mamiojo

Mar 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi Canada aspirants,

Greetings to all !

I would like to get added to this group..
Me too on the same boat, anxiously waiting for the Golden email.

My timeline:
Received AOR : Dec 2, 2017
Meds Passed : Dec 14
IP2 : Mar 6
I saw the "updated" in my CIC profile on 23rd April, but yet to receive a PPR email.

Can someone help me to understand, why there is still delay in getting the PPR? Will there be further Security scanning or something ? I dont really understand. Because as I read from this forum, people have received their PPR email in less than 2 days from the update.
Welcome to the forum. Did you notice any update on your profile when seeing that message? I.e.: Background changed from "N/A" to "In progress"?

Reactions: gary007

CANGO18

May 8, 2018
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Welcome to the forum. Did you notice any update on your profile when seeing that message? I.e.: Background changed from "N/A" to "In progress"?
Hi Friend,

No, I did not notice any change about the Background check. It remains same before and after the updated.

mamiojo

Mar 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi Friend,

No, I did not notice any change about the Background check. It remains same before and after the updated.
Yea some people report ghost updates. Usually they get PPR email 24-48 hours in most cases. Some people get it after a few more days. I take that you've checked your spam/junk folder as well?

CANGO18

May 8, 2018
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Yea some people report ghost updates. Usually they get PPR email 24-48 hours in most cases. Some people get it after a few more days. I take that you've checked your spam/junk folder as well?
Yes I do check in spam/junk folders regularly.
So do you say, this waiting time usual ?

mamiojo

Mar 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Yes I do check in spam/junk folders regularly.
So do you say, this waiting time usual ?
There's no official answer for that, unfortunately. Some people get a ghost update and receive their PR within hours. Some others don't hear any news for days.

Reactions: gary007

mamiojo

Mar 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
So yesterday I received my GCMS notes. Today my boss received an email from immigration asking whether the employment letter I provided is legit and if I still work for the company. Sharing with you:

Sent: May 8, 2018 12:07 PM
To: 'xxxxx'
Subject: Immigration Validation/Verification Process: Employment Reference Letter for Ms. xxxx

Good day,

I am an immigration officer employed with Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). This e-mail is being sent to you, as per the above stated individual, Ms. xxxxxx, documentary submissions to our department in support of her application. The applicant, xxxxxx, has submitted an employment reference letter from [company name and date]. The letter has been signed by you, where you are stated as holding the position of Director (see attached).

As part of our validation and verification process, I would request that you indicate whether the attached reference letter in question is in fact authentic and whether the information contained within is accurate as it pertains to the employment of the applicant. In addition, please respond to the following questions in order to provide further clarification regarding the employment of the applicant:

-Does the position held by the applicant (my job title) involve any work related travel? If so, please identify any travel that occurred “outside” of Canada for a duration of a week or more;

-Is the applicant, Ms. xxxxx, still employed with your company? If not, please indicate when the last day of employment for the applicant was and the reason for the applicant no longer being employed with you;

-What was the location of the applicants employment? Is the location that which is stated on the reference letter in question (company's address)?

Your cooperation in this validation and verification process would be greatly appreciated. Should you require any additional information or clarification, please contact me via the information indicated below.

Thank you for your time and assistance in this matter.

Sincerely,

xxxxxxxxxx

Immigration Officer, Domestic Network
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada / Government of Canada
xxxxxx@cic.gc.ca / Tel: 647-xxx-xxxx

Agent d'immigration, Réseau National
Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
xxxxxx@cic.gc.ca / Tél.: 647-xxx-xxxx

Reactions: Troy2245

HKV

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Congrats again and thank you for your kind words. I've also been a bit busy planning the big move so I haven't been checking in as often, I hope to share my experience in a future post as well.
Like you I also submitted my passport on 3rd of May through VFS Global and waiting for COPR.

Good luck to our friends still waiting for their PPR! :)
Thanks for your reply! Do keep me posted if you get any updates on your approval update. I am still waiting for it!

