the Access to Information Act since my dependents are not in Canada with the fee of $5. I received the notes without issue. I did upload my WP when I applied just in case to prove that I am an individual in Canada. I have not applied under the Privacy Act so I'm not sure. However, in order to apply under the Privacy Act I believe that all persons information being requested must be in Canada. So if you're applying for yourself who is in Canada then you should be okay or if you're applying for everybody who is in Canada then you should be okay there as well.

Just replying to confirm this is correct, I applied under the Privacy Act for myself and attached my work permit at the end (not sure if this is required or not) and I was able to get a copy of my notes for free.

I did have to email them exactly after 31 days at the address they provided and I got them the next day.

Reactions: Fj1234

OAG

Jul 16, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-12-2018
AOR: Dec 10, 2017
inland CEC express entry applicant
ADR: Feb 01
Current status: We are currently processing your background check.
Any one else in the same situation?

Fj1234

Mar 28, 2018
AOR: Dec 10, 2017
inland CEC express entry applicant
ADR: Feb 01
Any one else in the same situation?
I have similar timeline as yours.
CEC inland applicant
AOR Dec 6
ADR Jan 11

utoydemir

Sep 28, 2017
Ordered my second set of GCMS notes 2 weeks ago on applygcms.com. After contacting them they said my order has been submitted. There has been no change on my application. Is "no update after ordering GCMS" normal?

amug

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Ordered my second set of GCMS notes 2 weeks ago on applygcms.com. After contacting them they said my order has been submitted. There has been no change on my application. Is "no update after ordering GCMS" normal?
GCMS and updates are not connected together ...