+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December AOR 2017 - join here.

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
How many years of experience are you claiming in your current job? Could you have contacted any ex-colleagues who had left the organization?
Did you receive any ADR during the process?
I tried to contact few people but no one I could trust enough to make sure the word doesn't spread. I did receive a travel ADR early Jan, post which my medical status were passed and docs status went to not required. So hoping Alls well..

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
From what I understand, to verify your employment they do a web search on the company to confirm its existence, check it's website, and sometimes contact the references you provide in your letters (supervisor/manager/HR). Though in my case none of my co-workers got any calls or emails, at least that's what they claim. In notes they did mention the other checks they did though. Ideally, you'd want some kind of reference other than yourself, so I don't know what they'd do in that situation. Have you ordered any GCMS notes before?
If they do a web search I should be fine. Mine is a very well known global bank. I did not give any references, I've read on this forum that some even got calls themselves to verify the details. I'm hoping if it comes to that they will contact me and then I can give additional references or any other information. Didn't order gcms till now thinking since there are so many Dec AOR waiting, it's just the process is slow and nothing unusual, but now I'm considering applying for one..

Reactions: CANPRI and bbq_g3

bbq_g3

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017
I tried to contact few people but no one I could trust enough to make sure the word doesn't spread. I did receive a travel ADR early Jan, post which my medical status were passed and docs status went to not required. So hoping Alls well..
Well then, looks like you have done all that you could do. The fact that you did not receive any ADR for reference letters should be a positive sign. Fingers crossed.

bbq_g3

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017
If they do a web search I should be fine. Mine is a very well known global bank. I did not give any references, I've read on this forum that some even got calls themselves to verify the details. I'm hoping if it comes to that they will contact me and then I can give additional references or any other information. Didn't order gcms till now thinking since there are so many Dec AOR waiting, it's just the process is slow and nothing unusual, but now I'm considering applying for one..
Yea, I have heard about that too. GCMS notes should help you better understand your specific situation.

ateotia11

Feb 7, 2018
I had two jobs for which I claimed points. For the old one I could get a proper director signed cic format letter. For the current job, since I could not discuss with my Mgr or HR, I could not get the roles and responsibilities letter. I submitted all other proofs for this current job, just the work reference letter is not as per Cic guidelines
that should be ok, did you explain it in the LOE why you couldnt get it for current job?

gary007

Nov 12, 2017
Hi everyone
I tried contacting CIC agent for status of application on +161139444000 but unable to talk to them
Does anyone knows any other number or email ?
Urgent reply needed
Kind regards
Gary

ateotia11

Feb 7, 2018
Hi everyone
I tried contacting CIC agent for status of application on +161139444000 but unable to talk to them
Does anyone knows any other number or email ?
Urgent reply needed
Kind regards
Gary
that is the only number, you need to try constantly and you might get through to an agent. else try tomorrow

Reactions: gary007

HKV

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
No news of PPR again :( Every day I tell myself that today is the day, and end up being disappointed. It just feels like everything has come to a standstill at CIC, I really wonder why is it that Dec AORs are still waiting and the Feb & Mar AORs are already getting their PPR. It's a bit frustrating! But anyway, today is a new day, here's hoping that the positive news of PPR is coming our way soon.

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
that should be ok, did you explain it in the LOE why you couldnt get it for current job?
Yes I explained how it would affect my working relationships and any future prospects if my management were to be aware that i do not I tend to continue with the company. Wrote a detailed (hopefully convincing) LOE and also attached a self attested roles and responsibilities letter. Fingers crossed...

Dubyskye

Nov 29, 2017
Wow that's pretty nerve wrecking. Wish they would atleast provided some updates in terms of expected timelines or such a we didn't need to be anxious all the time.
Yea, unfortunately, it seems the only sure way to know the true status of the application is the GCMS notes, which takes time to process. So, we just keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Dubyskye

Nov 29, 2017
From what I understand, you have submitted a self attested role and responsibilities letter with an LOE. I do not think you should be worried then.

The person who got rejection did not submit anything. Only slips, offer letter etc. No mention at all of role and responsibilities. Now that is a red flag. CIC explicitly states your R&R should be available since you are applying under a specific NOC.

But in your case, the letter is available (only not on letterhead or by a colleague). Don't worry, it should be fine.

PS I have a friend who has got her PR in a similar situation.
Please, can you shed more light on what your friend's situation was? Thanks