Reactions: Nobatia

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
So yesterday I received my GCMS notes. Today my boss received an email from immigration asking whether the employment letter I provided is legit and if I still work for the company. Sharing with you:

Sent: May 8, 2018 12:07 PM
To: 'xxxxx'
Subject: Immigration Validation/Verification Process: Employment Reference Letter for Ms. xxxx

Good day,

I am an immigration officer employed with Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). This e-mail is being sent to you, as per the above stated individual, Ms. xxxxxx, documentary submissions to our department in support of her application. The applicant, xxxxxx, has submitted an employment reference letter from [company name and date]. The letter has been signed by you, where you are stated as holding the position of Director (see attached).

As part of our validation and verification process, I would request that you indicate whether the attached reference letter in question is in fact authentic and whether the information contained within is accurate as it pertains to the employment of the applicant. In addition, please respond to the following questions in order to provide further clarification regarding the employment of the applicant:

-Does the position held by the applicant (my job title) involve any work related travel? If so, please identify any travel that occurred “outside” of Canada for a duration of a week or more;

-Is the applicant, Ms. xxxxx, still employed with your company? If not, please indicate when the last day of employment for the applicant was and the reason for the applicant no longer being employed with you;

-What was the location of the applicants employment? Is the location that which is stated on the reference letter in question (company's address)?

Your cooperation in this validation and verification process would be greatly appreciated. Should you require any additional information or clarification, please contact me via the information indicated below.

Thank you for your time and assistance in this matter.

Sincerely,

xxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxx@cic.gc.ca / Tel: 647-xxx-xxxx

Agent d'immigration, Réseau National
Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
xxxxxx@cic.gc.ca / Tél.: 647-xxx-xxxx
interesting! Hope you get through this soon :) and they process immediately asap after they receive counter response

Reactions: mamiojo

mamiojo

Mar 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
interesting! Hope you get through this soon :) and they process immediately asap after they receive counter response
Thank you for the positivity! They've acknowledged receipt right after my boss replied. Everything happened within 1 hour :)

Sent: May 8, 2018 12:58 PM
To: 'xxxx'
Subject: RE: Immigration Validation/Verification Process: Employment Reference Letter for Ms. xxxxx

Hi xxxx,

Thank you for the quick response to my enquiry. Much appreciated.

Cheers,

xxxxxx

xxxxx@cic.gc.ca / Tel: 647-xxxxxx

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
Thank you for the positivity! They've acknowledged receipt right after my boss replied. Everything happened within 1 hour :)

Sent: May 8, 2018 12:58 PM
To: 'xxxx'
Subject: RE: Immigration Validation/Verification Process: Employment Reference Letter for Ms. xxxxx

Hi xxxx,

Thank you for the quick response to my enquiry. Much appreciated.

Cheers,

xxxxxx

xxxxx@cic.gc.ca / Tel: 647-xxxxxx
That's cool bud! I am sure this could have been last thing before PPR mail comes out. I just hope you receive this weekend at the best or at the earliest :) I am glad that you and your boss coordinated well and it worked out. Cheers to that :cool:

Reactions: mamiojo

mamiojo

Mar 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
That's cool bud! I am sure this could have been last thing before PPR mail comes out. I just hope you receive this weekend at the best or at the earliest :) I am glad that you and your boss coordinated well and it worked out. Cheers to that :cool:
Crossing my fingers 200 times for these words :p

CANGO18

May 8, 2018
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Hi mamiojo ...That looks positive...Hope you will get your PPR soon...

Can someone guide me on how to order for GCMS notes? Is it necessary that we should be having somebody in Canada to reference the GCMS Notes?

bbq_g3

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017
Hi guys,

So, just received the Ready for Visa email. Strange enough, my CIC profile and application had my email ID on it. But my sibling had ordered GCMS notes for me. The Ready for Visa email was sent to my sibling's email ID.

Timeline:
AOR: Dec 21, 2017
MEP: Jan 09, 2018
IP1: Jan 09, 2018
NA2: Jan 11, 2018
IP2: Feb 27, 2018
GCMS notes ordered: May 03, 2018
Ghost Update: May 07, 2018
PPR: May 08, 2018
VO: Ottawa
Stream: FSW-O

Thanks to all the members of the forum for your guidance, encouragement and support. Without you all, this wait would have been terrible to deal with. Will keep you guys posted about post-PPR timelines as well.

Cheers, and good luck to everyone!